[FM18] E22 - England to Level 22

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

My season ticket sales have increased by about 2 per season and overall attendances up and down but by level 17 was about 150, the highest in the league.

Sounds like I'm on the same track.

When i say my average attendance has dropped - that's my overall average attendance, including cups.  I guess that's just down to luck of the draw for the location of the cup matches.  My league attendance was at 134 this season (L19), which I believe has been slowly increasing.

The one thing I have yet to see in FM18 is one of those special days where the board decides to sell half-price tickets to get more fans to a specific match and depending on your club's performance you could gain a permanent increase in attendance.  That would be nice, but maybe they are just happy with the attendance levels as-is.

6 minutes ago, jwchriste said:

Sounds like I'm on the same track.

When i say my average attendance has dropped - that's my overall average attendance, including cups.  I guess that's just down to luck of the draw for the location of the cup matches.  My league attendance was at 134 this season (L19), which I believe has been slowly increasing.

The one thing I have yet to see in FM18 is one of those special days where the board decides to sell half-price tickets to get more fans to a specific match and depending on your club's performance you could gain a permanent increase in attendance.  That would be nice, but maybe they are just happy with the attendance levels as-is.

Maybe that's not factored in at levels lower than Vanarama North/South. Your attendances do seem par for the course.

I was finding that with no outgoings, I was banking 10K per season and had a 30K warchest for upgrades when the board suddenly went pro and we went from +30K to -60K overnight with no chance of ever improving facilities.

Anyone know if I should have cup competitions in the Humber Premier Division One? There's none all season, the same for the Humber Prem but i've checked other region leagues and they do have cups... Also seen the amount of cup competitions a lot of you guys are in and was worried there might be a bug, unless the creator just left them out?

1 minute ago, TerrenceG17 said:

Anyone know if I should have cup competitions in the Humber Premier Division One? There's none all season, the same for the Humber Prem but i've checked other region leagues and they do have cups... Also seen the amount of cup competitions a lot of you guys are in and was worried there might be a bug, unless the creator just left them out?

I'm in the editor now. I just see the two leagues, no cups.

1 minute ago, phnompenhandy said:

I'm in the editor now. I just see the two leagues, no cups.

Can you check the level progression and let me know when cups are implemented please? I believe the Northern Counties East League Division 1 is the league above Humber prem.

7 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

It's fantastic to see, I just needed a break away from the thread!

I've been thinking about what I can do to make the database new and fresh so thought about the full Level 14/15 file

It's a brilliant database @Dan BHTFC.  I'd vote for a full 14/15 database, with only the Mid-Sussex FL down to L22 if that simplifies things.  I'll probably play whatever you put out though.

5 hours ago, TerrenceG17 said:

Can you check the level progression and let me know when cups are implemented please? I believe the Northern Counties East League Division 1 is the league above Humber prem.

Humber Div 1 is Level12

Humber Premier is Level 11

There's a Northern Counties East Division 1 at Level 10 that has Humberside teams. Promotion to the Premier Div at Level 9, Evo-Stick One at L8, Evo-Stick Prem L7, Vanarama north L6. I can't see which cups right now as I only have the editor open, not the game.

9 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Humber Div 1 is Level12

Humber Premier is Level 11

There's a Northern Counties East Division 1 at Level 10 that has Humberside teams. Promotion to the Premier Div at Level 9, Evo-Stick One at L8, Evo-Stick Prem L7, Vanarama north L6. I can't see which cups right now as I only have the editor open, not the game.

There is a few cups at them levels

7 minutes ago, JarmiLackow said:

Hello guys :) Someone help to me how to add a logo for Fairwarp ?? I dont know the ID's.. :( 

Turn on ID's in preferences and you'll see it in the titlebar of 'club' screen.

6 hours ago, lionel messi said:

There is a few cups at them levels

There's none for any teams in the Humber Prem Division One and Humber Premier - just hoping this changes once i'm into the Northern Counties Leagues as i like my saves to be as realistic as possible...

5 minutes ago, TerrenceG17 said:

There's none for any teams in the Humber Prem Division One and Humber Premier - just hoping this changes once i'm into the Northern Counties Leagues as i like my saves to be as realistic as possible...

I have played the Northern Counties East leagues and there are cups there

2 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

there is the northern counties east league cup at that level.

at the very least.

I am sure there is the county cups too

So tonight’s the night lads I’m starting with the mighty Fairwarp n there is no goin back I’ll keep ye updated on my progress trough d leagues level 22 to premier league bring it on.

52 minutes ago, Pa FM said:

So tonight’s the night lads I’m starting with the mighty Fairwarp n there is no goin back I’ll keep ye updated on my progress trough d leagues level 22 to premier league bring it on.

Off ye go. I'm nearly done faffing about in the editor. Will do a holiday run tomorrow and all being well will start a new campaign within the next 24 hours.

1 hour ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

I'm concerned with this file if teams are turning professional so low down the pyramid.

I think @phnompenhandy is the only one that's seen that, and he monkeys around in the editor, adding and removing teams, so it was probably something he unintentionally caused.  

