dafuge's FM18 challenge

31 minutes ago, G_D_K said:

Maybe a good idea of the attribs...but not so sure about other aspects such as personality, injury proneness, and such (the intangibles and the hidden attribs).  A good idea of technical and physical, certainly.

Its still in the same realm as last year's release...circumventing the system and they applied a bit of a nerf to it last year...we'll see what they come up with this year.

I'm not sure its really circumventing it,  i think a clubs do get a lot of players in on trial at lower levels and not spend loads of time scouting them. It seems more realistic to me.

I spent 178K on scouting last season but have trimmed that down to 51k  in 6 months so far this season.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trialists are definitely the way to go. I also like signing players on non-contracts and if they're not worth it I can just not play them or release them. 

I also take some punts on players who want high wages, but it hasn't paid out for me yet.

EDIT: My scouting costs were only about 50k per year, so not much when I'm losing a few hundred thousand.

Edited by The_Gato_In_Goal

42 minutes ago, TrickyTree91 said:

I spent 178K on scouting last season but have trimmed that down to 51k  in 6 months so far this season.

That is crazy. How was you scouting to get it that high. The video I posted a link to said scouting one player in your nation cost nearly £600. Should never be that much. You might only be sending your scout 10 mins down the road to another non league club. 

Edited by wicksyFM

1 hour ago, wicksyFM said:

That is crazy. How was you scouting to get it that high. The video I posted a link to said scouting one player in your nation cost nearly £600. Should never be that much. You might only be sending your scout 10 mins down the road to another non league club. 

Scouting to get full knowledge of players  and scouting next opposition.

Also i noticed that your scouts will always keep scouting players on your shortlist to keep the info up to date by default, i tend to put players on the shortlist if i scout them so this was adding massive amounts of scouting and money.

Grantham Town FC

Original Manager Profile 

2018/19 - Vanarama National North - 1st Place - | Squad | Season Summary | League Table | League Home Results | League Away Results | FA Cup Results | FA Trophy Results | Squad Dynamics | Injuries | Finances | Transfers | Board Confidence | Profile

Note: FA Cup 2nd Round Draw + TV boosted finances mid-season. Also got a new stadium at the end of the season. 4,000 seats (FML) at the cost of nearly 2 million, with a loan to cover it. Loan repayments are 15k a month and they're are hurting in season 2 :( 

@High Flying Dwarf would you be able to add me to the leaderboard the next time you get a chance to update it? Pretty Please? :)

Edited by Wlv

3 hours ago, wicksyFM said:

That was an average of £600 per player.  I'm sure some more local ones were a lot cheaper.  I think (if I recall correctly) it was also £600 for a week (seems minimum to get any relevant info) --- so £600 for travel and lodging for a week is a bit more realistic (especially if you consider the size of some nations and travel expenses involved).  

@ThebakerAs for clubs bringing in a ton of trialists....I'm sure they bring in quite a few....but I would think (again..could be wrong) the majority of those are local talents with only a very high profile players recently released even being bothered to travel from....say....Manchester area down to south of England to trial with Gosport Borough....yet many in this challenge are trawling the released youth lists from all the major clubs in order to trial in as many as they can and try to sign one or two from that batch :D

4 minutes ago, G_D_K said:

That was an average of £600 per player.  I'm sure some more local ones were a lot cheaper.  I think (if I recall correctly) it was also £600 for a week (seems minimum to get any relevant info) --- so £600 for travel and lodging for a week is a bit more realistic (especially if you consider the size of some nations and travel expenses involved).  

@ThebakerAs for clubs bringing in a ton of trialists....I'm sure they bring in quite a few....but I would think (again..could be wrong) the majority of those are local talents with only a very high profile players recently released even being bothered to travel from....say....Manchester area down to south of England to trial with Gosport Borough....yet many in this challenge are trawling the released youth lists from all the major clubs in order to trial in as many as they can and try to sign one or two from that batch :D

Actually, not quite. I had a bunch of free agents refuse to go on a trial because they don't want to relocate. So this is in the game already!

