Knap FM 18 Beta tactics

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

Knap, how are the new iwb`s on attack duty performing comparing to the wb support form fm 17? Are you getting problems defensively because of this ?

I'm currently using it as is with Sheff Wed. First season in the Prem all I'd say is make sure you can (if you don't already have) get WB's with good work rate, pace and anticipation and I feel they do a good job of recovering defensively.

14 hours ago, knap said:

IWB's on attack with Arsenal appear fine, not tried WB S.

Good to know !
So Brighton are the league champions and league cup winners! Won the league with 2 games to go.
Its been a fun season. I kind of got the feeling that this tactic worked even better after todays "patch".
This was played with Goodbye 3430 wb support, like on fm 17, and without the " work ball into box" set, until the last 5 or 6 games.
The last 2 games were played with instant result, and that 2-6 victory away in the last game was kind of what i felt missing from last years edition,  it was not so scoring as last year. As that victory came with instant result maybe it wil work better! So i think if have to do another underdog season, maybe in germany or spain tomorrow, with instant result, to see if its still as good as last year.

5a05176c38657_2017-11-10(1).thumb.png.1eb1878db79361e1f5491d50eb2ecba1.png5a05176dac279_2017-11-10(2).thumb.png.1d1b8f6665f8d3674f62f1508ad6677d.png5a05176ee94c9_2017-11-10(3).thumb.png.27a827c002316c99e4f90840df7bd70d.png

5a05d19ff3eb8_2017-11-10(5).thumb.png.eb9ea1ffeeb1c7e225240f7a8d9566ac.png

1 hour ago, OllyAI said:

I'm currently using it as is with Sheff Wed. First season in the Prem all I'd say is make sure you can (if you don't already have) get WB's with good work rate, pace and anticipation and I feel they do a good job of recovering defensively.

Cheers, will try it out!

If GOODBYE 343 is still working well then I would try GOODBYE 343 as it uses same defence but more aggressive attack.

GOODBYE 3430 may be good as an away tactic difficult games.

I do have a Man City 451 waiting in wings but try BLUE MATTER.

7 hours ago, Rober82 said:

Good to know !
So Brighton are the league champions and league cup winners! Won the league with 2 games to go.
Its been a fun season. I kind of got the feeling that this tactic worked even better after todays "patch".
This was played with Goodbye 3430 wb support, like on fm 17, and without the " work ball into box" set, until the last 5 or 6 games.
The last 2 games were played with instant result, and that 2-6 victory away in the last game was kind of what i felt missing from last years edition,  it was not so scoring as last year. As that victory came with instant result maybe it wil work better! So i think if have to do another underdog season, maybe in germany or spain tomorrow, with instant result, to see if its still as good as last year.

fantastic. can show me the best line up ?

Tried the 4-3-3 with Liverpool but doesnt work.

Any other recommendation for a good tactic?

It’s more of a 4-2-3-1 if it’s the one I am thinking off and I have made some small tweaks but it works for me, 39 games unbeaten and in second season 14 games in and only conceded 4 goals.

This is with Liverpool

4 hours ago, edwardhck73 said:

fantastic. can show me the best line up ?

The best line up you can see on the right of the first schedule screnshot. You should sign a central defender or two though, as Hunemeier is terrible and Goodson not yet good enough, also you need cover for injuries. I got Tonelli from Napoli and marcelo form Rio Ave for about 4m each over48 months, or whatever its called now. I sold Hamed, Hunemeier and Skalak to fund this. Hamed doesnt fit as a Shadow Striker anyway.

I can see that Fm doesnt put the players in the right place, so here is the right line up:

Ryan- Tonelli Duffy Dunk- Schelotto Suttner - Prøpper Kayan - Izquirdo Gross Knockaert.
Bench: Krul,  Marcelo, Stephens, March, Murphy, Murray, Mateju.

Im off to do the same with Bremen, which have the most terrible defece I`ve ever seen, so that will be a challenge.

2017-11-10 (2).png

Archived