Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just had the transfer window closed and deadline day had none of the usual graphics that go with it. If i didnt know any better id have thought it was a normal day... Didnt even have the red box in the calendar to indicate the window was closing.

Is processing through days slightly slower on 18.0.3 or am i imagining it?

Edited by ChelseaSince86

Defending body shape is odd. Scenario is, opposition Mid plays ball into strikers feet in our defensive third. My CB closes down and in the challenge the ball runs back and the CB gets it under control. My FB at this point is slightly behind the CB and is facing the goal, he opens up his body and begins to shuffle across to open up some space, but then turns and runs towards the corner. The CB then plays a square pass which hits the FB on the heel which the opposition striker then picks up and crosses into goal and they  score.

The FB should have continued to face the play and run backwards opening up to receive and then play forward.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

I've just noticed that when starting unemployed and doing job interviews, one of the questions is 'youve never had a job before.....' and one of the possible answers is along the line of '[getting a job] is one of my main goals as a manager]'.

Bit pointless having any other main goals!

2 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

Majority of lag has gone from UI, huge thumbs up.  Calendar still seems to have issues to me

here is almost 50 seconds to do everything in match.

Edit: I miss the option, in long set pieces, of "play quick"

Edited by thiagoanjo

26 minutes ago, telV7 said:

Defending body shape is odd. Scenario is, opposition Mid plays ball into strikers feet in our defensive third. My CB closes down and in the challenge the ball runs back and the CB gets it under control. My FB at this point is slightly behind the CB and is facing the goal, he opens up his body and begins to shuffle across to open up some space, but then turns and runs towards the corner. The CB then plays a square pass which hits the FB on the heel which the opposition striker then picks up and crosses into goal and they  score.

The FB should have continued to face the play and run backwards opening up to receive and then play forward.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

If you think its an issue you need to raise a bug report and a new thread. Might get missed here

Starting to get used to the game now especially with the tactics. Found a tactic that works with my team (Man Utd). Close down more, tight marking, run at defence, more direct passing, pump balls in box, cross from both sides. Won a couple of games 6-1 and 4-0 while playing this tactic. 4-1-2-3 DM wide formation.

So instead of clicking on the jerseys of players on the tactical pitch to pull up their attributes you can hover over the i but the attributes for the position and role aren't highlighted. That's a regression... let's try to avoid those. And here's what appears to be a bug. For players on the right side of the formation I can hover over the i and then move mouse. For players on the left side as soon as I move the mouse the pop-up disappears.

3 hours ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

I have just had the transfer window closed and deadline day had none of the usual graphics that go with it. If i didnt know any better id have thought it was a normal day... Didnt even have the red box in the calendar to indicate the window was closing.

Just went through it in my save and everything was as usual - invited to take part, the round-up, everything. If you  have any kind of lag, it may be you multi-clicked through it?! Otherwise sounds bug-ish.

2 hours ago, bulletsponge01 said:

My team Carlisle United doesnt have a reserve team/u-21 team. will there be an option to make on for them at a later date in the game? btw theyve always had one in previous versions

Glad it's not just me! Inverness Caley Thistle here. Have to keep arranging friendlies to keep fringe players fit.

There's lack of clarity/a possible discrepancy in staff search criteria. When I do an advanced search for say staff role is coach or preferred job is coach in the quick search tab what I see is staff role coach and additional conditions preferred job is coach. I could brush this aside although it's not ideal, but I had a search during which I disabled one of the two criteria and I got an additional result, which shouldn't happen. Also, what happened to moving criteria up and down in order to use the and and or logical operators correctly?

Edited by serif

Some observations from my first save:

First, what is up with Man City. They start the game this year almost completely broke just like last year. For one of two teams owned by a country, how can they have no money in the bank? 

In my first play through, both Guardiola and Sarri have both been sacked by their respective clubs. So two of the best managers in world football are gone in the first two months of the season. Something is seriously wrong with this. Some of us want to put ourselves against the best managers in the game and it is almost gamebreaking to me that this happens just like it did last year. I don't think Guardiola lasted past Christmas in any of my saves in FM2017. I started a save in Italy to play against the likes of Sari and he is gone within 2 months. 

