AI manager adopts the use of my own tactic

Bobby_Zamora

I have searched the forum, but I was unable to find any suggestion in these lines.

After having success in FM and becoming a well-known manager, I'd like to see the AI using my tactics! It is an improvement if it is just the shape with context (defensive, attacking, etc).

Why?

1. Managers copy each other a lot

2. Successful managers are heavily studied and their patterns are mimicked throughout football

For instance, if I am getting a lot of success with an asymmetrical 1-2-3-2-1-1, I would like to see some managers using it too.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this, but it could just have been new managers and not old managers changing. Not sure if its because of what I was doing, or something else like new managers as I said. But I used a 4-3-1-2 for a long time in a save and lots of success, and rarely saw anyone else using it. Then after about 7-8 seasons, I started seeing lots of teams using it. About half the teams in my league used it, and everyone I played in Europe was using it, when they played me.

47 minutes ago, oulzac said:

I'm pretty sure I've seen this, but it could just have been new managers and not old managers changing. Not sure if its because of what I was doing, or something else like new managers as I said. But I used a 4-3-1-2 for a long time in a save and lots of success, and rarely saw anyone else using it. Then after about 7-8 seasons, I started seeing lots of teams using it. About half the teams in my league used it, and everyone I played in Europe was using it, when they played me.

I see, so they pick up a 'formation trend'.

However, they never pick up unusual tactics and, more importantly, *my* tactics :)

I have used asymmetric tactics for way too long and have never seen an AI manager mimic it.

8 minutes ago, Bobby_Zamora said:

I see, so they pick up a 'formation trend'.

However, they never pick up unusual tactics and, more importantly, *my* tactics :)

I have used asymmetric tactics for way too long and have never seen an AI manager mimic it.

Might have to be in the default database for an AI manager to use it but yes formations do change over time with managers switching to formations used by successful teams and have done for many FM versions.

I did a tactical analysis for someone on FM17 (or FM16?) and it turns out he couldn't win one match because the AI copied his successful tactic, but used better roles and duties than he did. :D

4 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

I did a tactical analysis for someone on FM17 (or FM16?) and it turns out he couldn't win one match because the AI copied his successful tactic, but used better roles and duties than he did. :D

was that tactic asymmetric? i've seen AI copying tactics in the database if they are sucessful over a long period but not asymmetrical tactics.

i wish they could do asymetric tactics as well...

30 minutes ago, andu1 said:

was that tactic asymmetric? i've seen AI copying tactics in the database if they are sucessful over a long period but not asymmetrical tactics.

i wish they could do asymetric tactics as well...

It was indeed. That's how the user noticed it was copied.

I've seen the AI managers switching to trending tactics. Might that be a country thing? I saw 2 changing to a 4231 as soon as they moved from Italy and Spain to Arsenal and Tottenham. Well, that might not be related anyway, and that is not the point.

I know they switch preferred tactics. The reason for my request is that I've been using 2 different systems for 50+ years and I have never seen *any* AI manager copy it. That is unrealistic.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a very good suggestion. 

This means that if you have played with a good tactic for ages and it works, others start to copy it and force you to evolve your own more as well. 

But if the copy tactics starts to take place I hope they aren't set to blue copying it. Cause other managers wouldn't know all aspects of what is happening at the training field, but only what they see happening on a match day. Also another manager would also always put his/her own flavour and style onto an adopted tactic. 

• 1 year later...

Archived