Jump to content

Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3


Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, JimV said:

I'm finding the match day experience beyond annoying. Why is the in-game tactics now two screens that you both need to see at the same time? 

 

When I pause the game to change tactics I now have the team arranged horizontally and to make a sub I have to go to another screen where I have the teeth-pullingly irritating task of dragging a sub up the screen and hopes that he replaces the correct player. Then to re-arrange the formation I have to go back to a different screen. 

 

How does this help? How does it improve things? What was wrong with how it was before when you could not only do both from the same screen but could click and drag to sub and re-arrange much more easily.

If there's a way of customising the in-match tactics changing then they've hidden it really well because I haven't been able to find it.

And has ANYBODY found any use for these "scouting meetings" that come up what seems like every two days advertising 30 players you aren't interested in don't even give you the option of clicking through them?

 

 

You can do both on the same screen already, on the tactics screen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChelseaSince86 said:

Am i right in thinking there is no more updates now pre release? Next update is on 10th Nov?

Nobody knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JimV said:

When I pause the game to change tactics I now have the team arranged horizontally and to make a sub I have to go to another screen where I have the teeth-pullingly irritating task of dragging a sub up the screen and hopes that he replaces the correct player.

If it's just a sub you want, use the quick sub feature that's been there the last few editions. Brings up the squad view with subs and dragging a sub highlights where he can play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JimV said:

And has ANYBODY found any use for these "scouting meetings" that come up what seems like every two days advertising 30 players you aren't interested in don't even give you the option of clicking through them?

If you don't want to scout players, take control of scouting and cancel all the assignments. Or change the rating threshold so you only see the best players. Or change the scouting reports frequency to whatever you want. Or all of the above.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, serif said:

So how much of a save during this period carry over to launch? Just preseason?

I was still playing my FM17 beta save last month. You're getting mixed up with the beta and the demo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

You can do both on the same screen already, on the tactics screen.

You can but for some unfathomable reason it isn't the default screen, you have to click the little icon for it at the top right of the tactics pitch horizontal formation view. The tactics screen which features the pitch and list views should be the only screen, the separate ones are completely pointless.

And the little quick sub/ mentality etc change icons would be much improved with a wild new idea: words to tell you what they are. I don't know what a circle with little dots means but I can read.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rdbayly said:

When making a substitution on previous versions, after clicking and dragging the player you wish to withdraw, suitable replacements would 'light up' on the bench. This has now gone and is very annoying. There are dozens and dozens of nuances like this that when added together, make it poorer experience than FM17.

The bit in bold I really miss from FM18. It was such a simple yet useful thing when making changes to your team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this a bug or its how it's designed to work? 

Asked for a affiliate club to send players for work permits, this is the second season it happens to me. 

The board gives me the 3 clubs they think are best to have as affiliate, I decline them and that's it, no second pick of teams and the option disappears from board requests till next season

20171102_212452.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CapAtom said:

You can but for some unfathomable reason it isn't the default screen, you have to click the little icon for it at the top right of the tactics pitch horizontal formation view. The tactics screen which features the pitch and list views should be the only screen, the separate ones are completely pointless.

And the little quick sub/ mentality etc change icons would be much improved with a wild new idea: words to tell you what they are. I don't know what a circle with little dots means but I can read.

If you click the tactics button, you can do a sub and change formation in the same screen, you don't need the list view or  to press any other little icons at the top at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sedge11 said:

If you click the tactics button, you can do a sub and change formation in the same screen, you don't need the list view or  to press any other little icons at the top at all.

I know but if you click on tactics from the match you get the pitch view (the horizontal pitch with the formation of your players). This screen contains very little useful information. The list view contains more info but not the pitch and formation. If you want both you have to click on tactics in the top right and you are taken to a screen which contains both sets of information. There is no reason this isn't the default tactics screen (this screen also has the highlight for positions a player can play lacking from the other screens)

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, serif said:

So how much of a save during this period carries over to launch? Just preseason?

If you start a Beta game, it will all carry over to the full game, there is no cut off.

If you're playing the demo, I believe it lasts 6 months, but the 18 demo isn't out yet.

Edited by martplfc1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else getting this? 

On the info panel that comes up between highlights with the team line ups etc on them, I can only hover over the opposition's info. For example, if one of my players gets a knock, I can't hover over the little orange icon to see what the injury is, but I can for the other team, which means I have to go into quick sub to find this out. I'm not sure if this would be a bug or just my settings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 I really don't get the thinking behind some of the UI design in FM18 tactics screen. For instance, why is role and duty displayed in selection window if it's already displayed on the formation graphic? With role ability (again, this also can be seen on formation window) and name you're left with no space to view other information. There is no space to add any additional information on the selection screen if you want to add anything. I like to see players' recent form (last 5 matches), apps, assists and minutes played in this season. When I add all this, the screen becomes useless. 

 

Also, the fact that you can only see 6,5 bench players might get annoying in italian league and friendlies. 

