Jump to content

Glasgow Rangers FM 2018


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Title lost, cannot believe it. The 15pts cost us, 12 to play 14 behind Celtic (just lost at home to them).

Can only hope for a Cup double and the board to stump up the money to clear FFP for us to get back into Europe next time round.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Transfer budgets are irrelevant. Wage thats the key and yes as you can see ive been able to push it to 1m per week but the board have stopped there due to debts.

For example in FM17 with Everton i was paying some players 2.4m per week individually.... totalling a club weekly wage bill of 24m :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any version of FM i have played there have been transfer and wage budgets. Yes these can be adjusted to an extent but if you increase wages then transfer budgets drop. I am sorry you are going to have to explain how you can buy 80 million players and pay their wages in your first season. How is it possible?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Nev10 said:

 

When you use the editor and give urself a massive transfer budget :lol:

Nope, already stated I dont use the editor.

Engage your brain, if i used the editor why would i let myself slip into admin?

Its all done with the in game features as advertised by SI. No editor, no database changes... plain game, any team, any time, you can buy who you want as long as they want to sign and you have the wage budget.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Damian_Rusling said:

Any version of FM i have played there have been transfer and wage budgets. Yes these can be adjusted to an extent but if you increase wages then transfer budgets drop. I am sorry you are going to have to explain how you can buy 80 million players and pay their wages in your first season. How is it possible?

You use the features available to you in game ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

But you can only buy within the confinds of the wage and transfer budget thst your board sets. You are not seriously telling me that you have a 100,000,000 transfer budget in your first season at Ibrox ?

Do you pay the 80 million in yearly increments? Where does the transfer fee come from ?

Sorry for labouring the point. Just curious on how its done.

Edited by Damian_Rusling
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Damian_Rusling said:

But you can only buy within the confinds of the wage and transfer budget thst your board sets. You are not seriously telling me that you have a 100,000,000 transfer budget in your first season at Ibrox ?

As ive said, transfer budgets are irrelevant

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Damian_Rusling said:

So you arrange a transfer on the never never and then go bust....

The plan is not to go bust.... but Scottish football has little money to play with. I did have a successful Livi' save last year but we didnt reach the spending levels that I did with Rangers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Damian_Rusling said:

The key to doing well in Scotland is getting regular  CL qualification, buying cheap and selling big. This will be enough to ensure domestic domination and good CL runs. No need to rip off other teams by going bust and leaving trails of debt behind.

Season 1 - Treble

Season 2 - Treble and Champs League Quarters inc smashing PSG 4-0 in the 16s

Those are memories that the fans will never forget.

Felipe Anderson gracing the turf at Ibrox... or Josh Windass.... I know who sold more shirts ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 40 Minuten schrieb bestbrother:

Nope, already stated I dont use the editor.

Engage your brain, if i used the editor why would i let myself slip into admin?

Its all done with the in game features as advertised by SI. No editor, no database changes... plain game, any team, any time, you can buy who you want as long as they want to sign and you have the wage budget.

Such a flaw in the transfer system should be reported in the bugs forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Such a flaw in the transfer system should be reported in the bugs forum.

Is it a bug though? Ive been punished, surely you should be allowed to do what you want with your finances as long as you accept the consequences?

Its like a car racing game having licences and because of them, crashes do not inflict visual damage to the car model. You dont have to be wreckless in FM, I choose to be and I should be allowed to choose to do so.... the punishment system is there in game, its crippled me... 15pts deducted, forced to sell 144m worth of players, banned from Europe for at least 1 year (a 2nd is likely)...

A bug would be letting me spend and having no payback for doing so. This isnt a bug to me, maybe the extremities are, but then the transfer system in FM is flawed on the whole anyway... overpaying for players, the AI offering peanuts... decent players not getting bid on etc etc

When im bored with this years FM, ill chuck SI the save to ruin the game. At that point im done with it anyway. But as of now... spending 1.5 BILLION in the first month with Man City is pretty fun ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nev10 said:

explain how you done it step by step if ur saying its a flaw

It will ruin the game for you, its easy enough to find out and I cant believe others dont do the same (maybe not to the extremes that i do).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nev10 said:

i wouldnt do it.... just curious

Yeah fair enough. I dont share it for selfish reasons... basically I dont want it 'fixed'if thats how people view it. I like that fact that the option is there to play the game like this, I hate being forced into a box, when in reality plenty of teams go for broke... FM without this, dosent allow for that, it tells you how to play and thats it.

I dont always play FM in this way, sometimes a save is more interesting if you go off the normal track. Look at it like this, I know how to manipulate the transfer market.... I dont 'cheat or trick' the match engine (infact I use a default SI tactic with no tweaks)... some people use guides to find the best players, look at their CA/PA etc... download shortlists ready made with all the wonderkids... downlaod tactics and make tactics exploiting full backs or whatever is wrong with the game each year. I dont do those, SI dont fix them (well they try to fix the match engine)... I just play the transfer market and live with any consequence, which I am doing so with Rangers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rangers are back!

Did the Cup double, would have won the league without the admin hit, scored 124 goals but just failed to come up with the goods with a small squad.

Still back in the Champions League and im hoping with a bit of wiggle room, I can rebuild the mighty Gers once more ;)

New Sponsors save the Gers

ffp.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no way Felipe Anderson, Ruben Neves and Jese etc would be interested in coming to Rangers in the first season without using the editor.