1 hour ago, G_D_K said:

£600 a week sounds more reasonable. But for one player. It’s madness. I think we should keep an eye on this as it doesn’t seem correct to me. Scouting the opposition shouldn’t cost a grand either. Bare in mind we are already paying the scout a wage. Plus the cost of packages. 

After 1 win in my opening five games - managed 2 wins and 2 draws since switching to 3-4-3. My last two matches were 3-3 and 2-2 draws - if I can develop into hanging on to leads things may start to look up. Given that I have a higher rep then my players I'd hope that my team talks might have a bit more effect but the changing room is still disinterested when I enter. Apparently I have too many leaders within the club?

Of course right after posting this a stinker of a performance.

Apparently the fans are unhappy with the negative effect playing 4-4-2 has had in recent matches I wouldn't mind but I used that in the first 5 games - since switching to 3-4-3 I'm unbeaten in my last five.

Edited by Swindon69

File:Gosport Borough F.C. logo.png

Gosport Borough FC

Season 2 (2019/20)

Table / Position Graph / Squad / Finances / Transfers / Manager / Facilities / Annual Injury Report / Confidence / Competitions / Reputation

Predicted 22nd.  Board (and players expectations -- avoid relegation.  My secret hopes --- mid-table finish or better.  We did better.  Much better.  The woes of the first season (and, for the most part, the Beta) behind us, we took off flying and never really looked back.  I let a few players go, relying on a few signings from last year to continue onto the new season...brought in a few players to fill key positions (DL, MC) during the off-season, and promoted 2 youngsters from Academy class year 1 into the senior squad.  Together (despite any really influential players early on-- and never a team leader) they forged bonds which stood strong throughout the season (despite a bit of a slump in (round about) November --- in conjunction with the full release of FM18).  A couple of late-season injuries would ultimately prevent the ultimate success (but that's getting ahead of myself!).  In the end, our playoff spot was well and truly deserved, and brings hope for us in the coming season.

In attack, we were solid once again, with last year's top goal-scorer Mayes (18) outdoing his tally by scoring 19 this season (and providing 11 assists).  He spent a month out injured, and while he was out, his striker partner took every opportunity to cement his place on the team for another year.  Last year, I had a bit of a crisis with strikers (losing my early top scorer for 10 months), so when my scouts found Marah (last year's 2nd leading scorer) I snapped him up.  The day I signed him, my scouts brought Cameron Ebbut to my attention.  He was much better (on paper) than marah, so I immediately signed him as well.  However, in limited appearances, he only scored 2 goals in that first season.  This off-season (and crossing my fingers) I made the choice to stick with Ebbutt, letting Marah go on his contract expiration.  Ebbutt repaid my choice by scoring THIRTY goals on the season -- (somewhat) obviously a new team record...and almost got into the team overall overall goal record book as well!  A pair of youngsters also contributed to the attack:  1st year graduates Greenwood (ST) contributed 14 goals (and 2 assists) in 32 appearances, while MC Josh Romain, at 16 played very well in 36 appearances (AvR 6.92) with 6 assists and 2 goals of his own.  Of the two, he's most likely to improve on his record in the coming season.  All 4 of these have been retained for another season.

Defensively, we ended up (roughly) 6th in goals conceded, having put to rest, for the most part, the problems with our set-piece defense of the previous season.  Anchored by Ousman Saidy (one of the few that I inherited which has been a solid contributor in both years) and Toby Rennie in the center, as well as DM Sanders, our defense was solid in the middle.  This allowed the newly acquired pair of fullbacks, notably the right side fullback Isaiah Bazeley-Graham, to use their pace to get forward and get some useful crosses into the box.  Bazely Graham was the best fullback for this, racking up 8 assists in his 32 appearances.  Sadly, his partner(s) on the left, notably new signing Rent, didn't fare as well, notching neither goal nor assist from normal play.  He did, however, manage 2 goals from DFKs and contributed 2 assists off of IFKs.  In the end, Rent was (perhaps my first ever) noted as the leagues "worst signing of the season".

