how do you deal with losing some of your save?

Its very rare for me to lose games/a save.

The times I have its only been a couple of matches at most.  Sometimes I try to pick the same team and get the same result (W, L, D), other times I simply take a couple of days off and then go back and play them as if the first games didn't happen taking whatever result falls my way.

Really there is no good option so the main aim is not to lose the save.  With that in mind I run auto saves once per game week with 5 rolling saves.  I also set it so manual saves also slot into the rolling ones and manually save after any particularly important results.

1 minute ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

I reload over and over again until I'm satisfied that the results are as close as possible to what they were before. (not only my team, but other results of AI teams as well).

Wow that's impressive. You must mean only the other results in your league right? Now I'm gonna feel guilty if I don't do that :(

1 minute ago, puffascruffowitz said:

Wow that's impressive. You must mean only the other results in your league right? Now I'm gonna feel guilty if I don't do that :(

Yeah (but not the exact result but I like that the same teams win/lose their game).
I might also do it for the international results (those of my country and the ones I can remember)

3 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Its very rare for me to lose games/a save.

The times I have its only been a couple of matches at most.  Sometimes I try to pick the same team and get the same result (W, L, D), other times I simply take a couple of days off and then go back and play them as if the first games didn't happen taking whatever result falls my way.

Really there is no good option so the main aim is not to lose the save.  With that in mind I run auto saves once per game week with 5 rolling saves.  I also set it so manual saves also slot into the rolling ones and manually save after any particularly important results.

Yea this is only 3 matches. I was going full steam on my save last night and luckily had the 1 auto save in a month of in game play. I need to be more careful during the beta I guess. 

Happened before for me - was managing Barcelona and sitting atop with plenty of points. 

Game crashed and lost the great results. I just played to get back where I was, and with 1 last game to go I was neck and neck with Atletico Madrid for the title!!! 

Played that game and won it - but Atletico had beaten me at  home and I only drew at home and therfore they took the title. 

I should have replayed to get all my points back - but hey - live and learn.

I just play them over and live with the results, better or worse.

I remember at one point I had a surprising 4-game win streak over 4 of the best teams in the league, then it all got wiped out by a crash. This was on FMT so I decided I would use instant result and reload until I got the wins back. After losing/drawing the first of the 4 games about 6 times, I abandoned that plan and played them all over... and won all 4 again. So from then on I do that... but I also set auto-save to once a week.

19 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Usually stop playing FM for awhile. If the last save was too far back I may never go back to it even.

Pretty much this. 

Recently lost my cloud saves and realising the last available save was 18 in game months ago I've realised I can't be bothered to start again from there.

badly. The last time it happened was to my Austria Vienna save where I was on the cusp of glory (in my 10 full seasons there, I won 9 leagues, 7 cups, the Europa League and was taking a 0-1 deficit back home after the away leg at Man U in the champs league semi). When I lost the save, I went all the way back to the group stage of the champs league and just couldn't face doing it all again. I went out, drank far too much for a Tuesday night (especially when I had to be up at 6am for work the next day), had a break for a week or so and started a new save. Now I save before every game just to avoid this (not for any nefarious reasons) and if I do lose it, I just replay it and go with the new result.

Happened to me the other day, ended up having to replay 2 games. No biggie. It's the beta after all. Once I get my full career game on, I save weekly. 

I'd love for FM to have an iron man mode where it saves every time something happens like in an RTS game, but that'd involve SI re-doing how saves even work. 

Archived