If you want to use the editor, fair enough. But I don't believe you managed to play the market so your able to pay £80m in the first season on 1 player. I'm a diehard Rangers supporter and as much as Id love us to buy brilliant players, you have a transfer and wage budget which you have to stick quite closely to, so buying these players isn't possible.

Unless theres a bug in your save or you've used the editor, let us in on your secret. It wont ruin it for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to the end of the 2028/29 season and was finally able to win the CL for the first time, breaking the streak of French winners (the competition has changed hands between PSG and Lyon for the past five or six years):

2017-12-28.thumb.png.b4e7f99e2e5f6fd06910971e0ecf73a2.png

Now towards the end of the 29/30 season and my team has become ridiculous, managed to wrap up the title before the split:

2017-12-29.thumb.png.d5a7f13c4d9515d84ab79e3c18ac3458.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would imagine that it involves

Spoiler

using the monthly installment option of transfer fees. From what I can see on this year's, fees aren't deducted from your current transfer budget at all if they are all done in installments. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

At a quick glance, you don't have any protection in front of your centre backs. You also have 2 defenders on Attack.

It shows, as your scoring a lot but also conceding a lot (2 or more in a game a good few times).

Maybe having 1 of the centre mids as a CM (D) and change the full backs to support? also, watch the match to figure out how your conceding goals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

End of 1st Season, I won the league by 7 points but done nothing in any of the cups. The board expect a challenge on all fronts this season though.

Punted Pena, Alves, O'Halloran, Tav, Windass, Dodoo and a few others and brought in Cadden, Nestor Calderon, Todd Kane, Alfie Jones, Jai Quitongo, Cameron Brannagan, Frederico Venancio and Carl Jenkinson (On Loan).

Trying to build a young team but it'll take a few seasons. Got BATE in the 2nd qualifying round for the Champs league, just trying to get in it so I can build up my cash to invest in youth. But with the exception of Lewis Morgan and Celtics players I've got all the best young players in Scotland and also got a 4 star midfielder in my youth intake, ive sent him out on loan to Falkirk so i'll see how he does.

Any suggestions for young-ish Scottish players? I've got McGinn, Cadden, Walker, Quitongo and Shinnie. I'm unsure whether to get Mckay back, hes on the transfer list at Forest. I might get him and punt Walker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wightman said:

At a quick glance, you don't have any protection in front of your centre backs. You also have 2 defenders on Attack.

It shows, as your scoring a lot but also conceding a lot (2 or more in a game a good few times).

Maybe having 1 of the centre mids as a CM (D) and change the full backs to support? also, watch the match to figure out how your conceding goals.

so what u thinking a 41221?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Wightman said:

End of 1st Season, I won the league by 7 points but done nothing in any of the cups. The board expect a challenge on all fronts this season though.

Punted Pena, Alves, O'Halloran, Tav, Windass, Dodoo and a few others and brought in Cadden, Nestor Calderon, Todd Kane, Alfie Jones, Jai Quitongo, Cameron Brannagan, Frederico Venancio and Carl Jenkinson (On Loan).

Trying to build a young team but it'll take a few seasons. Got BATE in the 2nd qualifying round for the Champs league, just trying to get in it so I can build up my cash to invest in youth. But with the exception of Lewis Morgan and Celtics players I've got all the best young players in Scotland and also got a 4 star midfielder in my youth intake, ive sent him out on loan to Falkirk so i'll see how he does.

Any suggestions for young-ish Scottish players? I've got McGinn, Cadden, Walker, Quitongo and Shinnie. I'm unsure whether to get Mckay back, hes on the transfer list at Forest. I might get him and punt Walker.

nice whats your tactic the?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Martin2007rfc said:

nice whats your tactic the?

I play a 4411, 2 wingers and get early crosses into the main striker. The formation isn't that important to me, I think its the players attributes that make a formation work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DawnT1985 said:

Just started my rangers career JJ is not cutting it as my assistant tried bringing in ray Wilkins but his wage demands are too high and the board won' budge either.....

Anyone else recommend a rangers class assistant? 

Cheers

Wilkins usually joins if you offer alot of clauses and give him a maximum length contract (5 years).

Failing that, Darren Robinson is a well rounded assistant.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I play a 4-3-3 with a BWM in the DM strata.  WB-S and IF-A on the left, IWB-A and W-S on the right with an AF up top, AP and BBM in the middle.  The idea is that the WB overlaps the IF and the IWB underlaps the winger in attack with the AP pushing up behind the stiker for support with the BBM lurking to recycle posession.  the IWB also form sort of a third midfielder when attacking so I have the IF and AF in the box, the AP on the edge of the box and the BBM and IWB lurking outside the box when on attack, with the back four, BWM and BBM defending when on the defence,

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, LethalTexture said:

I play a 4-3-3 with a BWM in the DM strata.  WB-S and IF-A on the left, IWB-A and W-S on the right with an AF up top, AP and BBM in the middle.  The idea is that the WB overlaps the IF and the IWB underlaps the winger in attack with the AP pushing up behind the stiker for support with the BBM lurking to recycle posession.  the IWB also form sort of a third midfielder when attacking so I have the IF and AF in the box, the AP on the edge of the box and the BBM and IWB lurking outside the box when on attack, with the back four, BWM and BBM defending when on the defence,

show a picture of your tactic mate and team instructions

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/01/2018 at 18:23, Rino72. said:

Wilkins usually joins if you offer alot of clauses and give him a maximum length contract (5 years).

Failing that, Darren Robinson is a well rounded assistant.

Cheers mate I'll give that a try 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...