A couple of other players of note were my "blind" Cambridge loanee Kaidyn Michael (blind in the sense I had no attribute data on him when I took the chance and bit on a social media rumor that our team was interested in a loan deal).  It turned out to be a smart move, as he returned to Cambridge with 5 goals and 10 assists and a team high 7.29 AvR in 32(1) appearances.  While not featuring in the senior team except for a few late matches, Season's 2 top Grad George Asamoah had an off-field event fire, making him "More ambitious" and really giving him a boost...I look forward to featuring him in the Senior team in my 4-3-1(AM)-2 formation next season!

PROMOTION/PLAYOFFS

A bit of a surprise given the boards (and teams) expectations to avoid relegation...and my own modest hopes of a top-half finish....but we attained the playoffs (and in truth, were really in the hunt out of the gates.  Our only blip in performance was the 8 or so matches immediately after release where we inexplicably tanked for a short period...a couple tweaks to the team and we were back in it.

Two semi-finals were played -- the first up was this year's nemesis Woking --- who had handed us 2 thumpings earlier in the season courtesy of Nottingham Forest Loanee Appaih (who scored 6 goals against us in back-to-back matches).  Obviously a match I dreaded...but their standout loanee was not present on the day (despited having played 38 matches for the team!).  Without their superstar, we easily handled Woking, handing them a 3-1 loss and moving us to semi-final #2.

Match 2 (televised...on twitch.tv/castinar)! was against a rested Chelmsford side (2 teams have a 1st round bye) and forced us to play with just a day's rest.  We were also short 2 starters through late-season injuries (a season that was remarkably clean of injuries as shown in the link at the top---but the timing of these two would really hurt).  On short rest and without my full 1st team squad, we made it a match but in the end succumbed to a 4-2 defeat.  It could have been so much different---top goalscorer Ebbut hit the crossbar inside of 10 minutes before Cambridge Loanee Kaidyn Michael fired us into the lead.  A 2-0 lead would have been huge.  On the other hand, the first of TWO PKs awarded to Chelmsford was saved by our keeper.  A phantom (IMO) 2nd PK was awarded later in the match which put Chelmsford ahead for good, though Ebbutt made his 30th goal of the season in the 72d minute to give us a glimmer of hope.

In a season I was not expected to do much....above all expectations we made the playoffs.  Playoffs or better next year!

Cup Competitions

A step backwards this season, as both of our first-match opponents were against current division top-5 teams.  Hungerford (whom we had beat 1-0 in the league two matches prior, forced a replay after a 1-1 draw at our stadium. The replay featured a very exciting 0-0 draw where the two teams combined for a total of 10 (TEN) shots in 120 minutes of football (the 10th shot came at the final whistle...and the Hungerford striker was much nearer the corner flag than the net!  Two missed penalties in the middle of the rotation sent us out of this very winnable match.

The FAT featured us up against then-5th in the VNS Woking...who had just crushed us 4-1 in the league match immediately prior.  We had no answer for their Nottingham loanee Appaih --- who managed 4 goals against us in a 5-1 thrashing (he also had 2 goals and an assist in the league match just prior).  It felt as if Appaih could have beaten our 11-man team single-handedly...and the fact they featured 4 Loanees (3 from Nottingham if I recall) in their lineup against us really killed any chance we had.

Additional Details

Team of the Season

Best XI Inductees -- some strange selections here, w/ back GK Agboola (with about 6 appearances) selected, while starting keeper left out.  In end, 8 new players inducted!

Historical Best XI

Fans Player of the Season: Loanee MC Kaidyn Michael (32 app, 5 goals, 10 assists, 7.29 AvR) ran away with the award this year with 53% of the votes.  St Matt Mayes (21%) and ST Cameron Ebbut (16%) took 2nd and 3rd, respectively.