A.C. Milan have a loan debt of 115 million to start the game and it is scheduled to be payed off completely in less than a year and a half. So I am getting a monthly debt of 8.4 million. It's kind of hard to run a club that will be bankrupt in 3 months. This has to be a bug. I hope.

By the middle of December as mentioned above, Guardiola and Sarri are sacked. City, Napoli, and Juve are all knocked out of the champions league in the group stages. Napoli sit in 15th in SerieA with a goal differential of -14. City are 9th in he PL, -1 goal differential. Sevilla sit atop LaLiga. In 16 games, Barcelona have 5 draws and 2 losses already and have just 32 points. 

Just how how is any of this acceptable with less than a week to go before the game officially releases?

Player pictures aren't showing up in the scouting update box until I click on the "i" information icon.  After that the picture slowly appears.  I have to do this on ever scouting update card since the new update.

Just quickly give my 5 pence worth.

I like the fact that SI have tried to improve the game, and it's not just a data update. I like the ideas, but after 2 updates, the execution still isn't there. What everyone else has said; game processes too slowly, matches take too long, you have to click too many times to do anything, players are too opposed to inexperienced managers, (realistic, but sometimes the game can't be too realistic).

Miles said on twitter that instead of wishing him a happy birthday, people should review the game, but I think this is still the beta, and it's unfair to form a final judgement on the game in its beta stage. 

But I am getting worried. This could be the first version ever , in more than 20 years, that I simply don't want to play. Wouldn't be the end of the world. Can still play FM17, but for me personally, playing FM18 is an ordeal. I'm done until Friday.

Edited by vikeologist
Oh no, I put an apostrophe in its, and now I've been quoted by Sheep and my stupidity will live on forever. It's almost as bad as not knowing the difference between disinterested and uninterested, isn't it, SI?

8 hours ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

Is processing through days slightly slower on 18.0.3 or am i imagining it?

I always feel the same. The game feels slower after the latest update.

Hi,

playing the beta now, I really like some of the new features. However I noticed that other features are gone? In last FM I'm pretty sure that I could advise my DoF to overtake the transfers and contracts of my U23 team in Germany (+staff rercruitment for U23). I was very happy about that, because it took a lot of boring work away from me. Can't I find it or is it gone?

Please say it's somewhere else :D

Why has the font size on the condition/sharpness icon been reduced so much that I can barely read it?!  The patch notes say that the numerical values have been 'added' but they were displaying before, and in a readable font size.  Odd decision.

3 minutes ago, Domathon said:

my transfer window closing on 16th august with my first premiere league game on the 19th (2nd season of beta)

And what's wrong with that? Isn't this what the Premier League clubs voted to be adopted?

"Create a club" mode: can't add players. The button is red and while I can search and find players and see the corresponding budget cost, when pressed nothing happens. Can create players fine.

I thought it was because I had first transfer window disabled. Restarted. Same.

I thought maybe because the preseason starting date was before the transfer window. Restarted.  Same.

Is this a bug? Something wrong with adding existing footballers in create club mode?

Edited by NicholasZ

1 minute ago, gregdfc said:

Trying to make a 2x subs during the match, and when you make the first sub, all the names from your players on the bench go away? 

Yeah noticed that last night, could you post this issue in the bug section, if it hasn't been reported yet? Take pics and pkms please, I cannot do it because I am not in game right now. Thanks.

• SI Staff
14 hours ago, serif said:

It's a Bulgarian team.

Also, is Sports Science a significant attribute for physios, including head physio, or does it apply only to Sports Scientists?

The Sports Science attribute is used for various functions, all of which are performed by your Sports Scientist by default, but if you have no SS the Physio will take over using his own Sports Science attribute.

Playing as Chelsea, come to register my squad for the Champions League and it will only let me select one player!! I select whoever, say Fabregas and then it won't let me select any other player. So, great I have one player selected for my champions league squad.

Any idea's??