Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

• SI Staff
9 minutes ago, Pizza Lips said:

Just had a major buggy match with 30 shots on target and getting beat 1-0 in the last min. i made a sub via tactics at half time and it took till 80mins to actually replace the guy i picked.... Brilliant.

Also, game crashed right after full time for no apparent reason.

LOVE THIS YEARS RELEASE!!

Could you please post your issues in our bugs forum so that we can investigate.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Pizza Lips said:

Just had a major buggy match with 30 shots on target and getting beat 1-0 in the last min. i made a sub via tactics at half time and it took till 80mins to actually replace the guy i picked.... Brilliant.

None of that actually happened though, did it? 

Just now, Pizza Lips said:

Yes, it did.

30 shots on target in one game whilst managing St Mirren? Unless you're using the wildest tactic ever - never happening. 

Sub you made at half time not coming on until 80 mins - Definitely didn't happen as half time subs are instantaneous, unlike when you make them in-game. 

Game crashed at end of match = Rage quit because you lost a game. 

Nice try, though. 

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

30 shots on target in one game whilst managing St Mirren? Unless you're using the wildest tactic ever - never happening. 

Sub you made at half time not coming on until 80 mins - Definitely didn't happen as half time subs are instantaneous, unlike when you make them in-game. 

Game crashed at end of match = Rage quit because you lost a game. 

Nice try, though. 

Against Albion Rovers in the Betfred Cup? Quite easy for that to be the outcome. 15 shots each half vs a poor side with my attacking front four. Not far away from the norm to be a lie.

Ryan Hardie for Gavin Reilly at half time.. Didn't appear until the 80th Minute. Gavin Reilly had a shot off the post shortly after half time.

Game quit right after the team talk - which i left to my assistant.

Quite a reasonable outcome of an FM match in terms of stats tbh and a disappointing crash of the game - if you read the forum, there's been plenty of crashes - but if you fancy accusing me of wasting my Friday night on a Football Manager forum making up lies for no apparent reason - You fire away son x :lol: 

• SI Staff
Just now, Pizza Lips said:

Against Albion Rovers in the Betfred Cup? Quite easy for that to be the outcome. 15 shots each half vs a poor side with my attacking front four. Not far away from the norm to be a lie.

Ryan Hardie for Gavin Reilly at half time.. Didn't appear until the 80th Minute. Gavin Reilly had a shot off the post shortly after half time.

Game quit right after the team talk - which i left to my assistant.

Quite a reasonable outcome of an FM match in terms of stats tbh and a disappointing crash of the game - if you read the forum, there's been plenty of crashes - but if you fancy accusing me of wasting my Friday night on a Football Manager forum making up lies for no apparent reason - You fire away son x :lol: 

upload.png

Regarding your substitute issue and crash, could you please head over to our bugs forum and get those logged so that we can investigate?

27 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

I'm waiting for full release myself mate, just got a random save going at the moment to test the game out a bit but I'll probably get attached to it :D

Wouldn't want a bug to mess something up in my game that I'm planning to play for months, however small it may be.

Now i'm even more in the dark :) . unless someone convinces me to start my long save on the beta..

1 minute ago, Seb Wassell said:

upload.png

Regarding your substitute issue and crash, could you please head over to our bugs forum and get those logged so that we can investigate?

What's your Dortmund stats got to do with anything ?

43 minutes ago, Pizza Lips said:

The fact you had 30 shots on goal and lost 1-0 has nothing to do with the bug of your sub not coming on.

Honestly don't know where to start with this game.  

I've played FM since the CM days, being 41 years old, that's a long time.  This has got to be the hardest FM i have ever played.  

I realise SI are trying to make it more realistic as each year goes by, but after 4 different careers started on FM18 (4 sackings), either I'm losing the plot due to old age or the game is just to difficult for me.

The tactics and player roles just don't seem to work for me.  I've tried 4-4-2, 4-3-2-1, 4-1-4-1, 3-5-2, I've tried to players in their favoured roles, but to no avail.

The amount of missed open goals, hitting the bar, hitting the post and offside goals is amazing.

Started my season as I always do as Heart of Midlothian manager.  By Xmas I was  bottom of the league, without a win in 13 and was booted out.  OK, I thought, lets try again.  Started a new career, same thing happened.  I tried different tactics, signed a couple of cracking players but still no joy.

So, i thought lets start a game unemployed with no expectation to manager a team in a top division.  Wexford in the Irish 1st division offered me an opportunity.  I joined them and went on a run of 11 games without a win.  Resigned, joined Derry City and now I'm on a 9 game winless streak.

Before I throw my PC out of the window, is it just me or is anyone else finding this extremely challenging to the point of impossible and no fun?

51 minutes ago, stevemc said:

This has happened again today, even though my graphic settings are the highest possible. I'm on a Mac.

Is this a bug, or are they disabled on the Beta around the pitch? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall? Is my graphics card not good enough? I'm at a loss on this.

Happened to me the other day after I installed a graphics pack with ads in it. I deleted the ads folder and they worked again. Don't know if it was deleting the folder or restarting that fixed it.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, paulmotion said:

Honestly don't know where to start with this game.  

