Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, corneille said:
5 hours ago, corneille said:

Can you still assign a scout to two assignments? I.E scout a nation and a competition at the same time

Anyone know?

I didn't try it last night so don't know for certain but from working with the screens I suspect not.

For each scout they have a prior assignment, current assignment & next assignment.  They only seem to work on one at a time.

Also the two options seem to have been merged to some degree as when you scout a nation the scout has to actually go and watch matches before getting any results.  I tried to scout a nation in preseason last night and after three weeks had zero results as there had been no matches.  So basically scouting a nation seems to be "Scout all competitions within that nation" which probably makes more sense.

Players are separate though, so scouts can have one overall general assignment and then scout individual players as well.

41 minutes ago, PHITSO said:

i really hope the skin is changed back to past FM styles. looks so tacky, especially the unnecessary capital letters at the headers of pages.

This is what I feel too.

Can we raise this in the bugs forum if it is not technically a bug?

I'm not sure this is a bug or intended behavior so I'm asking here and will report a bug if it's regarded as such.

I have a player who have a natural position as AM, MR and AMR. My issue is that he have poor ratings for every role as AM, is this the way it should be? Since he has a natural understanding of the position shouldn't at least one of the roles there be natural as well?

5Kuk7T7.png

Played a lot more this morning

Have to agree re the press conferences still to see a new/different question, If you are determined not to improve/update this feature maybe its time to make it something that can be hidden by user request?

I appreciate the assistant can take control but this really wouldn't take a lot of work to refresh at least

Just now, XaW said:

I'm not sure this is a bug or intended behavior so I'm asking here and will report a bug if it's regarded as such.

I have a player who have a natural position as AM, MR and AMR. My issue is that he have poor ratings for every role as AM, is this the way it should be? Since he has a natural understanding of the position shouldn't at least one of the roles there be natural as well?

5Kuk7T7.png

whats the chances of someone posting a screenshot of harry blackburn! still in my matchday squad in premiership with accrington on fm 17. A real professional 

(sorry off topic)

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

5Kuk7T7.png

I have seen this as well and been puzzled but do not know whether it is a bug or not?

7 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

This is what I feel too.

Can we raise this in the bugs forum if it is not technically a bug?

SI will take on board any feedback raised in the bugs section if it is sufficiently detailed as to break down precisely what it is that people don't like and what they think would look better etc.

1 minute ago, Whoarethey? said:

whats the chances of someone posting a screenshot of harry blackburn! still in my matchday squad in premiership with accrington on fm 17. A real professional 

(sorry off topic)

I've hacked your computer, mate! ;)

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Most of the game is fine, and a lot of the new features really enhance it, but for the first time since about FM08/09, the part of the game I'm now looking forward to the least is matchday. The 3D engine looks to have taken several steps back, the 2D camera is awful, you can hardly see the ball in many of the angles, the animation is way off in some places, they've taken away many of my favourite camera angles, there's no low-down behind the goal view for replays anymore, the stadium designs for lower league clubs is horrendous which ruins any immersion, and you can no longer access the main tactics screen when doing more indepth changes during a game, it's now either the quick sub option, or this horizontal pitch option.  Disappointing doesn't even cut it. :(

Could not agree more. Removing standard 2D is simply criminal IMO. Match days, like you say are now the worst part of the game for me. Terrible.

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

5Kuk7T7.png

That happened in previous versions of FM as well.

Basically the natural/accomplished side is how familiar he is with playing in that position whereas the pie chart shows how suitable his attributes are to the role.

I know on the surface it doesn't seem to make sense but when you think about it it does as you are being shown two different bits of information.

20 minutes ago, luke4387 said:

Can someone tell me if this is an issue with my laptop (it's a quad core i7 with a top Nvidia graphics card) or is it because the game is still beta?

Yup, mine having the same issue. Running on gtx1060 max-Q. Not too sure what's the problem. 3d match very stuttering. Hoping that it'll be ok once the patch is released on game launching, ie 10 November. 

