How many of you still use 2D Classic?

Around this time of year a lot of attention seems to be around the improved 3D graphics and how accurate a representation they are.

Any other managers out there stick with the old 2D Classic match view by choice rather than spec issues? I watch the replays in 2D too, can't be just me.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Smurf said:

3D all the time. 

It's only a representation of what happened in the match. I find it easier to watch than 2D as it gives some life to the game rather than watching dots run around the pitch.

See when I tried 3D I found the opposite.

I understood that the game engine was feeding the same information to the 3D representation as 2D but mistakes just looked so much more stark and ridiculous when it's actual players. Things like missed tackles looked beyond belief.

I find I get less frustrated with 2D!

Ye i always use 3D because it looks better then dots but it can be frustrating sometimes but sometimes it makes me laugh when something Stupid Happends

When Using 2D you do have a better look at where your players are and you will see it faster when someone is not at the position where he should be etc.

Still i Prefer 3D and look at mistakes after the game

Commentary only, fastest speed. 

Have never had a good enough computer to go all out on the match engine. These days I'm able to watch the goal replays in 3D albeit on low settings. 

18 looks really good, I doubt I'd be able to get the full 3D glory but I'd certainly love to watch it like that. 

Guest El Payaso

I recommend testing split screen with the pitch on one side and the game stats on other side. Makes an impression that you are not playing on a plane runway. 

On 10/22/2017 at 20:46, Keyzer Soze said:

2D classic. 

Can't get enough of those little dots. 

Sometimes, big games, cup finals, I turn on replays with the 3D.

Same here mate! 2D for me all day, I'll maybe watch the match in 3D if it's a derby game or a game where I might win the league or a cup final but 2D 95% of the time!

3D. I started playing FM when there was 3D. It never occurred to me to play 2D. I know some people like it because they can see how their tactics work better. For me, if I need to see the whole pitch, there are camera angles for that for 3D (especially now with FM18). And most things, you actually see better in 3D, what type of shots, the passes, the movements - animations vs. some dots.

Interesting to see there's very little love on the thread for the more modern 2D setting. Seems as though most either use 3D or the classic 2D. Why is this? 

I like to mix things up, so I'll use 2D/2D classic on some saves and 3D on others. When I use 3D, I'll pick a camera angle and stick to it throughout the save. That way, when I'm thinking about old saves, I can visualise it. 

i use 2D because it's the only way where you can see exactly where your players are what is happening on the pitch. It's the only view where you can understand your team's tactics. 3D is just aesthetics and I watch it for goals.

2D classic FTW!!

I usually start each new version of FM in 3D to enjoy the new graphics and animations. However, usually I’m quickly back to 2D when I really need to focus on my tactics. I’m a manager who prefers the Directors Box to the Dugout!

I’m sure I saw on one of the FMTV vids a new camera angle which was almost like the Directors Box?  If this does turn out to be the case I might give that a go in FM18

36 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

Seems like an overwhelming majority favour the 2D match engine over 3D in this topic.

Maybe SI should be investing their efforts in other areas of the game, rather than concentrating so much on 3D.

That opinion has been raised before, however it must be said that most of the more "casual" gamers don't visit these forums and these are the people who are more likely to use 3D.

SI have said in the past that the vast majority of FM players never visit the forums and I guess that these and new gamers are the target market for graphical improvements