Signing of the Season: Aiden Mesias (free)

Young Player of the Season: Matt Mayes

Other awards:

Top Academy Graduate

1. Season 1 Academy Class:  Josh Romain looks almost ready to start in the coming season with just a little improvement over the summer.
  2. Season 2 Academy Class:  George Asamoah is another grad that could feature in the senior team immediately.  More so after his bump in ambition (see his new profile above!)

Team, Individual, and league records

A host of records were set or broken this year: (* denotes ongoing record-bold indicates record broke current season)

Gosport Borough FC -- Team

Highest League Position -- 4th in Vanarama South (2019/20)

Most points in a Season -- 75 (2019/20)

Most wins in a Season -- 22 (2019/20)

Most League Goals in a Season -- 76 (2019/)

Highest Attendance -- 2372 (vs Woking, VNLS Playoff 1st Round, 8 May 2020) (previous record: 1030 (vs Havant &Waterlooville, VNLS, 27 Oct 2018))

Highest Gate Receipts -- £24.55k (vs Woking, VNLS Playoff 1st Round, 8 May 2020) (previous record: £15.67K (vs Chelmsford, FAC4QR, 20 Oct 2018))

Average Attendance -- 791 (2019/20) (previous high: 593 (2018/19 )

Biggest Win -- 5-0 (vs Eastbourne Boro, 22 Apr 2019)

Highest Scoring Game -- 6-4 (vs Concord, VNLS 11 Aug 2018)

Most Games won in a Row -- 4 (13-27 Aug 2019) (previous high: 2 (26-29 Dec 2018))

Most Games Lost in a Row -- 5 (23 Mar - 20 Apr 2019)

Most Games without Losing -- 8 (22 Apr - 27 Aug 2019) (Previous high: 6 (6-29 Dec 2018))

Most Games without Winning -- 7, (9 Mar - 20 Apr 2019)  (Previous high: )

Most games without conceding -- 1 () (Previous high: )

Most games without scoring -- 3 (28 Aug - 8 Sept 2018)

Gosport Borough FC -- Individual

Top Goalscorer -- Cameron Ebbut -- 29 (2019/20) (previous record: Matt Mayes -- 18 (2018/19))

Top League Goalscorer -- Cameron Ebbut -- 27 (2019/20) (previous record: Matt Mayes -- 16 (2018/19))

Most Goals in a match -- Matt Mayes -- 3 (26 Jan 2019 vs Hendon) (Previous record: )

Most Cleansheets -- Nick Jordan -- 10 (2018/19) (previous record: )

Most Assists -- Matt Mayes -- 11 (2019/20) (previous record: Connor May -- 6 (2018/19))

Highest AvR -- Kaidyn Michael -- 7.26 -- 36 app (2019/20) (Previous Record: Matt Mayes -- 6.95 (37 app) (2018/19))

Most Player of Match awards -- Cameron Ebbutt -- 6 (2019/20) (previous record: Matt Mayes -- 5 (2018/19))

Most League goals for club -- Matt Mayes* -- 35 (previous record -- Matt Mayes (16))

Most League Appearances for club -- Ousman Saidy (DC) -- 111* (previous record: Nick Jordan (GK) (88))

Youngest player -- Danny Mahon (WBR), 15y255d (previous record: )

Oldest player -- Jamie Brown (DM/MC), 37y244d (previous record: )

Youngest Goalscorer -- Josh Romain (ST), 15y317d (previous record: )

Oldest Goalscorer -- Sam Rents (DL), 32y168d (previous record: Alek Przespolewski (AMC/ST) 30y31d))

Fastest Goal -- Matt Mayes, 1 minute 11 seconds (25 Jan 2020 -- vs Chelmsford)  (previous record: Matt Mayes, 1 minute 18 sec -- 1 Dec 2018 vs Brightlingsea)

The Rest of England

Promoted from the Regional Premier Division Teams:

Billericay, Dulwich Hamlet, Nuneaton, Chesham, Weymouth, Matlock

League Winners (promoted/relegated)

EPL Man Utd (Burnley, Aston Villa, Preston)

Championship Brighton (Brighton, Wolves, Norwich//Bolton, Bristol City, Coventry)

League One  Nottingham Forest (Nottingham Forest, Peterborough, Bradford City  // Crewe, Blackpool, Bury, Luton)

League Two Swindon (Swindon, Ebbsfleet, Colchester, Chesterfield  // Shrewsbury, Oldham)

Vanarama National Forest Green (Forest Green, Boston Utd // Macclesfield, Darlington, Wealdstone, Bath)

Vanarama North Solihull Moors (Solihull Moors, FC Halifax // Alfreton, Brackley, Hednesford)

Vanarama South Bognor Regis (Bognor Regis, Gloucester //  Dover, Truro, Concord)

Cup Winners

English FA Cup Man Utd (vs Everton)

Carabao Cup Man Utd (vs Brighton)

Checkatrade Trophy West Brom U23s (vs Wigan)

English FA Trophy Torquay (vs FC United)

Euro Qualifcation

Champions League Group Stage: Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham

Champions League Best Placed Playoff:

Euro Cup Group Stage: West Ham Utd

Euro Cup Playoff:

Euro Cup 3rd QR: Liverpool

Euro Cup 1st QR:

Continental Achievements

Man United-- Won European Cuper Cup (vs Valencia)

Chelsea-- Eliminated from Champions League Group Stage

Man Utd -- Won Club World Championship (vs San Jose)

Stoke  -- Eliminated from Euro Cup 1st Knockout round (by Olympiakos)

Liverpool -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Quarter Final (By Shakhtar

Man City -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Quarter Final (By Chelsea)

Tottenham -- Eliminated from Champions League Semi Final (By Arsenal)

Chelsea -- Won Euro Cup Semi Final (vs Galatasaray)

Arsenal -- Won Champions Leauge (vs Man Utd) (Prevented Man Utd from getting their 7th trophy of the season!)

Man Utd  -- Runner up in European Champions League (vs Arsenal)

Extra detail

What's Next?

Nothing will do other than promotion next season.  The title was within our reach---barring that 8-match sequence immediately after the launch of the full retail version we were really in the title hunt.  The playoff loss was in some respects disappointing, but given that we weren't expected to get close to that it was more than a small step up.  I'm lacking just a piece or two....a left fullback and maybe a MC or two (as I'm returning 3 loanees to their teams).  Other than that.... cover for rotation/injury purposes and we're ready.  The worry is the board has not injected cash in either season...and we're now somewhere north of £200K in the red....so we cannot grow the club facilities or staff.  Hoping something changes soon!

Career Overview

Season      Team                 Division          League Position(Predicted)     FAT       FAC    JPT      LC      Euro     CL               

2018/19     Gosport Borough    Vanarama South               19(20)                4QR       3QR     -       -        -       -     

2019/20     Gosport Borough    Vanarama South                4(22)(P/O 2nd Semi)  4QR       4QR     -       -        -       -

@HighFlyingDwarf You can now update me on the leaderboard!

Edited by G_D_K

4 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

When you don't whether you want to hug a player or scream at a player because they score two goals and then get a red card. I am leaning towards the former because I won 2-1

Hug them...then slap them :p

8 Games left, our great run got curtailed by my two star midfielders being out for the better part of 2 months with injuries and we've gone 2-1-3 in their absence. Both should be back within the next fortnight though to push onto the last 6 and maybe playoffs.

21b42f0da4606fc0ed51ab5b08642af9.png

In Good News though we've got a Golden Generation on our hands after being able to upgrade Coaching and Recruitment twice before the intake. 

3215689d13a47d18e951e115f175ee9d.png

Should definitely help with both squad depth and hopefully team quality over the next few seasons. 