1 minute ago, Karimza said:

Please could someone explain me how to set the camera the same way as at the video below?

I’ve tried Data Analyst Camera and zoom but it still was too far away :(

Thanks!

Try sideline with max. height.

Just now, Karimza said:

Please could someone explain me how to set the camera the same way as at the video below?

I’ve tried Data Analyst Camera and zoom but it still was too far away :(

Thanks!

Looks like sideline cam with the height high and camera zoom fairly high too

Not sure if I am missing something, but where do I find out how long another teams player is injured for on the players profile screen?

I'm getting two career stats bubbles in the bottom left, where one of them used to be player fitness etc. I tried selecting the drop down option on one of them to change to players fitness, but there is no option for it...

67FRope.png

At the moment, the only way I have found of finding what injury/how long they are out for another teams player.. is by hovering over the red 'inj' icon next to the players name on the squad screen.

• SI Staff
26 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Is Mesut Ozil leaving Arsenal at the end of the 17/18 to become a free agent and only Hoffenhiem being interested in signing him at all realistic or is it a bug that I should report?

Could you post this in the transfer and contract bugs forum please. If you could also upload a save to the FTP that shows the issue then that would be great. 

Cheers,

Ben

14 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

That happened in previous versions of FM as well.

Basically the natural/accomplished side is how familiar he is with playing in that position whereas the pie chart shows how suitable his attributes are to the role.

I know on the surface it doesn't seem to make sense but when you think about it it does as you are being shown two different bits of information.

I agree, but then again disagree. This is also why I posted it here instead of in the bugs section. I understand why, but at the same time it feels counter intuitive. If you are natural to playing the attacking midfielder position, but are more or less poor at playing the role are you a natural attacking midfielder?

It's like saying "I'm great playing at center back, but I can't play a center back, I'm a much better midfielder".

1 minute ago, XaW said:

I agree, but then again disagree. This is also why I posted it here instead of in the bugs section. I understand why, but at the same time it feels counter intuitive. If you are natural to playing the attacking midfielder position, but are more or less poor at playing the role are you a natural attacking midfielder?

It's like saying "I'm great playing at center back, but I can't play a center back, I'm a much better midfielder".

"I fully understand how to play in the centre back area and am comfortable playing there but it doesn't mean I'm good at it" :D

1 minute ago, Cougar2010 said:

"I fully understand how to play in the centre back area and am comfortable playing there but it doesn't mean I'm good at it" :D

"Defending? I don't know how to do that! Just because I'm a defender you can't assume I know how a defender should behave!" ;)

49 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

I didn't try it last night so don't know for certain but from working with the screens I suspect not.

For each scout they have a prior assignment, current assignment & next assignment.  They only seem to work on one at a time.

Also the two options seem to have been merged to some degree as when you scout a nation the scout has to actually go and watch matches before getting any results.  I tried to scout a nation in preseason last night and after three weeks had zero results as there had been no matches.  So basically scouting a nation seems to be "Scout all competitions within that nation" which probably makes more sense.

Players are separate though, so scouts can have one overall general assignment and then scout individual players as well.

This makes a lot of sense, I've noticed the same.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Exius said:

But my main concern are injuries, As I saw in one of the loading hints there will be 2.5 injuries per player and around 70 for a team in total in a season...:eek: Isn't it too much?:eek:  I played the first friendly against B Team and got Iniesta and Messi injured... Iniesta - broken leg, out for 5 months, and Messi - nothing serious... That's a huge disappointment, I can't imagine B Team playing against Senior squad in such a hursh way IRL...:eek: Of course B players want to make it into the first team but not at the cost of breaking a leg of the team captain.

This is actually below real life figures. 

