• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

Congrats @makovn 2 straight promotions :)

Thanks. how is it going for you in the national league?

7 minutes ago, Soviet said:

You should be fine with money, I think Billericay got some sort of sugar daddy this year.

I think so too, mainly cause I get big cash injections every end of season

im running a few tests on the costs of scouting. 

1. in september and so far my scouting costs have come in at £3544. i have one scout and he is scouting my division. The vanarama south/north. this is with the vanarama n/s package

2. scouted 1 player untill full knowledge the cost came in at £894. same divison as me vanarama north/south. no package.

3. september again and my 1 scout has been assigned to the league above.  the vanarama national. cost so far £4000. . with vanarama national and regional package

4. september again and my 1 scout has been out scouting a whole nation with no package selected.cost of £3200

I completely understand how scouting works. i just dont get why we pay for a package and then have to pay to scout within that package. 

by the way, attribute masking is enabled

i have tested the scouting of 1 player again, but this time with attribute masking disabled. as some of you may know if you disable attribute masking, every player has a knowledge level of 80%. all you need to do is request a scout report and you will then have full knowledge when it is completed. this comes in at £67.

16 minutes ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

Getting on board the 4-3-3 bandwagon has proved profitable :-)

I used it quite successfully in the last few versions of FM as well.  Last season i used an 4-3-3 assymetricAMR with a particular player. He has left so i have gone back to 4-3-3 with some success, it would be more if my strikers didn't miss so many CCC's.

Image result for hereford fc

Hereford FC - Vanarama National - 2021/22

After promotion last season I was hopeful of survival whilst remaining optimistic we could have a comfortable season around mid table. We managed to exceed all of my expectations and have a season that was pretty similar to last season. We started with yet another great run winning 12 of our first 14 whilst drawing the other 2 before our first defeat. We bounced back strong and never had a bad spell. We won consistently and scored plenty of goals again. We smashed the previous record for goals by 40 and equaled wins total and points total records. We were never in danger of being caught and opened up a 8 point lead early and we eased to the title. Solid work on back to back league titles and hopefully we are strong enough to survive in League 2.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - We made it to the 3rd round of the FA Cup for the first time but ended up against Liverpool who beat us 5-2 which was better than expected although they played a weakened squad. I tried to get knocked out of the FA Trophy early having won it last season so I played my backup players in every round but somehow we made it back to the final. We went on to lost 3-2 in the final to Macclesfield, not bad for what i consider to be my reserve team.

Squad - I've got some gems and managed to keep hold of  Browne and Sambou and built around them. The strike force in particular couldn't stop scoring again with all 6 of my strikers getting 14 goals or more as I rotated throughout the season.  

Finances - Thanks to the FA Cup run we ended up with over £600k left in the bank at the end of the season.

Transfers - Plenty of new faces but I put some into the under 18's for the future. Only a couple managed to nail down a regular starting position.  

Key Player Profiles:

Aramide Oteh - 39 goals in 42 appearances this season. Amazingly he wasn't our top scorer!

Bassala Sambou - The main man upfront. 45 goals and 24 assists in 46 games. Now has 76 goals and 39 assists in 83 league games for the club.

Adam McDonnell - One of the new signings who managed to break into the squad.

Next Season

Survive. 

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19         Vanarama South              9th               FA Cup 2nd round  
2019/20         Vanarama North		    3rd	 	      Lost in playoff final
2020/21         Vanarama North		    1st	              Champions and FA Trophy Winners
2021/22         Vanarama National           1st               Champions, FA Trophy finalists & FA Cup 3rd round
Edited by Hypanimz

130px-Merthyrtydfil.jpg

Merthyr Town Season 2021/22 Report

League- Our aims for this season were to get promoted one way or the other, and we managed to go all the way and win the title! We were top of the table from week 4 onwards, constantly just a couple of points above the various teams challenging us. Our form was pretty inconsistent and we had some pretty embarrassing losses (especially away from home), but we definitely scored plenty of goals. We finished 1st for goals scored with 102, 11 more than second place but conceded only the 6th least amount of goals with 53. My strikers and wide players were excellent this season but the less said about some of my defenders the better. We wrapped the league up with a game to go as we smashed playoff contenders Hereford 4-0 at home then finished off with a nice 4-1 win over another playoff contender in Hemel Hempstead in the last match.

Cups- We finally had a good cup run! We beat Kings Langley, Grays, Barrow, Hereford and League 2 Hartlepool before being outclassed 2-0 by Championship side Fulham in the 3rd round. This helped our finances massively as just the Fulham match tripled our previous record attendance and gate receipts as well as bringing in plenty of TV money. The FA trophy saw us knocked out pretty early by Aldershot in a close game.

