Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

You've mentioned this before. Could you upload the save game, your defensive set piece set up, and a few examples of the type of set goals your conceding?

i have set up my whole squad to go back for corners expect 1 striker whos stays forward, i have my tallest/best markers man marking, with DR+DL on posts. 

8/10 its cross>header>goal

2/10 its cross few touches in my area > goal.

i need to have a look but i can confrim its over 20 goals in 38 games in prem (as newcastle)

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

And how does this compare with the rest of the teams in the league?

good question i cant find the screen to see this i have looked around for it like a mad man.

also where can i see goals conceded because its beyond shocking, havnt had a clean sheet all season and conceding 1-6 goals each game 

Edited by Domathon

3 minutes ago, Domathon said:

good question i cant find the screen to see this i have looked around for it like a mad man.

also where can i see goals conceded because its beyond shocking, havnt had a clean sheet all season and conceding 1-6 goals each game 

Look in the team detailed stats section of your league.

Also, you'll have your own team's tactical analysis section, look in there too

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Look in the team detailed stats section of your league. 

jesus conceded 80 goals and 22 from corners i need to retire im worst in the league but only marginally

brighton and palace only conceded 3 goals from corners and i have 16, although i make notes and wrote 22 myself, if there's a lot of passing/ long highlights after a corner then the goal comes does it not count as goal from corner?

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Might be an idea to also post details of your tactic in the tactics forum, some great help in there. 

thanks for your help, there's nothing to post about my tactics its just a flat 442 standard>flexible, but mostly its 442 defensive/counter as i get destroyed every game

4 minutes ago, Domathon said:

jesus conceded 80 goals and 22 from corners i need to retire im worst in the league but only marginally

brighton and palace only conceded 3 goals from corners and i have 16, although i make notes and wrote 22 myself, if there's a lot of passing/ long highlights after a corner then the goal comes does it not count as goal from corner?

So you're conceding a lot from corners and the AI isn't.  Does that not tell you something?

EDIT: And that's not a leading question or anything.  They're clearly setting up better, so the advice to visit the tactics forum is decent.  Might just be a small tweak that's needed to change it.  Should every team be suffering from it, that's an issue.  But it isn't by the looks of it.

Edited by forameuss

I conceded 3 from corners in 42 games.

And that's leaving 2 Strikers up the pitch and one player outside the penalty area.

I scored more break away goals from opponents corners than they did!

Its clearly your set up.

Just now, forameuss said:

So you're conceding a lot from corners and the AI isn't.  Does that not tell you something?

i have my whole team back defend them bar 1 forward and my x2 dc and x2 mc man marking due to them being tall, jumpers and can tackle.

theres not much i could do to make it more solid, maybe ill put everyone on zonal

17 minutes ago, Domathon said:

i have my whole team back defend them bar 1 forward and my x2 dc and x2 mc man marking due to them being tall, jumpers and can tackle.

theres not much i could do to make it more solid, maybe ill put everyone on zonal

You've conceded 80 goals. Set pieces are arguably the least of your issues here. You need to stop giving away as many opportunities to score in the first place 

26 minutes ago, Domathon said:

More people doesn't always mean better defence.  I have no idea how it is coded in FM, but logically more people in the box congests the area and anything could happen then.  They'll be able to send eight forward with two left back to cover your lone striker.  If you, say, have three people forward at every defensive corner, that means they have to keep four back.  Less to mark, more space to work in, could be simpler that way.

Plus, if you only have one up, you're very unlikely to make the ball stick with any clearance.  It's likely to come straight back at you.

1 hour ago, Domathon said:

80 goals conceded. The teams are obviously pummeling you and have a lot of corners against you. so if you concede 5 corners per game,and I suspect it's even more, that's like 200 corners conceded in a single season. So now, you go figure why you concede 20 goals from corners.

And I just want to say that the horizontal tactical view when you click on tactics during a match is completely redundant. Why have one click to get to the useful tactics screen when you can have two clicks. :rolleyes:

Is there any way to remove this nonsense screen?

12 hours ago, TheBigBoss said:

Why is 2D classic so dark surely there's a brightness setting

I've sorta half worked this out (I think) - If the game is being played under the floodlights and it's also raining, this is where you get the dark pitch with the blue pitch lines. At other times, it's a lot lighter. 

