Dribbling, First Touch, Flair and Tecnique in 3D

Why when I have a player with a high technical rate, it is not visible in the 3d game?
I'd like to see in 3d game, the difference between a technical player and another less technical.
But this thing the match engine still does not allow, or am I wrong?

• 1 year later...

The ME and the 3D/2D representation in game are different things, its a layer of animations attempting to represent what the ME has determined is happening in the game. So it's entirely possible.

The repertoire is being improved year upon year, but you could presumably always chuck in a feature request for a niche you feel is underrepresented. 

This guy is technically good, so i was expecting him to show some skill in a game, he has produced some wonderful touches to take control of the ball and this is just one of them. 

1 hour ago, Rashidi said:

This guy is technically good, so i was expecting him to show some skill in a game, he has produced some wonderful touches to take control of the ball and this is just one of them. 

Faknews. I thought strikers would never score one on ones.

There are instances of poor players having a very "heavy" first touch, or failing to get a clean strike. Not to mention awful keepers just "falling down" instead of diving for a save.

However there is a bit of sameness in most games, be it a CL final or a random fixture in a lower division in a third-tier nation. Mistakes tend to look too outlandish for top-level football (or too common), which makes them look cheap even at a level where you'd expect to see exactly that kind of atrocity.
Basically, if Messi or Lewandowski can shoot at the corner flag in a one-on-one, you don't "appreciate" it happening in the Welsh second division.

Still, a more refined 3D rendition would require huge resources, which IMO shouldn't be FM's top priority... I'd be quite happy with playing styles being implemented a bit better and in a more straightfoward and comprehensible way.

10 minutes ago, RBKalle said:

However there is a bit of sameness in most games, be it a CL final or a random fixture in a lower division in a third-tier nation. Mistakes tend to look too outlandish for top-level football (or too common), which makes them look cheap even at a level where you'd expect to see exactly that kind of atrocity.
Basically, if Messi or Lewandowski can shoot at the corner flag in a one-on-one, you don't "appreciate" it happening in the Welsh second division.

It's probably a "side-effect" of the game consisting of Maths, that is virtual dice rolls under the Hood. Higher Attributes ensure the heavy touch may not appear as oftenly-- but it will, and vice versa. And on the Occasion, that dice roll will grant you a streak of bad rolls, and our Brains are REALLY bad with appreciating / recognizing randomness, but that's another  fascinating Topic for another thread. :D 

3 hours ago, mikelfc8 said:

Do people see things like step-overs, cutting across the ball with the outside of the foot, the occasional rabona etc.?

Don't think I've ever seen a step-over, but the others, yes. Regularly see passes and shots curved with the outside and inside of the foot. I'd guess at 5-10 rabona tricks per season. Similarly, I've seen some nice close-contact play, like moving the ball quickly from foot-to-foot before laying it off or racing away from the defender.

It would be nice to see more and different things. I've never seen a player do the spin-turn to shield the ball then dribble past the defender, for example.

19 ore fa, warlock ha scritto:

It would be nice to see more and different things. I've never seen a player do the spin-turn to shield the ball then dribble past the defender, for example. 

yes.. exactly... The ME is still too primitive. All players look the same..

Well, it's not a Marseille turn, but still some fancy move. This is the 5th Ukrainian division, so you can imagine skill level of the player. I don't know why he decided to perform this move, but it should have been even more spectacular if he was closed down by an opponent.

On 23/06/2019 at 11:17, mikelfc8 said:

It's hard for me to judge because my graphics capability is lower than a zoetrope. Do people see things like step-overs, cutting across the ball with the outside of the foot, the occasional rabona etc.?

Rabonas are in there and players certainly bend the ball. And I've seen a really classy take down, spin and shoot goal which I doubt any of my other German third tier strikers could have pulled off.

But we need to see a lot more stepovers and feinting with dribblers (and a PPM for it so certain players do it all the time)

37 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Rabonas are in there and players certainly bend the ball. And I've seen a really classy take down, spin and shoot goal which I doubt any of my other German third tier strikers could have pulled off.

But we need to see a lot more stepovers and feinting with dribblers (and a PPM for it so certain players do it all the time)

Very true.

Archived