Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
1 minute ago, XaW said:

The UI feels a bit....slowish? Compared to FM17 (I played earlier today) and FM18 is not as responsive as FM17 when pressing buttons. It seems like it to me at least. I don't know if the specs are much higher than FM17 though...

Any specific buttons? May be worth raising in the UI forums for us - https://community.sigames.com/forum/567-user-interface/

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

Cheers mate, nice one

EDIT - I cant find the option to change it to no package. There is a slider but its always enforcing a spend.

On Player Search where it displays your 'Scouting Package' near the top left, click that to bring up the option of various packages. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Chris21 said:

Everything looking pretty damn good so far.

Just one question though, when on the dark skin in the scouting section the screen or the main part of the screen should I say is white? Is that meant to be like that?

Please raise it on the UI bugs forum - https://community.sigames.com/forum/567-user-interface/

Thanks. 

See on this part of the tactics screen, it shows you can now use preset player instructions for a position or create your own. But both let you edit them, and the personalised ones don't get rid of the presets. I might be missing something, but what is the point of this? 

pis.JPG

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

See on this part of the tactics screen, it shows you can now use preset player instructions for a position or create your own. But both let you edit them, and the personalised ones don't get rid of the presets. I might be missing something, but what is the point of this? 

pis.JPG

The personalised ones aren't for you as the manager, they are for that particular player.

Just now, Cougar2010 said:

The personalised ones aren't for you as the manager, they are for that particular player.

Right, so if you choose position, then regardless of who plays in that position/role, those instructions will stick? Whereas you can choose to also have specific ones for players?

1 minute ago, luka_ said:

- Generated player & staff portraits disabled

so does this means i don't have to bother with facepacks or is it something else?

It means the facegen ones - ones used for regens. Real players should still use the photos if they are a licensed player or you add your own.

2 minutes ago, luka_ said:

- Generated player & staff portraits disabled

so does this means i don't have to bother with facepacks or is it something else?

...and does it mean I'll have to start a new game upon full release if I want a manager picture?

Right, so if you choose position, then regardless of who plays in that position/role, those instructions will stick? Whereas you can choose to also have specific ones for players?

Yes it's the same as previous versions its just been brought forward so you know it exists - personalized instructions will only apply to that player - for example if you picked the personalised option for Darren Smith and changed him to a Winger, he'd use the winger role but anyone else you added would use the Inside Forward role if you hadn't set them personalised instructions.

Just now, Blitz-Matt said:

There's a pecil icon on the image your manager profile screen... I'm guessing we can add it at a later date? Can anyone confirm?

It's not possible to add a manager picture. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Blitz-Matt said:

There's a pecil icon on the image your manager profile screen... I'm guessing we can add it at a later date? Can anyone confirm?

You can edit your appearance as you go on if you wish. So change those clothes up for Winter ;) 

1 minute ago, Blitz-Matt said:

Yes you can edit the manager when you want. (Should be a tweet from Miles around where he says you can now change your tie colour when you want for example).

Yes, you can set instructions for either the position or an individual player.

So for an AML you could set it by position, choose the role/duty and add any extra PIs and any player that plays there will play that role/duty etc unless you change it.

or you can set it by player.  So say you had two different AMLs that you rotate you could set each up with their own individual role/duty/extra PIs.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, chob said:

The game seems to run much slower than 17. Also I seem to struggle with saving a 2nd or 3rd tactic on the tactics screen.

The game looks good, just lost my first match 2-1.

Please raise any issues on the bugs forum in the relevant area and hopefully we can help - https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-pre-release-beta-bugs-forum/

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Blitz-Matt said:

Thank you both for your replies. My issue is the black silhouette; I don't have a manager picture at all

Yeah that's because the generated images are disabled as stated within the build notes. Thanks. 

Whoop! 13mb per second. Expected this to be real slow tonight. Job done, time to mess around with an international team while I observe the games changes.

No career before editor for me. 11 subs on the bench and strict home grown rules for my long term saves.

Playing on Mac book Pro and the txt is very pixelated and blurry. Why can i only choose the option (1280 x 800) for the resolution? Last years version was fine. Looks horrific and very blurry. Tried this on 85% 95% and 100% and all the same for zoom out text. 

Please offer a solution, unplayable for me on this setting.

Just now, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Playing on Mac book Pro and the txt is very pixelated and blurry. Why can i only choose the option (1280 x 800) for the resolution? Last years version was fine. Looks horrific and very blurry. Tried this on 85% 95% and 100% and all the same for zoom out text. 

Please offer a solution, unplayable for me on this setting.

This is a known issue and mentioned in the beta release thread. Bear in mind that this is a beta version, which is still a work in progress.

2 minutes ago, KUBI said:

This is a known issue and mentioned in the beta release thread. Bear in mind that this is a beta version, which is still a work in progress.

Thank you, sorry never checked in that section. Glad it has been raised and hopefully getting sorted. Appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Blitz-Matt said:

This is what I'd like to know please

Ok obviously I don't work for SI but from what Miles said earlier about being able to edit your manager appearance at any point during the game, I'd hazard a guess that you WILL be able to.

Blurry as heck on 2560 × 1440  as well as True 4K 4096 × 2160? Neither are Apple incidentally, I'm with the 90% market share that is windows.

Having a look on one of my laptops next - 1080p - see what that looks like.

Seem to recall FM17 looking a bit naff at 2560 × 1440

Edited by LCpl

19 minutes ago, toon army 06 said:

I'm planning a Newcastle save & a Scottish Tycoon, if anyone gets a Scottish tycoon let me know please.

diame is worth 17mil and joselu is worth 14mil im gona buy like 3 players from the brazil u23 squad :)))