I've played FM since the CM days, being 41 years old, that's a long time.  This has got to be the hardest FM i have ever played.  

I realise SI are trying to make it more realistic as each year goes by, but after 4 different careers started on FM18 (4 sackings), either I'm losing the plot due to old age or the game is just to difficult for me.

The tactics and player roles just don't seem to work for me.  I've tried 4-4-2, 4-3-2-1, 4-1-4-1, 3-5-2, I've tried to players in their favoured roles, but to no avail.

The amount of missed open goals, hitting the bar, hitting the post and offside goals is amazing.

Started my season as I always do as Heart of Midlothian manager.  By Xmas I was  bottom of the league, without a win in 13 and was booted out.  OK, I thought, lets try again.  Started a new career, same thing happened.  I tried different tactics, signed a couple of cracking players but still no joy.

So, i thought lets start a game unemployed with no expectation to manager a team in a top division.  Wexford in the Irish 1st division offered me an opportunity.  I joined them and went on a run of 11 games without a win.  Resigned, joined Derry City and now I'm on a 9 game winless streak.

Before I throw my PC out of the window, is it just me or is anyone else finding this extremely challenging to the point of impossible and no fun?

Perhaps post in our Tactics forum - https://community.sigames.com/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/ - there is some useful information and knowledgeable people in there.

1 minute ago, paulmotion said:

Load up a save on FMT and have a play about with different tactics. There's no tactical familiarity in that version of the game, so you can chop and change to your heart's content. I've used that method to experiment with loads of different set ups. 

9 minutes ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Pretty sure on FM17 you could readily see the strength of each foot. Right Very Strong, Left Weak for example.

I can't find a reference to weaker foot anywhere on FM18. 

It's still hidden away in the same place it was on 17 - under the Development tab select 'tactics'.  Why it's all the way over there SI only knows, for me that's quite interesting information.  One wonders whether it's actually that important, given the way you have to dig around to find it.

Edited by Flashman

12 minutes ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Pretty sure on FM17 you could readily see the strength of each foot. Right Very Strong, Left Weak for example.

I can't find a reference to weaker foot anywhere on FM18. 

On a player's profile, go to the development tab at the top and select tactics. The info is there. That's where it was last year as well IIRC 

1 hour ago, monkeywool said:

Happened to me the other day after I installed a graphics pack with ads in it. I deleted the ads folder and they worked again. Don't know if it was deleting the folder or restarting that fixed it.

I did have ads in my graphics folder, as I just copied it over from FM17.

So are custom adboards not supported in FM18 then?

7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

On a player's profile, go to the development tab at the top and select tactics. The info is there. That's where it was last year as well IIRC 

Thank you.

Forgot, I used a skin last year that displayed it prominently.

13 minutes ago, stevemc said:

I did have ads in my graphics folder, as I just copied it over from FM17.

So are custom adboards not supported in FM18 then?

Animated ones aren't currently, or at least people haven't figured it out yet.

7 minutes ago, monkeywool said:

Animated ones aren't currently, or at least people haven't figured it out yet.

The ones in my original FM17 folder were not animated, just the standard still ad boards.

Doesn't make any sense :mad:

1 hour ago, Pizza Lips said:

What's your Dortmund stats got to do with anything ?

Those are stats from a real life game. I believe he was pointing out that just because you take more shots, or had more shots on target, doesn't mean you deserve to score more goals, or even win the match. It just means you took more shots. This has always been a thing in FM, because its a thing in real life. Like those stats he posted.

13 minutes ago, monkeywool said:

Yeah, it is weird. Adding static ad boards break the animated. Someone will figure it out post release, I'm sure.

Can anyone from SI confirm if the coding has changed from FM17 to FM18 for the pitch side adboards?

Thanks

Just been promoted into the SPL with QOTS with my squad of super loans, only got 20 actual players on the books of whom 11 are youth players - so only really 9.

I can scroll my transfer budget up to £1.2 million - despite not selling a player for a feesince game started.

FWIW, a club of a comparable size, St. Johnstone, IRL hasn't paid a fee for a player since 2009.

Yawn.

14 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

Just been promoted into the SPL with QOTS with my squad of super loans, only got 20 actual players on the books of whom 11 are youth players - so only really 9.

I can scroll my transfer budget up to £1.2 million - despite not selling a player for a feesince game started.

FWIW, a club of a comparable size, St. Johnstone, IRL hasn't paid a fee for a player since 2009.

Yawn.

im guessing you aren't overly delighted at your achievement?

I have done what I am supposed to do and reported 3 bugs.

1 report was dealt with and that is good.

The other two are just sitting there and being ignored.

One of the bugs is going to effect the game all the time for me and I want it fixed but no one has even replied

Why should I report any more bugs if they are not going to be even acknowledged?

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I have done what I am supposed to do and reported 3 bugs.

1 report was dealt with and that is good.

The other two are just sitting there and being ignored.

One of the bugs is going to effect the game all the time for me and I want it fixed but no one has even replied

Why should I report any more bugs if they are not going to be even acknowledged?

Maybe you should be more patient? Posting bugs is great but SI can't respond to them immediately. Just because a bug isn't replied to doesn't necessarily mean it's being ignored, but it might not be as high priority to SI as it is to you.