FM18: Arsenal - Victoria Concordia Crescit

gandrasch

On 11/11/2017 at 17:03, vit1 ☔ said:

I try to sell Alexis for her 7X value but no one pays more than 45 so:

d441ce34cb8b1493d7fbe689936c1aac.png

e986faca243480c757d898ec77cf6e69.png

And after play al day, game crash without save fml

You sold Pleguezuelo to Hearts for £240m and Walcott to Caen for £165m so probably deserved the crash to be fair. Even Iliev for £27m is bad enough cheating.

Unless I've read the amounts completely wrong and if so i apologise.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

You sold Pleguezuelo to Hearts for £240m and Walcott to Caen for £165m so probably deserved the crash to be fair. Even Iliev for £27m is bad enough cheating.

Unless I've read the amounts completely wrong and if so i apologise.

I didn't even see the Pleguezuelo to Hearts!

2 hours ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

I haven't got the game yet but if I start as Arsenal does Wenger automatically move upstairs or do you have to try and sign him?

It's first question you get when you get the job. Straight choice of yes or no and no one seems bothered when you get rid...should you wish to.

1 hour ago, gholliday87 said:

I didn't even see the Pleguezuelo to Hearts!

Pretty sure his original post before it was edited stated he was using a different currency, can't remember which, but that might be represented by the bigger M and smaller m next to each value.

Started my Arsenal save over the weekend, trying to get a tactic working using the 3 at the back and has not been a great start. Ok at the back not struggling going forward (until Palace), so still work to be done. Transfer window off so no deals made. Ozil has signed but Sanchez still doesn't want to know and if is still the case in January I'm gonna have to let him go :seagull:

CS - 1-1 Chelsea (lost on pens)

Prem -A- Lost 0-2 Liverpool

Prem -H- Drew 0-0 Southampton

Prem -A- Drew 1-1 Man Utd

Prem -A- Drew 0-0 Huddersfield

EL -H- Won 2-0 PAOK

Prem -H- Won 6-0 C Palace

On 11.11.2017 at 18:03, vit1 ☔ said:

d441ce34cb8b1493d7fbe689936c1aac.png

How did Hearts get €240m to spend on transfers? And how did you get them to buy Pleguezuelo for that amount? Please tell me, I'd sell him instantly!
Speaking of questions, how did Caen get €165m to buy Walcott? When other players struggle to offload him for €15-20m..

Edit: or does "M" represent "millions" and "m" "thousands" ("mille")?

If so, it makes a lot more sense.

So, I'm solid at the back, conceded 1 goal in 11 games (inc friendlies) but not performing as I want.

Formation below, is it just I'm set up too defensively? Personally, I'd think my formation is attacking enough.

Ignore some of the players...Dendoncker, Chambers & Dolberg are there due to injuries

f7f0f769e0c189e43e9b647758d99a31.png

1 hour ago, gholliday87 said:

So, I'm solid at the back, conceded 1 goal in 11 games (inc friendlies) but not performing as I want.

Formation below, is it just I'm set up too defensively? Personally, I'd think my formation is attacking enough.

Ignore some of the players...Dendoncker, Chambers & Dolberg are there due to injuries

f7f0f769e0c189e43e9b647758d99a31.png

Who do you want to score your goals? In front you only have Dolberg (for now) as attacking. Others - like Öil, Savic en Ramsey - are on support. Means that they are supporting and not looking for goals but assists imo. And you can't really expect that your wingbacks are going to score for you. Maybe Ramsey or Savic can play lower and you add another option with an SCR?

By the way. What did you pay for Hernandez, Dolberg and Savic? And what about young prospects as Nketiah, Nelson, Adelaide, Iwobi, Niles?

5 minutes ago, Yoeri said:

By the way. What did you pay for Hernandez, Dolberg and Savic? And what about young prospects as Nketiah, Nelson, Adelaide, Iwobi, Niles?

I appreciate that there are a lot of (s) duties, but I played a similar formation on '17 and performed a lot better. I'm even losing the possession battle, which is a bit of a surprise. Same thing when you start an FM, I really don't want to fall back to the 4-2-3-1 (wide) formation that I always end up using!