Aw man, I just can't get a decent camera angle on 3D after spending ages with the zoom and height controls (incidentally, why can't the plus and minuses be clickable to adjust those?), and I can't use 2D at all. Why did this aspect of the game need to be changed? The options that were already there were almost perfect. Not impressed at all with this. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Aw man, I just can't get a decent camera angle on 3D after spending ages with the zoom and height controls (incidentally, why can't the plus and minuses be clickable to adjust those?), and I can't use 2D at all. Why did this aspect of the game need to be changed? The options that were already there were almost perfect. Not impressed at all with this. 

You're getting into broken record territory now Dave. I think you've made yourself pretty clear and it's obvious that this is an area a number of people aren't pleased about.

4 hours ago, Dalglish said:

What's with all the picnic benches? I can understand if these were outside the ground in a fan zone - but that close to the pitch???

picnic.jpg

In absolute fairness, I seem to remember that being the case at Wycombe's ground

1 hour ago, Jibby123 said:

I have played 4-5 hours just pre-season but am beginning to wonder if I've got £38 worth of 'improvements'. I get all the stats of pence per hour entertainment and FM is great value for money on that score, but....

For the first time I am thinking of following my own advice to say paying £38 per year is worth it. Every other year might be the way to go for me.

1 hour ago, inacion said:

So far only played 95 minutes, enough to play first match. Very positive first impressions. I'm playing with Portuguese language and find some translations missing, but I don't report on bugs forum

Haven't got access to the Beta - but following this thread with great interest.

Is it really going to take 4-5 hours to get through pre-season? Really take 95 minutes to get to first match???

What is going on that it takes this long?

I normally get through about 3 seasons in FM12 in about 4 hours. 

• SI Staff
31 minutes ago, XaW said:

Ball playing defender then? ;)

But seriously, being able to play naturally in a position does not mean you can play every role in said position. For the most simple example, Jermain Defore - ST - Target Man. 

3 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Is it really going to take 4-5 hours to get through pre-season? Really take 95 minutes to get to first match???

It depends on what you are doing. If you explore everything that is new it will take longer. 

6 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Not based on experience - and it will depend on what you do. Spend an hour messing about with scouting, maybe it will take a long time. But that's your choice.

I was through and played my first match within 10 minutes, I'd say.

4 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

This is actually below real life figures. 

Did you ever consider providing "benchmarks"? From my experience 3/4 of "frustration" this game creates tends to come from the fact that people aim for completely fantasies in every area possible and/or don't much follow half the stuff they experience on FM day in-day out including streaks, everything. There is a "legacy element" to it for sure, e.g. older releases that weren't quite as "realistic" or had AI/engine weakness that allowed to steamroll/beat the game and never look back. But it's not only legacy elements interfering. Still remember a thread in the tactics forum from a couple weeks ago where I had to point out to someone that despite the perceived "bad finishing", the forwards of the guy would (overall) convert just mighty fine. Both in the context of the game (how do other forwards do?) plus football. Unlike ten+ years ago, stats pages and such are all over the web these days, and they collect figures never shown on television too. The target audience you guys aim for is really fairly wide, and such kind of feedback as such to be expected (you can't really "blame" anyone, I guess). In particular if outside of FM virtually every football game is completely arcade fantasy either way.

2 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Ball playing defender then? ;)

But seriously, being able to play naturally in a position does not mean you can play every role in said position. For the most simple example, Jermain Defore - ST - Target Man. 

I agree, but I think you misunderstood. This was an issue of having a natural position, but not being good at any role in the position. As the screenshot earlier stated. He is natural in the AM position, but he is rather poor at every role there.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, XaW said:

I agree, but I think you misunderstood. This was an issue of having a natural position, but not being good at any role in the position. As the screenshot earlier stated. He is natural in the AM position, but he is rather poor at every role there.

Ah yes indeed. Those ratings are relative, so he is poor compared to the other players that also play that position.

4 minutes ago, Cap'nRad said:

Any chance of this being fixed or is this how the M.E will be come release?

Hopefully not, as it is an entirely arbitrary "experiment" which you only ever see in training drills and hardly ever in real football. FM aims to simulate "normal" football, and 2 defenders against 6 attackers is not common enough for SI to expend much dev time modelling.