[FM17] How Andorra somehow became the Catalan football capital.

MarcxD

January 2024

dhSu9ft.png

A really busy month with 9 games and the transfer window (no transfers of note though). After a friendly the assistant arranged there were 3 games against Betis in 10 days. We beat them in the cup and went on to face Barcelona in the first Quarter final we ever made. Somehow we beat them 3-0 at home which was enough for us to go through to the semi-final where we'll face Real Madrid. Some good results in the league elsewhere, although our unbeaten run for a bit has ended after a bizarre 5-4 loss against Levante.

qJEqyqt.png

Still in fourth...

Edited by MarcxD

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

February 2024

pKxV3CS.png

Not quite the success of the previous months but when you look at those clubs we had to face... harsh defeat against Barça wasn't quite what I was hoping for of course and Gijon should not be beating us quite as easily as they did. 

Ijm5QLX.png

Down to seventh which is still really good.

xXiYlz9.png

Some good news came this month though!

March 2024

fuXJhQT.png

Back to form with an incredible 2-0 win against Real Madrid...

jNR2xlu.png

Sixth, a game in hand and it's looking seriously like European football is possible...

QMW75sh.png

Not as good as last year but two interesting prospects! 

ZSzr64v.png

Looks decent all-round but with the 5* potential I was hoping for a bit more. With good development he could turn into a player though.

RsBoxn1.png

He looks very good but last year's intake already got a very talented GK whom I've given a tiny bit of game time... still he looks promising.

On 20/09/2017 at 19:10, MarcxD said:

With the poor facilities and all I did not have high expectations for the first youth intake but it's not actually possible to be worse than this I Think......

TwDhln9.jpg

Because there are a few with good personalities I've given them a youth contract but otherwise no.... goodbye. Maybe try a different sport.

Remember that this doesn't tell you how good the Youth Intake are. It tells you how good your rubbish Ass Man, (who probably has a really rubbish JPP attribute), thinks they are. In my experience they are often wrong even with a decent Ass Man. With a rubbish Ass Man you need to find another way to judge them.

Good luck. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Remember that this doesn't tell you how good the Youth Intake are. It tells you how good your rubbish Ass Man, (who probably has a really rubbish JPP attribute), thinks they are. In my experience they are often wrong even with a decent Ass Man. With a rubbish Ass Man you need to find another way to judge them.

Good luck. 

Thanks! You make a very good point. To be fair, I do look at their attributes and personalities before deciding to (not) sign a player. I'll be the first one to admit that I'm no expert on those matters though.  The assistant's rating does have a pretty big bearing on my decisions, not gonna lie. That's why I always try to get assistants with the best possible judging attributes. 

April 2024

NoGuV23.png

Back to form - we really should've won a couple of the opening draws of the month, we had a lot of chances. A bit of a shame that we lost against Elche, but we conceded a lot of chances. At least we scored twice.

o1pLswW.png

Yep, you see that right. It says EL next to F.C. Andorra.

:idiot:

46 minutes ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

Brilliant, you'll be knocking Real and Barca off their perch in no time :applause:

Not so sure about that but thanks for the confidence!

36 minutes ago, andychar said:

Europe is not ready for FC Andorra! 1000/1 your having a laugh.

Hahaha screw the odds!

13 minutes ago, davehibb said:

Followed this for a while now without commenting, you are doing amazing. KUTGW! :applause:

Appreciate it man, thanks!

May 2024

hdYEyMh.png

A strong closer to the season with some decent performances.

1QfHsMj.png

We even overtook Villarreal to become 5th - equal points but because of the games we played against each other F.C. Andorra is fifth. FIFTH! Next year we'll be playing in the Europa League. I'm still kind of shocked, to be honest. Elsewhere it's really surprising to see Sevilla get relegated and the top 3 are miles ahead of the rest. 

Season Review 2023-2024

VaL7t88.png

What an incredible season, as I've said multiple times already I'm not sure how it happened but it's been nice. The pressure will be there next season though, with more games to be played as well.

hFLlmZY.pngmTSR1kT.png

tEaWxk7.png

JMavCLx.png

The La Liga awards me, the players or the club got after last season. Quite happy with my first managerial award! 

Best Elevens:

ALmC7uK.png4G9ZrlQ.png

KnLZhJS.png

As you can see two players seem to be giants among men in the squad, and I've given Garcia (yp6b) and Borges (yp6c) a lot of gametime.

qQh8O5V.png

This guy is a wonderkid I bought from Lusitans - remember the Andorran team that only has Portuguese regens - for 5K... I had no idea he was going to turn out this strong of course - and he's only 18.