Managed to get Hernandez on loan, Dolberg was about 20, Savic was 31ish. Most of my youth are out on loan.

Defensive formations seem to work far better at ...being defensive in FM18, so perhaps it can grant you succes. I'd expect to see a lot of 0-0 games though. I'd also consider playing a b2b midfielder, as they tend to score shitloads of goals in my games, more than players in the AP role for some reason.

3 minutes ago, gholliday87 said:

I appreciate that there are a lot of (s) duties, but I played a similar formation on '17 and performed a lot better. I'm even losing the possession battle, which is a bit of a surprise. Same thing when you start an FM, I really don't want to fall back to the 4-2-3-1 (wide) formation that I always end up using!

Managed to get Hernandez on loan, Dolberg was about 20, Savic was 31ish. Most of my youth are out on loan.

I understand. The possession battle... yeah. Thats not a shame if you score a goal more then your opponent. 

It's cool that you want to be innovational. I like the 4-2-3-1, but in FM, you should do something special imo. Maybe you can put your wb's higher up on the pitch. Like: 3-1-4-1-1. Worked very well last year in FM17 in my game. Bellerin scored and assists every single game!

1 minute ago, Yoeri said:

I understand. The possession battle... yeah. Thats not a shame if you score a goal more then your opponent. 

It's cool that you want to be innovational. I like the 4-2-3-1, but in FM, you should do something special imo. Maybe you can put your wb's higher up on the pitch. Like: 3-1-4-1-1. Worked very well last year in FM17 in my game. Bellerin scored and assists every single game!

You say losing the possession battle isn't a shame if you win, but at Arsenal, is that really true??

It's keeping the game interesting at least!

Just now, gholliday87 said:

You say losing the possession battle isn't a shame if you win, but at Arsenal, is that really true??

It's keeping the game interesting at least!

Maybe it's important at Arsenal. But we stick to the 'philosofy' for so long. We need to be innovational. In real life it's also not going very well. A lot of things are still not good. One of them is the tactic set-up in my opinion. 

And in FM. I prefer not to retain posession. 

15 minutes ago, Yoeri said:

Maybe it's important at Arsenal. But we stick to the 'philosofy' for so long. We need to be innovational. In real life it's also not going very well. A lot of things are still not good. One of them is the tactic set-up in my opinion. 

And in FM. I prefer not to retain posession. 

It's something that I'll need to stick with, as I like the wing back formation, it's different, and tbh, I don't have a high quality bunch of wingers

1 minute ago, gholliday87 said:

It's something that I'll need to stick with, as I like the wing back formation, it's different, and tbh, I don't have a high quality bunch of wingers

Doesn't matter. Just play Theo on the left en Hector on the right. It will work out because they have good teamwork.

I'm approaching Summer 2018 and have Zivkovic and Gedson Fernandes on my radar. They both look fantastic kids, has anyone signed them? Moise Kean is joining in the summer too, Kasper Dolberg is already in the squad, the kid's clearly got talent but lazy as Arsenols.  

Holding has been the standout player during 2017/18, his 3 star rating belies his fantastic all-round game. Chambers and Walcott also had good seasons, though the latter picked up 4 injuries and was on the sidelines for 2 months. Iwobi and Nelson made solid contributions and are worth keeping in my opinion. Welbeck is okay, but a serious drain on the wage bill so I'm getting Zivkovic in to replace him in the squad. Per is our new Head of Youth Development.

Dembele turned out to be a steal at £20m, knocking in 19 goals in all competitions, glad I replaced Giroud with him. N'Zonzi was also a solid purchase, a slow start but one of the players of the season in the end. 

1 hour ago, Nonlondoner said:

Moise Kean is joining in the summer too

He is turning into a monster at the left for me! Homegrown as well as he joined at the age of 18. Do you really need Zivkovic as well? Haven't tried him myself, but he's at Real Madrid at my save so I guess he is pretty decent. Fernandes is average, but if you like Benfica talents, take a look at Joao Felix.

