How to Make FM18 Run Faster?

Hi all - any tips or config specs to make my FM18 run faster?  

It seems it takes 1 second for the next screen, after I click to run/confirm - either during matches or general inbox.

No, my laptop is not slow: Intel i7 2.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 64-bit

Great game. Thanks!

:hammer:

12 hours ago, FrazT said:

This is an issue that has been reported in some circumstances and is under review.

The half time team talks (dressing room) are SO Laggy and Slow,

Why does the game switch the match to 3D during half time, in order to show the stadium, i watch 2D to avoid 3D. (i love them both)

The game should intrdouce a 2D view whilst it is half time, and when the match actually starts, why should we automatically be forced to view a stadium in 3D.

5 hours ago, saintrainhard said:

Is it normal for CPU Core temperature to go at 97 degree celcius at max while playing FM ? I am really afraid this game burn my laptop

you should take ur laptop for a cleaning on a IT lab or something, to change the cpu thermal paste and any dust inside.
That's extremely important, even more on a laptop.

And btw, don't forget, don't ever use ur laptop... on your lap :lol: :brock: always on top of a table or something

On 03/11/2017 at 02:17, phd_angel said:

Hi all - any tips or config specs to make my FM18 run faster?  

It seems it takes 1 second for the next screen, after I click to run/confirm - either during matches or general inbox.

No, my laptop is not slow: Intel i7 2.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 64-bit

Great game. Thanks!

:hammer:

What model is the i7 processor?

6 hours ago, saintrainhard said:

Is it normal for CPU Core temperature to go at 97 degree celcius at max while playing FM ? I am really afraid this game burn my laptop

What processor? 

Clean the vents in your laptop.

25 minutes ago, zeus77 said:

you should take ur laptop for a cleaning on a IT lab or something, to change the cpu thermal paste and any dust inside.

And btw, don't forget, don't ever use ur laptop... on your lap :lol: :brock: always on top of a table or something

Don't need to take it anywhere.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=clean+air+vents+laptop&oq=clean+air+vents+la&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.10009j0j7&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Although if you're not comfy doing this then yes take it to an expert

2 hours ago, zeus77 said:

I will take this as my important to do list

2 hours ago, Smurf said:

What model is the i7 processor?

What processor? 

Clean the vents in your laptop.

Don't need to take it anywhere.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=clean+air+vents+laptop&oq=clean+air+vents+la&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.10009j0j7&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Although if you're not comfy doing this then yes take it to an expert

My laptop type are  ASUS A43T series with AMD A6-3400 M as processor and Radeon 6520G as GPU

Today I use vacuum cooler (only 6 USD) and max only 83 celcius with average on 70ish core and GPU temp while playing FM

Tomorrow I will take my laptop to be cleaned and hope that will boost the laptop performance

2 hours ago, saintrainhard said:

I will take this as my important to do list

My laptop type are  ASUS A43T series with AMD A6-3400 M as processor and Radeon 6520G as GPU

Today I use vacuum cooler (only 6 USD) and max only 83 celcius with average on 70ish core and GPU temp while playing FM

Tomorrow I will take my laptop to be cleaned and hope that will boost the laptop performance

Yeh you're processor is below minimum spec for FM. 

It's base speed is 1.4ghz and FM requires a minimum of 2.2ghz.

Your processor can go up to 2.3ghz - that's why it's running hot. 

You may as well ask the IT expert if the processor can be upgraded. Not sure if it can.

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 13:59, Sheriff7 said:

SSD disc saved me..:D

I have SSD's in raid-0 working together. I still have a sluggish game, so that's not it.
There are speed issues with the game. FM17 run lightning fast on my rig, while FM18 crawls along.
But it will get a lot better when they get the code optimized. Hopefully by Friday.

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 06:00, saintrainhard said:

No, that's borderline burning it. Most Intel's have a heat threshold around 75 degrees C. Over that and the CPU will not work properly and you run the risk of burning it. Weird it doesn't shut down or atleast speedstep down. There are failsafes in the chip supposed to prevent it ever getting that hot.

1 hour ago, Butters76 said:

No, that's borderline burning it. Most Intel's have a heat threshold around 75 degrees C. Over that and the CPU will not work properly and you run the risk of burning it. Weird it doesn't shut down or atleast speedstep down. There are failsafes in the chip supposed to prevent it ever getting that hot.

Except the processor is an AMD :D

Yeh processors have a fail safe, if they get too hot it will shut down the system. 

21 hours ago, Smurf said:

Yeh you're processor is below minimum spec for FM. 

It's base speed is 1.4ghz and FM requires a minimum of 2.2ghz.

Your processor can go up to 2.3ghz - that's why it's running hot. 

You may as well ask the IT expert if the processor can be upgraded. Not sure if it can.

My laptop which worked fine on FM 17 is prp intel (r) core  (G) i7 - 4510U

CPU@ 2.00 GHZ 

RAM 8gb 64 BIT

Do you think FM 18 be ok..i only ever have about 8 leagues running

No - as per your quote of my quote - FM requires 2.2ghz of a processor - your processor is 2.00ghz.

It might be ok - but only you can decide if you're happy with the speed of it. If not - you may have to reduce to 6 leagues, or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,  was hoping for help in making the game faster. Judging by this and other forums the processor is sufficiently fast. A friend has suggested it could be the graphics card. I run the game in 2d graphics so im not sure what the problem could be. playing with english, spanish and italian leagues activated to league one, serie b and segunda. Would greatly appreciate any ideas/advice

Capture.PNG

On 11/21/2017 at 09:56, paddymone1983 said:

Hi guys,  was hoping for help in making the game faster. Judging by this and other forums the processor is sufficiently fast. A friend has suggested it could be the graphics card. I run the game in 2d graphics so im not sure what the problem could be. playing with english, spanish and italian leagues activated to league one, serie b and segunda. Would greatly appreciate any ideas/advice

Capture.PNG

Your processor looks a bit sluggish. RAM isn't that much either, so it would depend on your graphic card, which you didn't name.

11 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Your processor looks a bit sluggish. RAM isn't that much either, so it would depend on your graphic card, which you didn't name.

The cpu may be an older generation but it’s more than enough for a decent FM experience as is 8GB of RAM, the low WE score suggests there is no dedicated graphics card & with an end to software rendering that is where I’d be liking to upgrade if they want to continue to use the 2D match view.

Archived