Image result for hereford fc

Hereford FC - Vanarama North - 2020/21

After our end to last season I was very hopeful we could mount a promotion push this season with the right player recruitment. I brought in 7 new players 5 of which went straight into the first team. After our first 9 games we had won all 9 scoring 35 goals in the process and I was thinking of an unbeaten season and definite promotion. We then duly lost 2 of our next 4 games. After that however we only lost again twice in the league and one of these was once the title was already wrapped up.  For the most part Barrow kept up with us but the fell away slightly in March which allowed us to open up a gap of 8 points and we held them off. We clinched the title against Barrow with a 2-1 victory in April. We scored a staggering 121 goals this season and had a goal difference of 84. We also went all the way to Wembley in the FA Trophy knocking out some higher tiered opposition before lifting the trophy after a 4-1 victory over Aldershot. 

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Surprising exit in the FA Cup to Stockport who we beat 5-0 in the league the week prior. We had a run in the FA Trophy with wins over Morecambe, Whitehawk and Boreham Wood before facing my old assistant managers Notts County in the semi final. A 7-3 first leg saw us go through despite losing 3-1 away. A comfortable 4-1 win over Aldershot in the final saw us lift the trophy. 

Squad - I got rid of some players who wouldn't resign or wanted far too much. Brought in a few extra additions and have a squad that can hopefully compete at the next level with the right additions. 

Finances - £33k in the red, could of been worse if it wasn't for the Wembley appearance. 

Transfers - Brought in 2 new strikers in Sambou and Oteh who were amazing. Sambou is looking unlikely to resign with us. Also brought in James Browne a left winger who I converted to a full back for my system and he was incredible. 

Key Player Profiles:

James Browne - Young winger who I converted into a full back 7.86 average rating is insane. He wont sign a new deal and had offers from bigger clubs so I expect to see him leave.

Bassala Sambou - Brought in to lead the line and he was directly involved in 65 goals in 50 starts. 40 goals and 25 assists. 

Jamal Codrington - Central midfield nest who can fill in at centre back, managed a hat trick from defence early in the season! 

Next Season

Survive. 

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19         Vanarama South              9th               FA Cup 2nd round  
2019/20         Vanarama North		    3rd	 	      Lost in playoff final
2020/21         Vanarama North		    1st	              Champions and FA Trophy Winners
Edited by Hypanimz

:eek:

k8zZegD.png

I would like to thank my goalkeeper who stopped everything and STILL didn't get MotM.... and also Erik Lamela for missing those 3 CCCs, oh and the ref who annulled a Spurs goal in the 88th minute for a very dubious offside.

Edit: Oh, and a big up yours to Massimo Allegri who claimed we were an "easy" opponent!

Edited by XaW

5 minutes ago, XaW said:

:eek:

k8zZegD.png

I would like to thank my goalkeeper who stopped everything and STILL didn't get MotM.... and also Erik Lamela for missing those 3 CCCs, oh and the ref who annulled a Spurs goal in the 88th minute for a very dubious offside.

Edit: Oh, and a big up yours to Massimo Allegri who claimed we were an "easy" opponent!

Holy S***!!! Great work! Looks like a full stadium, how was the money?

Edited by Hypanimz

21 minutes ago, Hypanimz said:

Holy S***!!! Great work! Looks like a full stadium, how was the money?

I think I netted around £1M on that match.... o_O

Edit: Oh, and after the game I was linked with a job in the Premiership... Seems like the win boosted my rep as well! 

Edited by XaW

Untitled1_zpsfkegnrov.jpg

League Table  Squad  Finances 

Abysmal is probably the most apt word in describing Hednesford Town's opening campaign under the club's new management regime. Defensively naive and a pretty much total reliance on James Lawrie there was never really going to be a success story but at least there is a line in the sand where it cannot get much worse.  Subject to regular hammerings the club amassed a league high 97 goals conceded throughout the campaign and much work is to be done over the coming months to avoid a repeat.  There wasn't much to shout about either in the FA Cup as following a 2-0 victory over Ossett Town in a replay we lost 2-0 to Hitchen Town also in a replay.