So im 3/4 way through my first session, and things i've noticed:

Match Engine:
Every Beta and Release for the past 4-5 years has been quite poor in regards to the balance in the ME. I feel as if crossing is very effective on this version of this seasons FM. I've scored 45 and conceded 19 from crosses, far ahead of any other type of goal assisted. Score and concede quite often from corners too. And then there's pretty much the 15-20 times per game that both teams cross and the keeper has to flick behind and you get the standard "Player X certainly didnt mean that". I imagine it will take 2-3 patches before they find the balance. I do like the fact that strikers seem to be effective again, especially after the powerful strikerless formations last season.

Match Day:
Slowly getting my ahead around all the screens. Dont like that i've lost the split view, but will get used to it. Do like the "are you sure you want to keep changes" after a goal etc. Thats a nice addition. I watch 2D so cant comment on the simulation of players etc. Leave most of the other stuff to my assistant. 

UI:
Seems quite busy. FM players are creatures of habit, so the new UI will take some serious getting use to. I dont mind the change, but i do feel like im clicking alot more to navigate my way around. Just seems to be extra drop boxes and screens everywhere. I guess it will become normal after time.

Scouting Addition:
Dont mind it, makes sense to have scouting meetings. Although i think there needs to be more of a combination of new & old here. General scouting missions can appear in the scouting missions, but when i request certain player reports for players i want scouted, they should appear in my inbox as individual entries like old. Or even the option during the scouting meetings to view "scouted players" or "requested players". Atleast them i can focus on the players i request while my assistant/cheif scout deals with the rest. Then i can sit in on a meeting every now and then to view what kind of stuff they've found.

Medical centre:
Made a conscious effort to following this, if a player is high risk or higher, i haven't played. Still had the highest injury rate in the league. So many ligaments (ankles and knees) plus knocks. Most of my attacking players struggle to play more than 2 games in a row due to injuries.

Overall:
Decent, it is a beta so nothing to get carried away with. But it does provide a pretty good foundation of what to expect in the full release. This this version will need 3-4 patches and we will be reaching the back end of january before we have a solid, balanced game.

I am done with FM18 until they sort it out.  Very disappointed.  FM16 & 17 were very stable, even in beta, but there are so many issues with this version it is ridiculous.  Pointless extra clicks required, scouting is a complete mess, Dynamics, which I was really looking forward to, is terrible and no tactics seem to work.  At all.  Fed up.

2 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

There is an option in the responsibilities page to automatically shortlist anyone you scout.

Thanks Michael, yes I know - and now I'm starting to sound extremely entitled - but I don't wish to shortlist everybody I scout (that would be a long shortlist).  It just feels like an option that I used quite regularly has been taken away when it could quite easily still be included.

4 hours ago, Per Annum said:

Currently bossing the Scottish Championship with an unfancied side due to the fact I can loan in top division players from across the world for zero wage contribution.

In the first summer there is a limited amount of players willing to join, but the loan window stays open and foreign loans are unlimited so by November I'm just hoovering up EPL, Serie A, Argentina PL players for zero expenditure. Am in the process of selling my entire team to remove expenditure, and the players I'm loaning in are so good they can easily cope with the resulting tactical/squad lack of consistency.

I raised this as a Scottish Data issue and was told that wasn't the right place as the SC is the 210th ranked league in the game.

Something needs to be changed so that all these clubs are rejecting the loans so their players play at a higher level. At worst they should be insisting on loans up to the next global window only (i.e. Jan) so they can recall and loan to better clubs.

Also, players shouldn't be willing to be the 87th player to join a club on loan in the same window, but I've been raising this as a bug since time immemorial.

Oh that's interesting. I've started with Inverness CT - their best players have long-term injuries and the rest are awful. I tried scouting for new players but the new system is so obtuse - as many are complaining - and I just couldn't get any players watched except those who demanded unrealistic wages. With the season around the corner and no purchases I panicked and abandoned the scouts to see if I could hoover up anyone I knew. I nabbed 2 Man United youths on free loans - the same day as one of them made his real-life debut in the Champions League, along with youths from Liverpool, Chelsea and Brighton to add to one I inherited from Middlesbro'. 