 

Football Manager Screenshot 2017.11.03 - 00.33.57.26.png

Edited by Valencia7
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Valencia7 said:

 I really don't get the thinking behind some of the UI design in FM18 tactics screen. For instance, why is role and duty displayed in selection window if it's already displayed on the formation graphic? With role ability (again, this also can be seen on formation window) and name you're left with no space to view other information. There is no space to add any additional information on the selection screen if you want to add anything. I like to see players' recent form (last 5 matches), apps, assists and minutes played in this season. When I add all this, the screen becomes useless. 

 

 

Football Manager Screenshot 2017.11.03 - 00.33.57.26.png

Right click on the column header and you can remove it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Right click on the column header and you can remove it. 

I'd do that, but than you can't quick-select with right clicking on it. And i'm left with dragging each player across the screen, which I'm to lazy to do.

 

The ideal option for me would be to scale it down but it's locked. 

Edited by Valencia7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Domathon said:

beta summary : results are totally random regardless of any tactics, with a selection of short 1/4 day injuries and lots of goals for the ai from corners.

Proof?

Link to post
Share on other sites

i cant believe i wasted so many hours making notes and researching to just roll a dice, im a relegation tipped team i EXPECT to loose a lot of games but when swansea who are rooted at the bottom of the league beat me 2nil and play like ajax in the 90s i have to walk away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JimV said:

I'm finding the match day experience beyond annoying. Why is the in-game tactics now two screens that you both need to see at the same time? 

 

When I pause the game to change tactics I now have the team arranged horizontally and to make a sub I have to go to another screen where I have the teeth-pullingly irritating task of dragging a sub up the screen and hopes that he replaces the correct player. Then to re-arrange the formation I have to go back to a different screen. 

 

How does this help? How does it improve things? What was wrong with how it was before when you could not only do both from the same screen but could click and drag to sub and re-arrange much more easily.

If there's a way of customising the in-match tactics changing then they've hidden it really well because I haven't been able to find it.

And has ANYBODY found any use for these "scouting meetings" that come up what seems like every two days advertising 30 players you aren't interested in don't even give you the option of clicking through them?

 

 

It’s a shambles. I’d love to know what SI were thinking.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta say I really don't like the UI changes. The all caps looks atrocious, some of the options on the side bar being moved is pretty annoying. Squad and schedule right next to each other last year was perfect! I feel like it was much easier to get from the squad screen to the club screens in previous versions as well. Actually, it still is.... for every team except my own? Looking at another team I see a bar along the top with Overview, News, Players, Tactics, Schedule etc with drop down menus to get straight to the section you want as well. Why on earth isn't that available for my team as well? The team that I'm going to spend the most time looking at. Why do I have to search up and down a separate list to move between sections when it's all readily available on any page for other teams?

Then there's the matchday experience, I just don't like it. All the gumpf at the beginning just seems like an annoyance. A lot of the tactical options not only take up more screen space (on account of taking up two separate lines, one, perhaps even both, of which is dropped lower than it used to be) but they are also a lot less clear. FM17 displayed my team mentality and shape and stuff so I could easily see it. Now I have to click on it just for it tell me what I'm currently using, even if I don't want to change it. Why obscure information like that? Oh and my preferred match camera (main stand) has been removed as well, along with many others. Then there's the annoying replay pop-up too. That was perfect before when it was just part of the existing ui. Now it pops up in the middle of the screen obscuring stuff and takes up more space on account of an "upload to youtube" option that I'm literally never going to use.

Oh and I've already made a separate thread about this, but might as well include it here so this can be a complete summary of my thoughts on the game so far, but I've got to say I'm highly disappointed the new expanded World Cup format isn't included in the game. That's the main reason I've been waiting for FM18 rather than playing 17, I even made a thread asking if it would be added in a patch for 17 when it was first decided, I've been looking forward to it that much. Made even more annoying considering the European qualification system has been updated, a change that I didn't want. If only it were possible to edit world cups and continental coefficients/qualification rules...

The dynamics feature seems like a nice addition, haven't really played around with it much though as I'm not really interested in playing a save without heavy use of the pre-game editor. Speaking of which, are there any improvements or changes to that this year as a possible saving grace? It's currently pretty obtuse about some things and there's a lot of hard coding which gets in the way at times. If the editor got some significant improvements and finally allowed me to make some of the changes I've always wanted (including an expanded World Cup which y'all at SI didn't do :() then that would definitely give me more reason to persist with FM18 rather than just going back to 17.

Edited by rusty217
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, martplfc1 said:

If you start a Beta game, it will all carry over to the full game, there is no cut off.

If you're playing the demo, I believe it lasts 6 months, but the 18 demo isn't out yet.

Thank you for not being dense. I might go ahead and start playing.

So how much changes from these commercial sham betas to release? I'd presume very little but some people seem to think possibly a lot.

Edited by serif
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Some feedback. This? This is a little redundant, no?

