Not happy and trying to understand...

I am a loyal EHM player but I have been waiting for something to happen for this year and nothing... 

ever since the 1.4.0 patch the defenseman don't score like they used too and should. I can hardly get one to score 4 goals  out of a 20 goal scoring defenseman  and I am not the only one with this problem via blue line forums.

the blue line seems to be the only one working on rosters and that's fine but I have not seen anything being worked on and no info given out, feels like SEGA has given up on this game... tweet page, facebook page and this fourm seems like its been abandoned 

any kind of information about up coming patches or anything would be great.  just can't play this game if no one is working on the issues that it has. defenseman not scoring like they should makes for a unrealistic game play.

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎10 at 16:07, robinsonsteve77 said:

I can hardly get one to score 4 goals  out of a 20 goal scoring defenseman  and I am not the only one with this problem via blue line forums.

I don't recall posts about D not being able to score 4 goals in a season; the issue I do recall is the 2-3 D per year IRL that score 70+ points doesn't happen in EHM (and recent testing I did on this validated this)

The current TBL Challenge shows many D scoring more than 4 goals (and they likely don't have a "20 goal scoring D" - scoring 20 goals for a D is pretty rare IRL.....done once last year, four times the year before, twice the year before that and four times the year before that)

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎10 at 16:07, robinsonsteve77 said:

any kind of information about up coming patches or anything would be great.  just can't play this game if no one is working on the issues that it has. defenseman not scoring like they should makes for a unrealistic game play.

Riz posted on August 4th in the "Still Supported?" thread in this Forum - "EHM is still very much in development but as time is limited, I tend to only post sporadically here nowadays. Work is ongoing for the 1.5 update still, ready when done" and as he noted back in May on HFBoards "My time to develop EHM is limited and I've been focusing the little time I have had mainly on the editor, so I've got a big list of gameplay things I want to look at for 1.5 update. As before, this update is "ready when done" since there is a lot to do and test before it can be released."

IMO, given we're right before the yearly release of FM, I would think this would be the least likely time of year for an EHM update from Riz

I think the answers to questions about development have been the same since EHM came back in 2015.....limited time for Riz, but work is ongoing, it's better than a dead game, the next update will be released when the work is done

Thank you for taking the time to respond, 

When it comes to the defense no scoring I mean when you get a D'man who scores 17 goals in a year (IRL) and I play the game and can only get 4 goals out of that player it seems a bit suspect to me. I get that team logic,  player logic and team set up makes a difference on how the players play but I did a lot of reading and had that player in a offensive mode all year long. Just would like to see more defensive scoring to make it a bit more realistic. 

When I say a dead forum I for the most part have not seen much action from tweeter, facebook in months and that a long time for a game to be silent.  

But glad to hear it's being worked on and still being improved cause the game is a good one.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 14:08, robinsonsteve77 said:

When I say a dead forum I for the most part have not seen much action from tweeter, facebook in months and that a long time for a game to be silent.  

Are you talking about this Forum?

Obviously with SI releasing the game this Forum/site has a purpose :) but.....IMO the relevant Forum for all things EHM is TBL, where there is frequent/ongoing Forum activity on EHM (and there has been for over a decade) and everything you can know about EHM can be found  http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/portal.php

I don't think Riz/SI can say anymore than has been said.....the game has been resurrected as a side project with low priority, but at least the game is back, and still the same low price going into it's third season of ongoing development

For me personally, even if EHM was getting a higher priority and yearly releases, I'd have no interest in a PR/marketing approach; I'm totally fine without any such "action" and I never ever think Riz isn't working on the game or volunteers aren't working on Rosters (about to be released for the 13th year in a row) because of a lack of tweets or facebook posts or SI Forum posts......IMO it's best that the limited time for EHM is spent on the game, so for me personally the lack of "action" doesn't concern me at all

Archived