Then I checked the league rules which said you can only loan 5 domestics in a season and 4 at one time, so I sent the Middlesbro' one back. So are you saying the English league is not counted as domestic and I can fill the whole damn squad with EPL youngsters? If so is it actually legit or a bug?

5 hours ago, Flashman said:

A button labelled "Shortlist and keep scouting" would be handy too.  In case anybody's watching.

If you select 'keep scouting' you're guaranteed to get further reports until the player is at or close to 100% scouted. Then you can shortlist if you want. Seems simple enough to me.

Just now, warlock said:

If you select 'keep scouting' you're guaranteed to get further reports until the player is at or close to 100% scouted. Then you can shortlist if you want. Seems simple enough to me.

Thank you, yes I know that.  Sometimes I would like to add a player to my shortlist whilst I am continuing the scouting.  I am completely aware of all the options currently available to me in FM18.

Thanks for the reply though.

3 minutes ago, Flashman said:

Sometimes I would like to add a player to my shortlist whilst I am continuing the scouting.

Understood. I'm running FMT at the mo' so can't check, but can you right-click on the player name and choose 'shortlist' from the options without touching the report card buttons?

Just now, warlock said:

Understood. I'm running FMT at the mo' so can't check, but can you right-click on the player name and choose 'shortlist' from the options without touching the report card buttons?

Thank you for your input and yes we have established that we have the option to do that.  My issue (well, not really but here we are) is that the buttons allow us to do one or the other, but not both.  If SI are going to furnish us with these fancy new buttons then perhaps it would be useful to give us the option of doing both things.

That's all  :)

Not one to moan, as I know your own tactics generally are the problem when you lose a game, but going into the first leg of a tough Europa League tie to find that every player is blacked out makes tactical decisions a lot harder, especially when I couldn't find a way to have the names of players above my squad. 

Switching to 2D means you can differentiate between teams, so it wasn't a complete bust, but I hope it's something that's resolved soon. 

39 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Then I checked the league rules which said you can only loan 5 domestics in a season and 4 at one time, so I sent the Middlesbro' one back. So are you saying the English league is not counted as domestic and I can fill the whole damn squad with EPL youngsters? If so is it actually legit or a bug?

Domestic is just Scotland and I believe accurate to real life. 

Fwiw I think ICT in game should be able to attract a marginally higher calibre or loanees than my Qots, but still much lower than they can in game. 

Don't wanna post it in the bugs forums yet, but this can't be right.
Roma got in debt and transfer listed all of their valueable players, ok, I can get behind that.
But why would they allow all of them to leave on loans with measly monthly fees and like 20% wage contribution.

kYUavZv.png

As you can see, all of their key players left on loans with 20-30% wage contribution except for Nainggolan, who was sold for a decent fee.
All within space of 3 weeks.

8 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Don't wanna post it in the bugs forums yet, but this can't be right.
Roma got in debt and transfer listed all of their valueable players, ok, I can get behind that.
But why would they allow all of them to leave on loans with measly monthly fees and like 20% wage contribution.

kYUavZv.png

As you can see, all of their key players left on loans with 20-30% wage contribution except for Nainggolan, who was sold for a decent fee.
All within space of 3 weeks.

Probably worth raising in the bugs forum, though the loan fee's with the wage contribution should cover the wages, and as its in Jan loaning them out for six months might be better for them than selling them all well unless they end up getting relegated. (Could also be because it's Jan the other teams don't have much budget left to sign the players outright).

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

I nabbed 2 Man United youths on free loans - the same day as one of them made his real-life debut in the Champions League, along with youths from Liverpool, Chelsea and Brighton to add to one I inherited from Middlesbro'. 

That lad that scored his first goal for Lyon against Everton in the Europa League last night is probably feeling pretty good about his life today - little does he know if he had played his cards right then in an alternative universe he could currently be sat on the bench on loan at Queen of the South.

Is there any way to stop the recommended players from scout just keep sending me?

all these players are not really good, I want to turn it off but can't find where. Its not my assignment tho. I think its from when I first play the game when talking/discuss to staff how  I would want to receive potential players or something, but now I want to stop it.

