FM18: Hidden Gems

benchester

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 21:43, fidelitywars said:

Gonzalo Carneiro; tall, languid and technical Uruguayan striker:

carneiro.thumb.png.f9d1c82864f0f425e376db67b190d6ca.png

I second this bloke. Signed him after the first season for Cardiff. Only cost me £650k and has 9 goals in the first 8 games! Value gone up to £5 mill and bigger clubs already having a look!

On 25/11/2017 at 19:05, eaglesm1 said:

Alright guys,

Starting out as Crystal Palace, got around 8-9m to spend.

Really need a goalkeeper and a striker. Players that can come in straight away and handle the Premiership and perform well.

...oh and any other MUST HAVE players to snap up in other positions.

Any suggestions? Cheers!

Matt O'Riley from Fulham. I'm in season five now and he's one of the best midfielders in the Premier League. Buy him early and build him up with a couple of loans.

Xadas from Braga is a tremendous winger/inside forward/number 10.

I'm on a Paris FC save and their squad is ab absolute shambles. Half the senior squad is 30+ and half of them have 1 year remaining with very little free wage budget. Got past the first season and finished 9th somehow in Ligue 2. I've already released half of the squad and am now without a defense or goalie. The goalie especially is a troublesome spot to fill. Any cheap wonders one season in willing to come to the French second division? Got about a million to splash and still need a right back too. Infact any cheap (by cheap I mean <500k) options with potential or great current ability would be appreciated. Any suggestions guys? I've got no scouting budget either so can't go skinny dipping in the lower leagues.

Ivan has been a solid player with good potential for the past couple of versions. I figured that him moving to a good-sized Russian club would make him harder to land, but 3m is much less than what you could get him from Romania for last year. Hope he develops for you like he did for me in FM17 - was fighting off Atletico Madrid's pursuit of him in the 2nd and 3rd season.

Signed Toney a striker from Newcastle on loan whilst at Southend in League one. Was very impressive and was top scorer and player of the year in league one.

And helped me to the title.

Managed to sign him on a free for the next season whilst a Championship side and he repeated that feat and again, helped Southend to the title and promotion to the Premier League.

Now worth £15m to me in the Premier.

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎17 at 07:02, JocaDoca said:

any thoughts on Ruben Dias (Benfica), Borja San Emeterio (Sevilla)?  Also, are there any interesting russian players (cheap, if possible)?

The bigger clubs in Russia having some money means that a lot of Russian players are a bit inflated in value. Not massively, but somewhat. Karavaev  is one of the best choices. Not cheap - costs me around 4m at the start, but if you wait, clubs in France get interested. Anton Mitryushkin at FC Sion could be a future Russian international, but he certainly wasn't cheap on FM17. Haven't tried yet on FM18.

What kind of level are you at and what kind of quality are you looking for in players?

19 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

The bigger clubs in Russia having some money means that a lot of Russian players are a bit inflated in value. Not massively, but somewhat. Karavaev  is one of the best choices. Not cheap - costs me around 4m at the start, but if you wait, clubs in France get interested. Anton Mitryushkin at FC Sion could be a future Russian international, but he certainly wasn't cheap on FM17. Haven't tried yet on FM18.

What kind of level are you at and what kind of quality are you looking for in players?

Just started playing with Krasnodar and I want to make them a russian powerhouse :D I'm looking for young players with huge potential

Manu Hernando from Real Madrid has potential. They let him go on a free 1 year into the game. Becomes a Ligue 1 centre back almost immediately and has 5 star potential. 

Another prospect that Real Madrid dump is Jaime Sanchez, another centre back with a lot of potential but really weak physicals. Decent signing for 2nd or 3rd division teams with top flight potential.

Pedrinho from COR, Callum Gribbin from Manchester United. You can get them for so low price and they are really good and they are very young.

Also Perr Schuurs and Dario Maresic if you are looking for good and young central backs.

Also if you are looking for Wing Back in tactic with 5 defenders then i can recommend you Petter Strand and Leonardo Da Silva Lopes. Maybe they are not very great, and you can find defintely better players on those positions but they can play both left and right, they are just great as substitutes. There is like a few players which can play both left and right wing back.

There really should be a price limit of the players that are getting posted here, or someone has to start a new topic only for LLM. I see players getting posted that you only can afford if you are managing a BPL side. If you browse trough you will see several people naming players that aren't selling under 2mil - 5 mil, a player isn't a 'hidden gem' if he's on a wonderkid-list for several years as well (Eder Balanta, Mukhtar for example). Those players are well known nowadays. Now some real LLM players, both transfer free.

b1ee099f0c855803ba49cf95503c0649.png

ad78dfd303a8a405683df41b04060879.png

53 minutes ago, Sanel said:

There really should be a price limit of the players that are getting posted here, or someone has to start a new topic only for LLM. I see players getting posted that you only can afford if you are managing a BPL side. If you browse trough you will see several people naming players that aren't selling under 2mil - 5 mil, a player isn't a 'hidden gem' if he's on a wonderkid-list for several years as well (Eder Balanta, Mukhtar for example). Those players are well known nowadays. Now some real LLM players, both transfer free.

Well, to be fair, it does say hidden gems and not LLM players, particularly. Well, Balanta doesn't fall under hidden gems too, but overall...

6 hours ago, Sanel said:

Well i bought Callum Gribbin and Pedrinho for around 600-700k each. Perr Schurrs was more, 1.4M but he is worth it.

I know about Schuurs, Ajax bought him irl. But price isn’t everything eh, if the club that you’re managing has a low reputation players like Schuurs won’t join. Or he is demanding high salary fees or other clubs with a higher reputation are bidding on the player.  

At the start of FM17 (beta?) you had players like Svendsen and Mitchell van Bergen which you could sign for free because they were youngsters and their contract was unprotected. They would always end up at a top tier side, now those players are hidden gems. Not Balanta. If I’m managing an LLM side I first need to play three to seven seasons to have 5 mil. At that time his value is already up to 20+ mil.

11 hours ago, Sanel said:

Could always start a LLM thread yourself?

Archived