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 01.45.01.png

I'd say so. If you don't mind, I post in the bugs forum would be great.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CapAtom said:

I know but if you click on tactics from the match you get the pitch view (the horizontal pitch with the formation of your players). This screen contains very little useful information. The list view contains more info but not the pitch and formation. If you want both you have to click on tactics in the top right and you are taken to a screen which contains both sets of information. There is no reason this isn't the default tactics screen (this screen also has the highlight for positions a player can play lacking from the other screens)

I can see what your saying, but I've just not had any problem just using that one screen, the horizontal formation pitch screen to do everything I need, so guess it's not an issue for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

:lol:

In what way is it a 'commercial sham beta;'? 

I'm genuinely convinced people still don't release this is an open beta, and not a "you get to play the game two weeks early" release. Which is odd, because that's how it's always been. As for changes, lots can and probably will change. It's already changed once. People forget there's a closed beta that's also still running, which will have started long before the open one 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I'm genuinely convinced people still don't release this is an open beta, and not a "you get to play the game two weeks early" release. Which is odd, because that's how it's always been. As for changes, lots can and probably will change. It's already changed once. People forget there's a closed beta that's also still running, which will have started long before the open one 

Not exactly a stretch, I'd say that's pretty obvious, and has been since SI brought in the beta.  It's always been treated as a beta, but a lot of people never understood what they are.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SlayerX87 said:

Is this a bug or its how it's designed to work? 

Asked for a affiliate club to send players for work permits, this is the second season it happens to me. 

The board gives me the 3 clubs they think are best to have as affiliate, I decline them and that's it, no second pick of teams and the option disappears from board requests till next season

20171102_212452.jpg

Could you please raise this on our bugs forum here? - https://community.sigames.com/forum/569-other-gameplay/

Many thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of things are annoying me now about the match day UI (after about 65 hours...)

 

Previously with the quick menus I would be able to see at a glance how many TI's I had enabled, my mentality and my team shape - now all of that information is hidden behind another drop-down click.  Of course I should be able to remember all of this information but sometimes I don't, and it was very useful to have a reminder right there in front of me.

 

Does anyone else think the coloured bars in the match stats widget are a little unnecessary?  They make the widget far too large meaning I have to sacrifice another one (I've chosen to lose opposition info, which isn't ideal), and the garish colours only serve to obscure what I'm really looking for, which is the numbers.

 

I get that SI are proud of their new graphical representation but I'd still prefer to have information in front of me, like the pop-up offside cards, and goalscorer info.

Link to post
Share on other sites

...  and whilst we're on the subject of scouting (were we?), when the reports are delivered to my inbox I only have the option to do one thing with each report before it disappears off into the ether.  Sometimes I'd quite like to add a player to my shortlist AND keep scouting him, but as soon as I click either option.... *poof*.  Gone.  I realise I could go searching for the player's profile and do it from there, but who has the time..?  :seagull:

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ai2ker said:

Exactly this - What if I want to add a guy to a shortlist and keep scouting? Can't - choose one option and the card is gone. What if I'm scouting a ton of regens and am quickly clicking through discard/keep scouting and make a mistake? Can I go back and find the card I just made a mistake on? Nope. 

There's a list of all your discared players in the scouting section. I use it quite a bit to rescout guys i'm still not sure about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Flashman said:

...  and whilst we're on the subject of scouting (were we?), when the reports are delivered to my inbox I only have the option to do one thing with each report before it disappears off into the ether.  Sometimes I'd quite like to add a player to my shortlist AND keep scouting him, but as soon as I click either option.... *poof*.  Gone.  I realise I could go searching for the player's profile and do it from there, but who has the time..?  :seagull:

You can just right click his name and do it from there though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently bossing the Scottish Championship with an unfancied side due to the fact I can loan in top division players from across the world for zero wage contribution.

In the first summer there is a limited amount of players willing to join, but the loan window stays open and foreign loans are unlimited so by November I'm just hoovering up EPL, Serie A, Argentina PL players for zero expenditure. Am in the process of selling my entire team to remove expenditure, and the players I'm loaning in are so good they can easily cope with the resulting tactical/squad lack of consistency.

I raised this as a Scottish Data issue and was told that wasn't the right place as the SC is the 210th ranked league in the game.

Something needs to be changed so that all these clubs are rejecting the loans so their players play at a higher level. At worst they should be insisting on loans up to the next global window only (i.e. Jan) so they can recall and loan to better clubs.

Also, players shouldn't be willing to be the 87th player to join a club on loan in the same window, but I've been raising this as a bug since time immemorial.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Flashman said:

Previously with the quick menus I would be able to see at a glance how many TI's I had enabled, my mentality and my team shape - now all of that information is hidden behind another drop-down click.  Of course I should be able to remember all of this information but sometimes I don't, and it was very useful to have a reminder right there in front of me.

100% agree with this. I miss seeing which mentality my team is set at without having to do another click. 

As you said, I know it is something I should remember but I do tend to forget from time to time.

Hopefully this could be 'fixed' by a custom skin if SI don't change it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...