Edited by rooneyviet

In the player search screens, I don't understand why players who are already on loan to other clubs for the season, therefore there's no way you can even put an offer in, are showing up as 'interested' players. Just makes the screen more cluttered. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Coming up against a lot of 4-2-2-2 formations, with two DMs and two CMs. Seems pretty bizarre 

Whether it's bizarre or not will surely depend where you're managing, for one thing.

This is some weird decision making to me. United here have broken the defensive line. Mata is two on one with the keeper. Now you'd think he'd either take the shot on himself or roll it to Lukaku, but instead he knocks it out to the right wing and Miki knocks it wide. I can't think of any top player that wouldn't shoot or pass to Lukaku in that position.

59fca4502e8e9_2017-11-03(1).thumb.png.52f41f8068b8a7237caf4cff6d81612c.png

Here's my opinion on beta. I will focus more on the Match Engine side, considering that to judge the side closely related to my career experience I need more time. However, I appreciated the dynamics and the new medical center.

Merits: fewer mistakes by strikers in front of goalkeeper; the new roles seem to be functional and effective; the first phase of actions is less frantic and more rational; the penalties are more realistic; less clamorous mistakes by defenders.

Defects: ME seems to be more or less the same as 17 and the development of the action from the midfield up confirms it, with too many crosses and few balls underlapping; there are the same bugs on closing down registrered on FM16 and FM17, a big disappointment to see them still incorrect; the bugs on corner routines are always present, with players that have to mark the tallest players who mark small players and often leave a free man on the second far post; the CCCs/HCs are marked incorrectly, as on FM17. The matchday experience is the most confusing ever, with the pitch/split screen that has disappeared, and was the most useful to understand in real time the team's performance as well as the most complete to know the statistics during and after the match. Even the tactical screen isn't clean and intuitive, I have the impression that you wanted to change so much to do it, when one of the few things appreciated virtually unanimously was the clarity and comfort of the screens. Returning to closing down. the head-less chicken tendency of 17 has remained, with players always struggling to press the ball carrier and the concept of temporize is completely non-existent. The deep indirect free-kicks are full of bugs, but I think someone has already reported them.

26 minutes ago, Cannibal said:

This is some weird decision making to me. United here have broken the defensive line. Mata is two on one with the keeper. Now you'd think he'd either take the shot on himself or roll it to Lukaku, but instead he knocks it out to the right wing and Miki knocks it wide. I can't think of any top player that wouldn't shoot or pass to Lukaku in that position.

59fca4502e8e9_2017-11-03(1).thumb.png.52f41f8068b8a7237caf4cff6d81612c.png

Please raise it in the ME Issues forum, along with a pkm of the match and timing of when it occurred.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/566-match-engine/

5 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I've sorta half worked this out (I think) - If the game is being played under the floodlights and it's also raining, this is where you get the dark pitch with the blue pitch lines. At other times, it's a lot lighter. 

Pretty sure it has to do with the graphics quality in preferences. It says it's for 3D but it affects 2D classic as well. 

Just had a major buggy match with 30 shots on target and getting beat 1-0 in the last min. i made a sub via tactics at half time and it took till 80mins to actually replace the guy i picked.... Brilliant.

Also, game crashed right after full time for no apparent reason.

LOVE THIS YEARS RELEASE!!

22 hours ago, stevemc said:

Is this issue a Beta issue, or just me?

I don't have advertising boards around the pitch, they are just solid black. They appear in the higher stands, but not around the pitch.

Anyone else having this?

vrwpht.png

This has happened again today, even though my graphic settings are the highest possible. I'm on a Mac.

Is this a bug, or are they disabled on the Beta around the pitch? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall? Is my graphics card not good enough? I'm at a loss on this.

29 minutes ago, Olivierlandman said:

Anyone starting their long save on the beta or is everybody waiting for next week ? what should i do ?

I want to start with a team that is playing in 3/4th division so data mistakes are not that important.

I'm waiting for full release myself mate, just got a random save going at the moment to test the game out a bit but I'll probably get attached to it :D

Wouldn't want a bug to mess something up in my game that I'm planning to play for months, however small it may be.

Edited by TheInvisibleMan

30 minutes ago, Olivierlandman said:

Anyone starting their long save on the beta or is everybody waiting for next week ? what should i do ?

I want to start with a team that is playing in 3/4th division so data mistakes are not that important.

waiting until the 10th, unless the next update (if there is one) fixes the UI issues