Finances- Much better due to our cup successes but still in the red.

Transfers- Our extreme lack of funds was evident this year so I pursued loans pretty intently and brought in some useful players. I also had every youth international from nearby countries that was without a club on trial and managed to find a few decent prospects that way. The best of them was probably Eddie Ellis, who I found in the depths of Northern Ireland under-20s and was my first choice right back this season. 13 in and 3 out overall.

Youth Intake- Our best one for a few years with two promising looking players.

Best Players- Most goals: Sean "The Welsh Maradona" Edwards- 31 This guy is incredible. Came through our youth intake in the first season and he just keeps getting better every season. Already the clubs record goalscorer and will be our first choice up front for some time to come. It's worth noting that I had 4 other players with 15+ goals this season.

Most assists: Chekaine Steele- 17 He breaks his own record again as our wide man continues improving.

Highest avg rating: Steele- 7.73 He breaks another of his own records.

Most POM: Steele- Steele- 10 And he grabs a trilogy of broken records for the second year in a row.

Next year- After 4 seasons we have finally been promoted which should send me up the leaderboard a bit @HighFlyingDwarf. Hopefully the next one doesn't take as long. Next year the first aim is survival but a comfortable mid table finish would be ideal. We really need to sign some better defenders in the off-season though, so i'll have my work cut out scouting over the summer again.

Season          League          Position       FA Cup          FA Trophy          Top Scorer          Most Assists          Highest Avg Rating
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19         Vanarama South  11th           3rd qual round  3rd qual round     Fleetwood(28)       Morton(10)            Patten(7.25)
2019/20         Vanarama South  14th           2nd qual round  2nd round          Walker(11)          Morton(7)             Wiltshire(7.27)
2020/21         Vanarama South  4th            2nd qual round  1st round          Nicholson(32)       Steele(15)            Steele(7.64) 
2021/22         Vanarama South  1st            3rd round       1st round          Edwards(31)         Steele(17)            Steele(7.73)

c6dfdf6017eab5281bffd7d0e7394a12.png

Started strong. We have been absolutely mauled by Ebbsfleet and Hartlepool though, whether that's because our squad was still building match fitness or they're that much better than us I'm not sure.

Bottom line, I think we need a title promotion because we are nowhere near capable of winning via playoffs.

Edited by wynter

I'm a bit more optimistic in mine...currently (Season 2) sitting 3rd (30 points from15 matches).  We beat #2 Dartford and drew w/ #1 Bognor Regis.  Of course...I'd rather not bother with playoffs...but at least it feels we can compete w/ the top teams :)

Good luck in the rest of the season @wynter

12 minutes ago, G_D_K said:

Congrats Fade!  Finally, a non-Billericay promotion!  (apologies to those other non-Billericay promotions I may have missed/forgotten about!)

XaW has managed Marine to League 2.

Hypanmiz has managed Hereford to League 2

Makovn has managed Billericay to League 2

They are the 3 most progressed as far as I know.

Fadedaf has manged Merthyr Town to VNL

The_Gato_in_Goal has managed Shaw Lane to VNL

wynter has managed Stalybridge to VNL

The Earl has managed Billericay to VNL

I have probably missed some promotions, sorry.

Edited by Upside Down

Burgess Hill Town Season Summary 2018-19

Burgess Hill Town F.C. logo.png

Final Position 2nd

Squad - Table - Transfers - Profile - Finances

A season with a new and interesting learning curve. For me, I found, that finding a tactic and really learning/tweaking it was the key to success. Played a 4-1-2-3 DM Wide with alternate positions in terms of WB, Anchorman and IF. Had a great defense in comparison to other league contenders. Also maintaining a good Match Cohesion made winning games a lot easier. From December and onwards, it wasn't an issue whether or not we would make the playoffs, but what position we would end. Hampton&Richmond was almost untouchable in the league. A final position of 2nd and a really bad game, where we lost 2-0 to Chippenham in the playoff final. see us for a new season in VNS. Am quite confident going into next season, and if morale can be kept high, a long with a couple of new signings it looks promising.

The Cup runs was really good. Was knocked out in FA 2nd round away to Blackburn with a 4-1 loss, but went all the way to the final in the FAT where we played Kidderminster, who ended 4th in VNL. We were up 2-0. With a goal in 83d and 95th it was onto extra time followed by penalties where we got lucky and lifted our first trophy.

The Squad itself is pretty consistent of young players from bigger clubs, with only a few from the original team. Did have quite many transfers in, hoping to find the "right" 11 - but also from the theory that maintaining a solid physical condition would be a key - and often it was. In many games the opposition would start with players in their "80's" where we would be in the higher "90's"

A bright look into the future seems to be this years youth team.