5a14ae0c151c9_Skjermbilde2017-11-2123_50_40.thumb.png.0c0a93888baecdfb640c1475631000fd.png

6 hours ago, Woho said:

He is turning into a monster at the left for me! Homegrown as well as he joined at the age of 18. Do you really need Zivkovic as well? Haven't tried him myself, but he's at Real Madrid at my save so I guess he is pretty decent. Fernandes is average, but if you like Benfica talents, take a look at Joao Felix.

5a14ae0c151c9_Skjermbilde2017-11-2123_50_40.thumb.png.0c0a93888baecdfb640c1475631000fd.png

Wow, I've bagged a good 'un.  Thanks for that and the info.

Will check out Joao Felix. With Zivkovic I need a decent winger who can comfortably play on both wings and will make eventually take Welbeck and Walcotts place as 2nd choice winger. I'll do a little more homework on Fernandes, sounds like there's much better prospects out there. 

5 hours ago, Nonlondoner said:

I'll do a little more homework on Fernandes, sounds like there's much better prospects out there. 

If you need wingers, Malcom have the same issue as Alexis. He doesnt renew his contract and get cheaper every season until he goes on a free if no one picks him up. He is very good and can play both flanks, but I think he is still expensive after one season. Abouchabaka is also one to look after, he is amazing for me!

I try to play FM pretty close to what happens IRL, at least for the first season.

So im trying to make things happen using Arsenes 343 (or whatever you might call it) with our current lineup. Started the season alright with a 1:0 over Chelsea in the Supercup, then 4:0 against West Brom at home and 4:1 against Leicester at their's. Followed by a boring 0:0 at home vs. Burnley.

This is how i line up:

Chech (GK) (distribute to center backs)

Mustafi (BPDst) - Kos (CD cover) - Monreal (BPDst)

Bellerin (WBa) - Xhaka (CMd) - Ramsey (BBM) - Kola (WBs)

Özil (APs) (move into channels) - Alexis (SS)

Laca (CFs)

Early observations:

- Özil very static, would love to make him more mobile without giving him an attack duty. Ideas?

- CMd is naturally very modest in his ratings and contribution to the game, will tinker with giving hi greater freedom in terms of passing (more direct/more adventurous)

- 0:0 vs Burnley was a bummer, I just had no idea to make my offense better without sacrificing my defense. Maybe...

- ...make a second tactic with Alexis out wide as IFa and Özil out wide as APs? Just for variaton against teams tight in the middle.

- Ramsey works well as a mezzala as well, will tinker and see if the team becomes unbalaned. Doesn't matter though, as...

- Ramsey did his cruciate ligaments and is out for 6-7 month after the Burnley match. Think i will have to make do with Elneny/Coq as BBM. Elneny is great on FM, fortunately.

Thoughts on my tactical setup anyone?

21 minutes ago, Time_Consumer said:

- Özil very static, would love to make him more mobile without giving him an attack duty. Ideas?

Maybe playing him as an attacking midfielder(s)? or out wide as an advanced playmaker(s) with sit narrow pi so you maintain your shape offensively and he does not hold position.

10 minutes ago, roger_rs said:

Maybe playing him as an attacking midfielder(s)? or out wide as an advanced playmaker(s) with sit narrow pi so you maintain your shape offensively and he does not hold position.

Good advice. Tried him as AP(s) out wide in pre-season already, he was still a little too deep for my liking and hardly connected with anyone but Bellerin.
Might try to just go with Treq and see if we can pull it off. Or rather, if Xhaka can pull off being enough cover on the right with Özil and Bellerin being very offensive...

AM(s) could be a good shout actually, will try this as well.

3 hours ago, Time_Consumer said:

- CMd is naturally very modest in his ratings and contribution to the game, will tinker with giving hi greater freedom in terms of passing (more direct/more adventurous)

- Ramsey works well as a mezzala as well, will tinker and see if the team becomes unbalaned. Doesn't matter though, as...