Financially things are pretty OK though as i am pretty committed to keeping everything local and utilising players the various football clubs in the region , there wont be much need for extravagent scouting budgets,  A mere £900 was spent on scouting this season. I am hoping my ability to balance the books and performance off the pitch will enable me more time to sort the shambolic performances on it. 

Goals from James Lawrie were the sole reason for survival so he easily wins The Player of the Season award ahead of Joe Fitzpatrick . Much Work to be done.       

8 minutes ago, Mushtaq said:

Wow what a cup run @XaW I’ve just started the challenge with Marine so this is some good motivation.

Thanks! And good luck, the first two seasons were really hard, but now that I have gotten a good player foundation it became much better.

With the cash coming in I've also gotten improve both youth recruitment and youth coaching to passable levels and I have gotten accepted an improvement of facilities as well. So we will hopefully see a slight improvement on those parts as well.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Thanks! And good luck, the first two seasons were really hard, but now that I have gotten a good player foundation it became much better.

With the cash coming in I've also gotten improve both youth recruitment and youth coaching to passable levels and I have gotten accepted an improvement of facilities as well. So we will hopefully see a slight improvement on those parts as well.

You should be well set up to get into L2 if you are not there already

4 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

You should be well set up to get into L2 if you are not there already

No, I'm still in VNL, but still in the playoff spots. only 3 points clear though, so far from certain yet. Still, 30 games in this season have been a major success so far. I actually found this level easier than the regional ones, and I'm mostly using the same players as last year. I really think team cohesion is important this year. Not as big squad changes as we are used to from earlier is the way to go, I think.

14 minutes ago, XaW said:

No, I'm still in VNL, but still in the playoff spots. only 3 points clear though, so far from certain yet. Still, 30 games in this season have been a major success so far. I actually found this level easier than the regional ones, and I'm mostly using the same players as last year. I really think team cohesion is important this year. Not as big squad changes as we are used to from earlier is the way to go, I think.

I think you are right about cohesion, i kept the same fractious squad as last season with a few additions, the team is in a better place. I have more points (40) after 23 games than the whole of last season and reached the 2nd rd of the FA  cup.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I really doubt we can do it again....

AtK24Nh.png

Yeah, I got thumped 4-1 by them, though I scored at Anfield, so I'll take that I guess. Along with almost another million pounds! :hammer:

I just sold my "best player" to Cardiff for £100k + 50% of the next sale. He was unhappy because we didn't get promoted last season, even though we were (Bug reported), and now a couple of other players had started to resent him and I got a couple of those red lines between midfielders when he played. He had also been underperforming this season and his contract was up in 6 months. Win for everyone there, I think.

Edited by XaW

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Well Done XaW on the massive Cup upset. 

Thanks. The money really helps.

LR7ml6v.png

41 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

i have noticed that by having a better package increases the base knowledge of players in the player search. James Rae went from from 9% to 34% by going up 2 tiers in packages

Really? Well, that's good to know. I might get a package now then...

1 minute ago, wicksyFM said:

Another thing to be careful of. Dont click the packages just to have a look because it will charge you for them.

Ouch, thanks for the warning!

16 minutes ago, XaW said:

Ouch, thanks for the warning!

im just testing some things. i assigned a scout to scout darren mullings to 100% knowledge. it took the scout months and cost £896. this is a player that plays an hour down the road and in the same division. 

Edited by wicksyFM

Just now, wicksyFM said:

im just testing some things. i assigned a scout to scout darren mullings to 100% knowledeg. it took the scout months and cost £896. this is a player that playsan hour down the road and in the same division. 

I have no idea if that would be a realistic time- or cost frame, but it seems a bit excessive for me, at least the time. Maybe you should report it in the bug forum to give SI a chance to check it?