Season          League          Position       FA Cup          FA Trophy          Carabao Cup          Euro         

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2018/19         Vanarama South  2nd           2nd round        Winner     	  NA       	       NA

1 hour ago, MikaelS said:

@Dons did Chippenham promote?

I am actually surprised they reached that high in the league, so I'm curious to know how they did :)

@MikaelS If I remember, will post an update about them - just for you!

@makovn cheers - i have high hopes for the coming season.

18 hours ago, makovn said:

Thanks. how is it going for you in the national league?

I have been very busy IRL lately so not played so much.

But it looks good, too good maybe. The club as I hinted went through a takeover. So the rich VNL team got even richer with a business tycoon. I can now spend wages in VNL like a Top League One team. The difference is that there is not really a lot of quality players who want our astute wages. Still the team I got should be more than good enough for VNL. Played 2 matches won both.

image.png.6fdb304b5a20d4171aadb100aab51122.png

Season 2018-2019

Thought I'd give this one a try this year. Last season I had a go with Dorchester, made it to the Premier League, but never won! 

Season summary

A good team with some quality players from the start and made some good free transfer signings. My loan signings didnt do to well, except from my GK, hope I can sign him on a bosman,

League: Won the league, VNLS, with 11 points margin. Played a little unconsistent in the first half of the season and got very lucky in a bunch of games. Adjusted to a more direct style of play and that really paid off. 

League Table

FA Cup: Beat Newport Co, Hartlepool and Forest Green to make it to the 4th round. Then we got Manchester United at Old Trafford so that was obviously the end of the line!! Lost 7-0 against what was basically Man Utd's U19 team (and Rashford and Romero), but the payoff of around £1 million was fantastic. On a side note though, I didnt get all the money, as the board was so embarassed with the result they refunded my fans ticket money :( Bit strange, but whatever! 

Player of the season was without a doubt Steven Hewitt. Signed him on a free transfer, and he finished the season on a 7,55 average as a ball winning midfielder, which is a really strong performance. 

Stewen Hewitt

Next season

I've gotten a fairly good wage budget, but our salaries will naturally increase a lot due to contract clauses after the promotion. I want to keep the core of the team, as of now my only loanee that plays regularly is my goalkeeper. So hopefully with 4-5 good players on loan we can finish mid-table or higher in the Vanarama National. 

59 minutes ago, Scab said:

I don't suppose anyone's had success defending situations like this?

I'm the team in blue. Can't seem to get anyone to mark the opponent lurking whatever I set the Indirect (Wide) defending to. :(

Don't know since i concede a lot from those positions, set everyone to man mark maybe? Put them all on the halfway line to catch the other team offside :D

1 hour ago, Scab said:

Or maybe not.

I think this is the first time I have a player retire early!

Ouch, two years out and then retire. Been living the life on his contract with you!

Congrats to all the others who have been promoted and wishings of luck to the ones who didn't.

Seeing more people do the jump past VNL reinforce my belief that it's not all that different from the regional ones. 

Would like to encourage all active users here to check out the awards thread. So far no nominations for Dafuge, so would recommend someone who enjoys this challenge to nomintate Dafuge for voting later this year.

Link to the awards thread: 

50 minutes ago, PS-GamerNeil said:

So the game comes out tomorrow and l am all set. Got the day off work and planning to start this challenge. just need to find something to keep the GF away for the day :D

So I have been looking through the possible teams and Marine is the one that stands out for me as being quite a local team to me. Whitby also is a possibility as I enjoy going there on short little breaks at least once a year and is a lovely place. Would be nice to see a Whitby game next time I am up there too.

Getting excited now :D

17 minutes ago, PS-GamerNeil said:

So I have been looking through the possible teams and Marine is the one that stands out for me as being quite a local team to me. Whitby also is a possibility as I enjoy going there on short little breaks at least once a year and is a lovely place. Would be nice to see a Whitby game next time I am up there too.

Getting excited now :D

I saw both Marine and Whitby come up so you should be able to get either of those quite easily. Marine came up a lot.

13 hours ago, Upside Down said:

XaW has managed Marine to League 2.

Hypanmiz has managed Hereford to League 2

Makovn has managed Billericay to League 2

They are the 3 most progressed as far as I know.

Fadedaf has manged Merthyr Town to VNL

The_Gato_in_Goal has managed Shaw Lane to VNL

wynter has managed Stalybridge to VNL

The Earl has managed Billericay to VNL

I have probably missed some promotions, sorry.

I've been relegated 3 seasons in a row with different teams :)