If you try to replicate IRL, I would say Ramsey is more like a mezzala than a BBM. Arsene might want to play him as a BBM, but as he continually "forgets" his defensive duties he ends up like a mezzala anyways.

I would say Xhaka play DLP(d). That gives him the creative freedom to pass, but he stays deep in his position. You might go for a carrilero when you play Coq/Elneny as they do more of the dirty work and are less creative?

Its an attacking duty, but I would maybe say that Özil is pushed forward in a trequarista role in the new system. Its often him that launches counter attacks and he fills up the box to attack the pull backs from Bellerin/Kolasinac. I think the T will be more mobile that an AP as well.

Arsenal is quite a fun project/challenge at FM18 in my opinion. Best player wont sign new contract, central midfield not close to be european top class & you are not in the champions league. 

1. We are 12 matches into the season, 3p from Chelsea at top, so results have been decent. Have been playing with the tactic to the left. Not 100% happy with the attacking structure atm but some sort of WIP;

- Should we really play with an Inside Forward AND a Mezzala on the same wing?
- Best role for Mesut Özil? (No)
- Tried converting CF to a SS/F9 but Lacazette should be playing as a Complete forward and nothing else so we stick to that. Maybe later.

2. So, have been toying with the second tactic as "Plan B" when we are chasing a goal. More exposed at the wings but best role for Özil with two runners push the D-line back & gives him time OR options. Early days but like it so far!

3. Third tactic is also a WIP for the away games at Chelsea, ManU, ManC etc etc & Europe. Not tested yet tho...

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements or so. This is the first save for me on FM18 so mostly trying new stuff & exploring the new roles. 
We have been quite active on the transfers so Ieave an overview below. Quite happy with our acquisitions so far but hope to improve our left wing in January (Felipe Anderson? Álex Grimaldo?)

* on the left wing I have been switching between Nelson, Welbeck & Iwobi)
** RB in first tactic usually a FB-A but Palace were playing Zaha as a Inverted Winger so we wanted to overload in the pocket he left

5a15f33360696_Skarmavbild2017-11-22kl_23_02_56.thumb.png.3c4799a2a48f70a8d5c618786e18f3e4.png5a15f45e5e679_Skarmavbild2017-11-22kl_23_19_19.thumb.png.fc58007ca99ddaeadea82d8eca332bc3.png5a15f461628e1_Skarmavbild2017-11-22kl_23_20_53.thumb.png.ed6c8e21f49fca45134c57fb8e01264b.png

5a15f866356bb_Skarmavbild2017-11-22kl_23.38_23.thumb.png.51addc15ba0e312ec7572e77ac356e20.png

15 hours ago, Woho said:

If you try to replicate IRL, I would say Ramsey is more like a mezzala than a BBM. Arsene might want to play him as a BBM, but as he continually "forgets" his defensive duties he ends up like a mezzala anyways.

I would say Xhaka play DLP(d). That gives him the creative freedom to pass, but he stays deep in his position. You might go for a carrilero when you play Coq/Elneny as they do more of the dirty work and are less creative?

Its an attacking duty, but I would maybe say that Özil is pushed forward in a trequarista role in the new system. Its often him that launches counter attacks and he fills up the box to attack the pull backs from Bellerin/Kolasinac. I think the T will be more mobile that an AP as well.

Thanks for the ideas.
When it comes to replicating real life, it's mostly about formation and players used in season 1. So I wouldn't mind Ramsey not reproducing his flaws in FM, BBM seems to work okay. :-D

I for now have settled on a 5-2-2-1 WB with wide playersnup front, still struggling to create enough chances, defense works decently. Will share screens later and go into more detail. 

It's a fun save, even though performances are really inconsistent.

2 hours ago, Time_Consumer said:

I for now have settled on a 5-2-2-1 WB with wide playersnup front, still struggling to create enough chances, defense works decently. Will share screens later and go into more detail. 

I play a similar formation, but mine is 5-4-1 diamond, and whilst I'm defensivly strong, I really do struggle to create chances, but I really like the formation.

At the moment, it's a square pegs in round holes type situation!