JQniVFm.png

This guy I was able to sign after his contract ended in England (with Huddersfield) and right away he was miles better than anyone at the club. The striker problem was no problem anymore this year, he scored a lot of goals. Now a lot of the big clubs from Europe are after him, not only premier league but also Monaco and some German teams. I've promised him I would accept offers of about 17M, here's hoping that no clubs will pay that. There's a possibility of that because his value is still so low. I think that's because of the clubs relative low reputation still.

PTSwGsF.png

Still a lot of work to do but already looking better and better and I'm excited to see how he'll look after a year of even more game time. Too bad for now he's chosen the Portuguese youth teams, but I can't really blame him for that of course.

YabYmVE.png

With the midfield positions a little bit better staffed he didn't quite get as much gametime as Borges but he has still developed well. Do note that he has already made his senior debut for the Andorran national team (alongside several others of his generation).

2m5AY6o.png

Edited by MarcxD

2 hours ago, Talbot41 said:

Incredible effort. Time to push for CL now.

Cheers, I'm not aiming quite that high this season yet but perhaps the year after.

18 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Fantastic progress :)

Thank you!

Something weird happened, a bit of a bug I guess.

Remember that my stadium had to expand because of league rules ? And that the board approved it last year. The expansion was to be completed in july.

After the season ended though, I got a message that the board approved a new expansion (because of league regulations) - of the same size as the last one and the same cost as well. I thought maybe this was the same news, but it said it would be done in 2025....

zBienra.png

Now the expansion is done, but they're doing another one...

Pre-Season 2024-2025

yzK3FYT.png

Another boost to the budgets (although with a lot of free transfers I was already overspending, not a big deal since a lot were loaned out). The big news here is that the board expect a top half finish. Pretty harsh!

OJYTaNQ.png

We're expected to finish 14th, and top half should be doable but still, the time of super easy expectations are over it seems.

xCvybyD.png

My striker is one of the favorites or at least outsiders for the top scorer title. Exciting. By the way, nobody came close to a 17M offer for him so he's staying for at least one more season. The promise doesn't count any more either.

gAcUbvk.pngyhlOEIX.png

A lot of outgoing loans as always, I am a bit of a stockpiler of players. A lot of youth players are going out on loan and also some players I signed just as a provider for some extra cash.. 1M loan fee is not too bad. Not going quite full Juventus yet though.

0nT24i7.png

While the board is not letting me get another training facilities upgrade for now they did approve a different upgrade.

xZibcQt.png

The friendlies were pretty successful, playing mostly on control mentality which is what I will mostly try this year in home games at least.

TfsSkNe.png

The EL group is interesting, Fiorentina would seem to be the toughest opponent. Would love to go through. 

Edited by MarcxD

September 2024

h4cB6qw.png

Not the best of months ever compared to some of last season, but overall still pretty decent. A hard fought win in Plzen and a good win against Elche, and a small loss against Barcelona are all pretty good results, but perhaps we should've won against Zaragoza and Eibar.

ChewJR4.png

Happy with 6th though.

October 2024

N56aiPv.png

A really good month with very convincing home wins against Malmö in the Europa League and against Granada and Las Palmas in the league. Had hoped for a bit of a better result against Fiorentina but it was not to be. 

2jk52Zh.png

Still around the Europa League places which seems a good fit for us.

11 hours ago, Toffle said:

I feel like you could already fill up a 40.000 seat stadium at every game.

Perhaps! I would hope so.. Would be pretty incredible in Andorra though.

10 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Beautifull save man..:brock:

Thanks!! I'm enjoying it.

November 2024

Zym9BcM.png?1

Very good month, two big wins to the start of the month and two more good wins. Qualified for the knock-out rounds in the Europa League!

nUJwmNy.png?1

Still in sixth.

LUQGHKw.png?1

5fH3iI9.png?1

One upgrade done, another one approved. Growing and growing...

December 2024

WV1paT0.png?1

A very good month all things considered, not lost any matches and only conceded 1 goal in 7 matches - and that was Llagostera of all opponents. 5th cup round opponent will be Betis.

hYnsQol.png?1

Through to the knock-out rounds like I said last post, we'll face CSKA Moscow. Interesting match-up.

uMy2Heg.png?1

Still going strong in the league.