1 hour ago, jwchriste said:

I think @phnompenhandy is the only one that's seen that, and he monkeys around in the editor, adding and removing teams, so it was probably something he unintentionally caused.  

Yes, very much this. I'm about to restart - I'll be intrigued to see if it happens to me again after even more noodling!

The Mid Sussex Football League Division Five schedule is insane.  6 cup competitions!  I'm half-way through the league season and have already played 22 matches.  Matches every Sat-Wed-Sat-Wed-Sat-Wed...

Amazingly, I've only had a couple of serious injuries so far.  Fingers crossed!

Just now, jwchriste said:

The Mid Sussex Football League Division Five schedule is insane.  6 cup competitions!  I'm half-way through the league season and have already played 22 matches.  Matches every Sat-Wed-Sat-Wed-Sat-Wed...

Yeh, pray you don't get a winter wipe-out - I did!

5 hours ago, jwchriste said:

it is like that most seasons though at some point, wait till we start playing more league games to go with it lol

18 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

I have played the Northern Counties East leagues and there are cups there

That's great then, first couple of seasons (presuming i get back to back promotions) with a low amount of matches then into the cups, i couldn't imagine playing sat-wed-sat-wed. My players match sharpness is shocking unless they're a regular starter. Something that obviously will change once more games are played though. 

Absolutely loving this database though, as i've played saturday and sunday league football in Hull all my life i'm coming up against a load of teams i've played againts IRL, even my ex-team Hessle Rangers - with all the grounds correct as well it's really enjoyable. Great work @Dan BHTFC!

Right, as soon as my file is verified, I'm in. I've spent 2 sold days in the editor with barely 3 hours sleep in that time. In many ways I have more fun in the editor than playing the damn game! I'm running a holiday season where my team is doing really badly whilst verifying the file after I added manager and player movement updates. I'm using ScoutGenie to find anomalies such as noticing some clubs I've added to the pyramid at Vanarama level start with eight-figure balances so I'll raid their piggy-banks. I also notice that my players are very poor compared to the other L22 sides. That's challenging enough, but in addition I'm going to add a personal challenge to only ever bring in players aged 18 or below.

What I've done, to immerse myself in the experience as I lack Terrence's personal knowledge, is to put teams from places I know into the structure. I guess it's a way of keeping a personal connection to places I miss, as a long term exile. What it means is I spend more time ploughing through the results of other leagues and keeping a keen eye on the Premier League than I do focusing on my own club.  Progress will therefore be pretty slow, but hopefully I'll keep going with this. I'd like to think it'll be my save for the next nine months until Dan gives birth to his next baby!

2 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Right, as soon as my file is verified, I'm in. I've spent 2 sold days in the editor with barely 3 hours sleep in that time. In many ways I have more fun in the editor than playing the damn game! I'm running a holiday season where my team is doing really badly whilst verifying the file after I added manager and player movement updates. I'm using ScoutGenie to find anomalies such as noticing some clubs I've added to the pyramid at Vanarama level start with eight-figure balances so I'll raid their piggy-banks. I also notice that my players are very poor compared to the other L22 sides. That's challenging enough, but in addition I'm going to add a personal challenge to only ever bring in players aged 18 or below.

What I've done, to immerse myself in the experience as I lack Terrence's personal knowledge, is to put teams from places I know into the structure. I guess it's a way of keeping a personal connection to places I miss, as a long term exile. What it means is I spend more time ploughing through the results of other leagues and keeping a keen eye on the Premier League than I do focusing on my own club.  Progress will therefore be pretty slow, but hopefully I'll keep going with this. I'd like to think it'll be my save for the next nine months until Dan gives birth to his next baby!

Best of luck mate I’ve jus bagged Carruthers Alban Jones n Downey recruiting players is easy but to find the right ones is hard

1 minute ago, Pa FM said:

Best of luck mate I’ve jus bagged Carruthers Alban Jones n Downey recruiting players is easy but to find the right ones is hard

I'm scouting around now. Will spend hours trying to improve my squad with teenage freebies. Could take me all night!

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Reached 300 games in management.

Capture.thumb.JPG.15d108227f5ffb385043700ca6eeb9e1.JPG

Nice going mate Fairwarp are goin to have a lot of club legends after this database.Even Jose n pep would be jealous of that CV

On 10/06/2018 at 05:36, Dan BHTFC said:

Already planning a file for FM19 (I must be mad!). Looking at possibly a full Level 14/15 file

I'd love this. I never start further down anyway as I can't take the slowdown after a few seasons from all of the regen players.

Anyone know why my estimated game speed goes down to half a star when i try to make a new save with this database, I created one earlier on and that had 4 star so confused and want to start a create-a-club with this db.

25 minutes ago, TerrenceG17 said:

Anyone know why my estimated game speed goes down to half a star when i try to make a new save with this database, I created one earlier on and that had 4 star so confused and want to start a create-a-club with this db.

Have you started with a different sized database to the one before or loaded more players in?

11 minutes ago, TerrenceG17 said:

No both advanced with all english players on like the instructions say, there's around 25,000 players at the start for both.

im not sure then, there is around 147,000 players on my database and it rises a little every season and my estimated games peed is half a star also.

Archived