15 hours ago, ekstromlars said:

Arsenal is quite a fun project/challenge at FM18 in my opinion. Best player wont sign new contract, central midfield not close to be european top class & you are not in the champions league. 

1. We are 12 matches into the season, 3p from Chelsea at top, so results have been decent. Have been playing with the tactic to the left. Not 100% happy with the attacking structure atm but some sort of WIP;

- Should we really play with an Inside Forward AND a Mezzala on the same wing?
- Best role for Mesut Özil? (No)
- Tried converting CF to a SS/F9 but Lacazette should be playing as a Complete forward and nothing else so we stick to that. Maybe later.

2. So, have been toying with the second tactic as "Plan B" when we are chasing a goal. More exposed at the wings but best role for Özil with two runners push the D-line back & gives him time OR options. Early days but like it so far!

3. Third tactic is also a WIP for the away games at Chelsea, ManU, ManC etc etc & Europe. Not tested yet tho...

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements or so. This is the first save for me on FM18 so mostly trying new stuff & exploring the new roles. 
We have been quite active on the transfers so Ieave an overview below. Quite happy with our acquisitions so far but hope to improve our left wing in January (Felipe Anderson? Álex Grimaldo?)

* on the left wing I have been switching between Nelson, Welbeck & Iwobi)
** RB in first tactic usually a FB-A but Palace were playing Zaha as a Inverted Winger so we wanted to overload in the pocket he left

5a15f33360696_Skarmavbild2017-11-22kl_23_02_56.thumb.png.3c4799a2a48f70a8d5c618786e18f3e4.png5a15f45e5e679_Skarmavbild2017-11-22kl_23_19_19.thumb.png.fc58007ca99ddaeadea82d8eca332bc3.png5a15f461628e1_Skarmavbild2017-11-22kl_23_20_53.thumb.png.ed6c8e21f49fca45134c57fb8e01264b.png

5a15f866356bb_Skarmavbild2017-11-22kl_23.38_23.thumb.png.51addc15ba0e312ec7572e77ac356e20.png

Great stuff. I also play 4-1-2-3 and 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-3-2 depends on the opp. 

I do like to see some test results about your third tactic. I don't know if it will work with the red gaps and don't know for sure who's likely to score with all that supporting roles. 

My third tactich will probably been 4-1-4-1 VM or 4-4-2.

Nice transfers by the way. They are all great prospects. But I like Weigl the most. Passing genius.

36 minutes ago, gholliday87 said:

I'm a big fan of Weigl, but at €60 increasing to €96, I think he got done a bit there!

Thats true. But you can spread it over several years. And you have a good passing VM for the next 10 years,

7 hours ago, Yoeri said:

Great stuff. I also play 4-1-2-3 and 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-3-2 depends on the opp. 

I do like to see some test results about your third tactic. I don't know if it will work with the red gaps and don't know for sure who's likely to score with all that supporting roles. 

My third tactich will probably been 4-1-4-1 VM or 4-4-2.

Nice transfers by the way. They are all great prospects. But I like Weigl the most. Passing genius.

First test ended in a 1-2 defeat at Old Trafford. Not as compact in defense as I would have like and not as lethal going forward either. Back to the drawing board.
4-1-4-1 might not be such a bad idea. Might lean towards that!

5a172a63893b8_Skarmavbild2017-11-23kl_21_23_42.thumb.png.0ae6557b034d8e2aeee65bae3195f5f3.png

6 hours ago, gholliday87 said:

I'm a big fan of Weigl, but at €60 increasing to €96, I think he got done a bit there!

Yes, might have but I tied €30 in clauses for International appearances & league goals so not to worried :)
My aim is build the midfield (and team) long term around the midfield trio Weigl, Goretzka & Milinkovic-Savic. 

5a1729f8ada06_Skarmavbild2017-11-23kl_21_21_30.png.61d8e8e878e85db4d203f6cb0af497e5.png

17 hours ago, ekstromlars said:

First test ended in a 1-2 defeat at Old Trafford. Not as compact in defense as I would have like and not as lethal going forward either. Back to the drawing board.
4-1-4-1 might not be such a bad idea. Might lean towards that!

