Knap FM 18 Beta tactics

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am using FMT atm but usually use AM for all training. This is from last year with regard to training

PRE-SEASON

general training -TEAM COHESION HIGH 

scheduling 50% (no rest before-no rest after match)

match preparation = MATCH TACTICS

before the 1st game of the season 

general training -BALANCE AVERAGE

(no rest before -REST after match)

keep 50% match preparation MATCH TACTICS until 100% fluid,

after that the training should be like this

general training BALANCE AVERAGE

(no rest before- REST after match)

10 or 20 % ( i prefer 10%) match preparation (whatever you like, it depends from the opponent - except match tactics and teamwork , its pointless to use these because when you have 100% fluid your players have good understanding)

this till the end of the season , of course if you buy some players in January you drop the familiarity and you must again adjust the scheduling to 50% and match tactics

5 hours ago, Ernest166 said:

I am playing with Liverpool. Which one is the best plug-and-play for me?

blue matter . I recorded 23 consecutive wins.  i abandon coutinho, lallan, ox. signed  a top striker , play alongside with salah and mane 

ings, and solanke are good subs

need enough midfielders with good marking and tackling.

Well, decided to give the underdog a test with Brighton. Its january, and results have been good, but maybe not so great as on FM17..
Or maybe im remembering wrong? :)
Sitting top the PL for Christmas, but the others teams arent having great season atm.
Crossing from the wings seem to result in goals against, as my centrebacks cant mark (or clear the ball) for ****.
Brighton dont have the best wingbacks in the world, so that might be a reason. They are not getting as many goals or assists as on FM17 either.
Beating Liverpool 5-1 was off course a highlight, while i had a bad spell in late november losing 3 in a row.

5a03bfe6b4f4b_2017-11-09(5).thumb.png.3f96e8f7cffe706a8b714f7115e88304.png5a03c1051b5c8_2017-11-09(6).thumb.png.b536c34564d93c4e8dd9cff2cd36d850.png

40 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

Well, decided to give the underdog a test with Brighton. Its january, and results have been good, but maybe not so great as on FM17..
Or maybe im remembering wrong? :)
Sitting top the PL for Christmas

whic tactic ? i like to try Brighton too

3 hours ago, edwardhck73 said:

blue matter . I recorded 23 consecutive wins.  i abandon coutinho, lallan, ox. signed  a top striker , play alongside with salah and mane 

for better results should i prefer FB(s) or WB(a) with blue matter? @knap

5 hours ago, edwardhck73 said:

Great, thanks for the answer mate.

Tweak of 343.

FB/WBs are a key adjusting position. If you watch AI formation they will often attack down one side with an attacking IF/W or RMD. There is a risk reward element to going attacking or defensive with your FB/WBs. If they go all out attack will  have 4 AI fwds staying up all the time. Depending on state of game and how risk adverse you are as a Manger will depend on whether you want to implement defensive options.

20 minutes ago, knap said:

Tweak of 343.

FB/WBs are a key adjusting position. If you watch AI formation they will often attack down one side with an attacking IF/W or RMD. There is a risk reward element to going attacking or defensive with your FB/WBs. If they go all out attack will  have 4 AI fwds staying up all the time. Depending on state of game and how risk adverse you are as a Manger will depend on whether you want to implement defensive options.

So you've only tweaked the Wingbacks?

Brighton results are interesting as I assume GOODBYE 3430.

The ME has changed in subtle ways from FM17, as I could not make a GOODBYE 343 to work as well as in FM 18, but the 3430 is also still working.  It would be interesting to run the Brighton half season again with the real ME

I play Spurs on the basis of winning PL 1st season with just original squad.

I therefore used the 4321 tactic. GOODBYE 343 is awkward for the Spurs squad but if Kane is retrained as SS then GOODBYE 3430 works well. The other tactic for Spurs is GOODBYE 3421 which again I set up specifically for Spurs as a formation they use

The tactics are set up in a very specific manner and any changes mean you go into untested territory. As such, I only recommend using SUS tactics, BLUE MATTER/goodbye 343 as an attack tactic, perhaps if needing a goal going defensive and pushing up D/Line.

Playing as Liverpool and using Barcelona 343 and so far second season I am on a 38 game unbeaten run and some of that goes back to season 1 when I won everything but used a couple of different tactics, but have settled on 343 and we play lovely football and I can accommodate some youngsters and wide men as I used shadow strikers for some of the first season but wasn't happy with the football we played despite winning and I could not get some of the younger boys into the team.

11 hours ago, edwardhck73 said:

Goodbye 3430, Im sure Knap has a link for it in the first post of this thread. Its FM 17 WB Version.

Knap,I will probably have a go again with a relegation candidate in the PL, as well as Fc United, and Rosenborg when the instant result skin is up and running. I find the results encouraging as well so far, but need instant result to be sure.

I cant seem to figure out which players work best in the Shadow Strikers positions atm. I would think pace and acc are imp as it is a counter, but the best performers so far i Juan Mata at United.. So i guess not :p

All in OP and Spurs can also use the 4231. I also use a 4231 narrow with Spurs but that is not firing on all cylinders atm

FMT has instant result.

Eriksen is also a great SS and Kane becomes exceptional, but I like the balance Spurs can have with Lamela. 

I wish they would change the mentality to low to high risk.

4 minutes ago, knap said:

All in OP and Spurs can also use the 4231. I also use a 4231 narrow with Spurs but that is not firing on all cylinders atm

FMT has instant result.

Eriksen is also a great SS and Kane becomes exceptional, but I like the balance Spurs can have with Lamela. 

I wish they would change the mentality to low to high risk.

rashidi had a mod for fm17 that changed that to very high risk, high risk and so on, to make it easier for people to understand

I would be easier to understand but mods can cause problems with updates, so I try not to use them.

I spent a few years getting a team up from level 10 only for game to crash on promotion to VS.

1 hour ago, FuSS said:

Good to see you've already mate a start this year Knap'ster! Looks like you'll be the competition this year buddy ;)

Did you also hear the rumours that I was dead or something btw?!?!

Good to see you back FuSS. My 2 favourite tactic makers in one thread :thup:

Really enjoyed the disraeli gears tactics in fm 17. Great to have a range of formations in one place with similar philosophies under the hood. Really allowed you to use all of your squad and keep the opponents guessing. Great to see a repeat of those at some point. 

Also interesting to see one of your beta 4231 formations has one team instruction - very unknap  like!

2 hours ago, knap said:

Yes very disturbing.

Saw you were posting again which was really good to see.

Franky had good tactics last year and Zyndars are always quality. 

Yeah, Cleon told me, just found the thread, amazing how these things run away with people :p 

Anyway, sorry, no thread-hijack intended, I'm looking forward to giving some of your tactics a go - are any a 4-1-2-2-1?

Archived