January 2025

9ICoE6B.png

A very busy month in January thanks to the cup games - last year we played Betis three times in 10 days, this time three times in one week...

While we aren't dominating matches quite as much as earlier in the season the results are still very good and we only barely lost to Atlético in the cup.

MjhBXWo.png

An amazing 3rd place for now. I'm still going for the EL places but CL might be possible.

Some transfer business at the very end of January..

HdAevJT.png

My first sort of big sale in Fabio Conti. I had signed him on a free transfer last summer so a 31M profit after half a season is pretty good, right? Still annoyed though. He had been developing amazingly well, turned out to be a "wonderkid" and had 11 assists in 19 league games. I would have kept him if they did not pay his minimum release fee. When I signed him I was excited but I did not think he would be quite this good. Also remember that in Spain it is compulsory to have a minimum release fee in all full-time player contracts. I got in Liam Gauld as a replacement, who is also pretty exciting but not quite as good as Conti. I could get him relatively cheap because his contract was up at the end of the season.

XCGHih7.png

rxQlGgA.png

February 2025

jogTXQ9.png

Fantastic month with some high-scoring wins again and a fabulous 4-0 win over CSKA moscow, another round in the Europa League is secure.

C2vR80V.png

The big two (Atlético has had a mare this season so far) are gone but the rest of the clubs are doing worse than F.C. Andorra. I'm just gonna let that sink in for a bit.... Champions League is looking more and more probable.

Ffw4F2Y.png

The board has approved yet another upgrade :thup:

March 2025

VySr0GR.png

A little bit less convincing in the league but somehow we beat Manchester United at Old Trafford... they definitely had more chances than us, but our English striker scored twice. Hopefully he can do the same in the next round, when we face Leicester City.

FTEisjD.png

Dropped very slightly but still going strong.

p9KCUbE.png

One good player to notice again it seems, luckily this time it wasn't a GK. 

piU7yWs.png

Not hugely impressed by his attributes to be honest, but there also doesn't seem to be much of a weak spot... perhaps his work rate if anything. His potential and his personality are the reason to watch him.

April 2025

aBwFMyr.png

Strong month with another super performance away in England, although at home we were very poor and could've lost by more. Two tough home-draws at the end. Only annoying thing was the loss against Espanyol.

AD43FWg.png

EL is secure, CL is likely.

10 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

How things look in national team??

As I said previously the team is almost entirely made up of players that have come through my youth system, most of them still at the club or loaned out and a few at other clubs.

TTRq6Lw.png

Not sure about playing my AML as an WBR though.

The results are still very poor though.

NM4KRhs.png

njrpTuI.png

The last Nation League was the first (!) time that Andorra won a match since the start of the game. They won twice, against San Marino though.

this looks amazing :) it reminds me on my save (in croatia ofc haha)... but problem i'm having is fact that most of squad are players aged 18-22, and they play something like this..winning matches 4-0, 5-1 and than losing/drawing several matches in row... no continuity in form...

5 minutes ago, Luke Cro said:

this looks amazing :) it reminds me on my save (in croatia ofc haha)... but problem i'm having is fact that most of squad are players aged 18-22, and they play something like this..winning matches 4-0, 5-1 and than losing/drawing several matches in row... no continuity in form...

Thank you. Form is definitely very important. If multiple players have poor consistency that can become a big problem, so that's something I always look at when buying new players (next to their professionalism, determination and other relevant attributes and ratings of course). 

For young players poor consistency can be fixed by playing a lot I think, but if your team is made up of players that need to get more consistent that can be a little bit problematic. 

May 2025

skypWtO.png

Just lost to Tottenham (third English club in a row!) in the semi-final, sadly, but still a very proud showing in Europe for the first time.

Some decent results in the league as well, although it seems that every time we play Betis we have a hard time beating them.

aRMhLy2.png

In the end this means that we are third - thanks to poor performances from Atlético in the beginning of the season. The big two are miles ahead, but that was to be expected.

Next year we'll be in the Champions League!

32 minutes ago, Talbot41 said:

Told you :brock:

Haha yeah you were right. I'm always surprised when I do well. I've been playing FM since FM09, and for most of those games I did not have much success!

Season Review 2024-2025

zmuDh5i.png

uEgLxCy.png

Very strong season overall and better than I expected. The top 2 (and perhaps still 3) are stronger but we can rival any other team in the league now. The team is still young and with lots of potential. 

mmamHSz.png

MY GK is third in GK of the year for the second season in a row.