5a172a63893b8_Skarmavbild2017-11-23kl_21_23_42.thumb.png.0ae6557b034d8e2aeee65bae3195f5f3.png

Yes, might have but I tied €30 in clauses for International appearances & league goals so not to worried :)
My aim is build the midfield (and team) long term around the midfield trio Weigl, Goretzka & Milinkovic-Savic. 

5a1729f8ada06_Skarmavbild2017-11-23kl_21_21_30.png.61d8e8e878e85db4d203f6cb0af497e5.png

3f360cda15d5d7bb4b55e855a366b830.png

I had to keep control in midfield and had to give Ozil the space between the defenders and midfielders of Chelsea. Laca and Welbz had to keep the defence busy. Worked out well.

I've been really struggling so far but might have made a breakthrough with the following. 

Details are below. I do feel like I can improve the possession and passing side of things, either with retain possession or pass into space and a parallel tweak to tempo - anyone had any experience with either of those per chance?

20171125000825_1.thumb.jpg.b3566e073c005d1c6ce2baad9cf51eeb.jpg20171125000833_1.thumb.jpg.edca47b1236ec91d33062f62e49241aa.jpg

Just to add: I can swap the ML+AMR to a MR+AML depending on personnel available and when Zivkovic comes back from injury I can move Berardi to a more natural AML.

Hi All,

Apologies for the lack of posting....into my marking season. 

Played a lot the last couple nights and have just finished my first season.

Summary: 

Premier League: 1st - 91 points (28W 7D 3L)

EUROPA: Quarter Finals (First Leg 0-2, Second Leg 2-0, Pens 3-4)

FA Cup: 5th Round Liverpool 0-1

Carabao Cup: 3rd Round Man City 0-1

Disappointed with overall results but extremely happy with league finish. Tactic worked brilliantly and rarely got outplayed in a match.

Best Performers: Lacazette (25 Goals 5 Assists) Savic (9 Goals 9 Assists) Mustafi (4 Goals 16 Goals Against in 38 Games)

Transfers (Season 1): 

Sold:

Sanchez 60 mil

Coq 25 mil

Giroud 16 mil

Debauchy 6 mil

Ospina 5 mil

Bought:

Savic 36 mil

Pulisic 36 mil

Correa 19 mil

Dolberg 17 mil

Sarr 12 mil

Stuaro 6.5 mil

(Season 2)

Sold:

Stuaro 18.5 mil

Welbeck 18 mil

Monreal 13 mil

Lucas 8 mil

Jenkinson 7 mil

Bought:

Donnarumma 67 mil (release clause)

Draxler 30.5 mil

Looking for a rb (homegrown) but struggling.

Loving this Arsenal save! will update everyone on Season 2! Only 2 Friendlies in (Beat Dortmund 3-0, Beat Hertha 2-0)

Happy Managing!

10 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

I've been really struggling so far but might have made a breakthrough with the following. 

Details are below. I do feel like I can improve the possession and passing side of things, either with retain possession or pass into space and a parallel tweak to tempo - anyone had any experience with either of those per chance?

20171125000825_1.thumb.jpg.b3566e073c005d1c6ce2baad9cf51eeb.jpg20171125000833_1.thumb.jpg.edca47b1236ec91d33062f62e49241aa.jpg

Just to add: I can swap the ML+AMR to a MR+AML depending on personnel available and when Zivkovic comes back from injury I can move Berardi to a more natural AML.

For me it workes much better with IF/IW at one side and a winger on the other side. And Laca has more goals+assists than games over five seasons for me as CF(a). You might get too exposed at the back with both wingbacks on attack? And Savic is a beast as BBM. He scored for fun for me from CM in the beta. That will also give you slightly more support in defense.

Its a bit wierd, but after looking on the tactics shared in the download section, IWB seems to be very overpowered in the game atm. If you play a left footed on the left and vice versa they will still provide widt, but they tend to keep possession much better. But anyways, its strong of you to win the league first season!