DP5qPn4.png

I've won manager of the year for the second time in a row as well.

OuJqqfi.png

January signing Gauld has become third best youngster of the year, he has performed amazingly well since his arrival. 

Best Elevens:

FGuoxLA.pngfn9YNDn.png

IbO0YjI.png

The team is still very young with lots of room to grow. This is why I am not planning on spending a lot of money. I've also given the players from the academy even more game-time and they have shown they're worth it. I'll show some players' screens that I've not shown before and the youth players here:

oewaNYO.png

Signed on a free transfer last summer, he's the field player with most minutes this season. Very strong and tall central defender for many years to come hopefully.

0b6FwJD.png

A new RB I signed in the summer as well. He wasn't known as a wonderkid then, but as you can see he is one now. Also very very promising. He only cost 500K.

4DJ8HjU.png

He just keeps getting better and better and very fast as well. Still only 18 years old and because he has the Portuguese second nationality he won't be playing for the Andorran national team. He'll be playing for the Portuguese u21s at the U21 euro's this summer and it would surprise me if he wouldn't make the senior squad in a few years. His determination got a boost from tutoring this year. First-choice DL at the club and hopefully for many years to come.

U8b9zWU.png

A bit of a set-back from an injury at the end of the season but still a strong development for Garcia as well. Has become the first-choice DM. I could buy someone who's better right now but I probably won't, although I might buy a better back-up than I have right now.

l80do9y.png

This guy has been playing quite a bit of games as back-up/rotational AML, and mostly performed admirably. Some areas where he needs to improve and I would've loved to see a bit more development this year but one to keep an eye on.

iblU494.png

Loaning out a few of the other strikers at the club meant he got a chance as back-up striker. He's the best striker from the youth updates so far and some of the pure striker attributes are decent to very good - finishing, first touch, heading, technique. Other attributes and his determination need to improve and he had some trouble performing consistently. I have not given up on him though by any means.

ThT3c7X.png

Edited by MarcxD

Pre-Season 2025-2026

hTeDIUb.png

Another boost and a relatively sizable transfer budget, probably thanks to last season's big sale. I will barely use any of it though.

psp0Wam.png

The TV money has increased a bit :thup:

8d8ooRj.png

Some of that money has gone to yet another stadium expansion....

WXQxZpq.png

Predicted to finish 9th and with much better odds. Onwards and upwards.

oSOpHug.png

In the CL we've been handed a tough group although perhaps not the toughest it could've been. Man City got to the final last year so they will be favorites to go through, will go for second in the group.

xZW1PzY.pngIz3X84e.png

As I said above I want to give my players chance to grow further so I did not get in a lot of new players. I did loan out a whole lot again, either for experience or for some extra money - the 17M is excluding some of last year's million euro loans that were renewed so it's more than 20M in reality, of which about 12M should be loan deals.

Pd63Nom.png

Probably the best pre-season yet, a lot of goals scored against decent opposition (and the affiliates).

August 2025

XUaFQ6V.png

zmNhAg6.png

Very strong start to the season and I think for the first time F.C. Andorra is first in La Liga! The big 3 and Athletic have also won their first 2 games - actually last year's top 5 is top 5 already!

September 2025

aUZFSqf.png

A mixed month with two good home-wins, the expected meh results against Man city and Valencia and a poor loss against Betis. We just can't handle Betis for some reason.

fXV59HX.png

5th now, with everything obviously still very tight. Everybody has lost points.

40erZaL.png

A new upgrade :thup:

October 2025

uBRtWwt.png

Playing Barça and Real Madrid away from home and coming away with 4 points... counter still works in these kind of games. Two strong home-wins combine for a stellar month in the league.

A good win away from home against CSKA too in the CL but Benfica overpowered us. Maybe third place in the group and another try in the EL would not be too bad.

TrUl98i.png

First again. Close as can be.

JTnJpK5.png

Another landmark. 

November 2025

vuF6BqJ.png

Results as strong as possible, I suppose. Third place is now certain in the CL group though, so EL it will be in 2026.

POEN6iJ.png

Still doing as well - or even slightly better - as the big two. 

December 2025

8cDsCoy.png

Perfect.

ebzUvAB.png

Stronger in 1 although Real Madrid could get on the same amount of points. Look at the goals we have scored though. My players dominate the highest ratings. Long may it last.

e6iYdHE.png