3 hours ago, Reece3 said:

Hi All,

Apologies for the lack of posting....into my marking season. 

Played a lot the last couple nights and have just finished my first season.

Summary: 

Premier League: 1st - 91 points (28W 7D 3L)

EUROPA: Quarter Finals (First Leg 0-2, Second Leg 2-0, Pens 3-4)

FA Cup: 5th Round Liverpool 0-1

Carabao Cup: 3rd Round Man City 0-1

Disappointed with overall results but extremely happy with league finish. Tactic worked brilliantly and rarely got outplayed in a match.

Best Performers: Lacazette (25 Goals 5 Assists) Savic (9 Goals 9 Assists) Mustafi (4 Goals 16 Goals Against in 38 Games)

Transfers (Season 1): 

Sold:

Sanchez 60 mil

Coq 25 mil

Giroud 16 mil

Debauchy 6 mil

Ospina 5 mil

Bought:

Savic 36 mil

Pulisic 36 mil

Correa 19 mil

Dolberg 17 mil

Sarr 12 mil

Stuaro 6.5 mil

(Season 2)

Sold:

Stuaro 18.5 mil

Welbeck 18 mil

Monreal 13 mil

Lucas 8 mil

Jenkinson 7 mil

Bought:

Donnarumma 67 mil (release clause)

Draxler 30.5 mil

Looking for a rb (homegrown) but struggling.

Loving this Arsenal save! will update everyone on Season 2! Only 2 Friendlies in (Beat Dortmund 3-0, Beat Hertha 2-0)

Happy Managing!

What's your system looking like mate? Great league finish that.

Sorry if you've already put it somewhere else...

56 minutes ago, Woho said:

For me it workes much better with IF/IW at one side and a winger on the other side. And Laca has more goals+assists than games over five seasons for me as CF(a). You might get too exposed at the back with both wingbacks on attack? And Savic is a beast as BBM. He scored for fun for me from CM in the beta. That will also give you slightly more support in defense.

Its a bit wierd, but after looking on the tactics shared in the download section, IWB seems to be very overpowered in the game atm. If you play a left footed on the left and vice versa they will still provide widt, but they tend to keep possession much better. But anyways, its strong of you to win the league first season!

Hi

Thanks for the feedback. I must admit I stuck him on RPM as a throwback to FM17 when I had Sanches in a great save which I really enjoyed. BBM is a great shout though, so I will try that. I've got Ramsey and potentially Wilshereto cover that too.

Just to check, are you saying Inverted WingBacks are a bit overpowered? Can you have them as part of a flat back 4?

Cheers

1 hour ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Just to check, are you saying Inverted WingBacks are a bit overpowered? Can you have them as part of a flat back 4?

Cheers

Yes, I play 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 with Kolasinac/Monreal-Koscielny-Mustafi-Bellerin/Chambers in a IWB(s)-CD(d)-BPD(d)-IWB(s) system which works very well for me.

1 hour ago, Woho said:

Yes, I play 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 with Kolasinac/Monreal-Koscielny-Mustafi-Bellerin/Chambers in a IWB(s)-CD(d)-BPD(d)-IWB(s) system which works very well for me.

Hi, that's interesting.

My thinking was to have the IF/IW cutting infield to try and overload the middle and also leave space for bombing on full backs. Otherwise I figure they would get in each other's way. 

But good to know, thank you.

First time that I get a reaction from the lads. Interesting in the fact of it would be doing something with the squad while playing the match against Spurs. Hope to see some good reactions on the field. 

bfb4a9ca65b1b02c94d4288cc4062018.png

Ignore the player positions. Özil will be playing the 10 position, Elneny as Carrilero, Xhaka at '6', Laca on top with Welbz and Bellerín on the right flank. Kos will miss the match due injury.

The curious case of Ozil how to get the best out of him I've currently employed the 3 at the back arsenal play and I have Alexis and Ozil playing as a 2 behind the striker he's currently on advanced playmaker (s) but he always finishes the game with 6.3/6.4, has anyone managed to get him playing consistently well with the 3 at the back ?

Archived