[FM17] How Andorra somehow became the Catalan football capital.

MarcxD

May-June 2022

r6r6JOq.png

YZWLJKB.png

WiUqJHV.png

It happened! Champions for the third time in 5 seasons... I had foreseen much more seasons in the Segunda for sure. We've been strong throughout the year and the opposition was not as strong as I had assumed at the start.

jZ0gpbc.png

I do love the social feed at times. Laughed out loud at some of these...  "Almost wish we hadn't won the title!"

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Season Review 2021-2022

WzVLV0y.png

63on4EP.jpg

The best players were Barcelona loanees and that sums up the troubles I foresee for next season since their affiliation with us will end since we'll be playing in the same division next year. Elsewhere new players like Diaby, Aizpiri, Djiallo and others have performed well, and in the last couple of games there were debuts for youth players Segovia and Delgado. 

Best Elevens:

bxDZ579.pngytwvnV9.png

Also, I have become a F.C. Andorra Icon. 

OjSIsLL.png

19 hours ago, john1 said:

Superb achievement :cool:  :applause: 

19 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Nice work.

Lol at the fan that said he "almost' wishes you didn't win

6 hours ago, Toffle said:

Let's get it started!

5 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

Great read congratulations for getting to the top division

Thank you all so much!

The new season should be interesting...

Season Preview 2022-2023

f0atVcW.png

We are still in our super tiny stadium and the board is not relenting on it. I've asked for a new stadium a couple of times but the answer has been no every time bar once, and then the local council denied it or something like that. And that was two years ago under the previous board. Hopefully this will change soon.

dK7tbTP.png

Financially surely we are in an amazing place right now, this money should help us a lot in the long term regardless if we stay up in La Liga or not.

VKrMFBX.png

The budgets have increased, of course. I have changed them around so I'm spending about 6M in wages p/a right now which of course is nothing compared to the money coming in, so next year the budgets should get a big jump if we stay up.

5JihFBR.png

RwHh4QM.png

The board has granted some other improvements, and facilities improvements have been granted earlier so there's good news on that front.

PYPxXqV.png

These were the odds at the start of the season, at the end of the transfer window my odds dropped a bit to 850-1. It's not a big surprise we're predicted to finish last. The goal will be to finish 17th or higher, since the bottom 3 are relegated. It might be possible. We ended above Oviedo and Valladolid last year and teams like Gijon and Alavés should be beatable. Against all the other teams we'll need some good luck and hopefully the results go our way a bit. Not looking forward to all the huge defeats against the top 8 or so clubs...

1ZjkLog.jpg

Of course it was a busy transfer window. Most of the transfers I've done have been (very) young players who could become very good players in the future and some of them are immediate big improvements. Note a player named Guimaraes I signed from the club Guimaraes. Quality regen naming. :thup: A lot of the talents I have signed before and some from this year I loaned out, added to the players I wanted to offload because they weren't good enough. One of the players I've loaned about to another club named Andorra, sadly they are not actually based in Andorra but in Spain. Segovia and Pinto, two of the more promising youth players have been loaned out as well since the youth facilities here are so poor and I hope competitive experience helps their development out. Time will tell if that was a smart move of course...

Kd9WBzw.png

The friendlies were hardly a big success with the team needing to gel and all that. At least I'm happy that we ended with some wins.

Edited by MarcxD

August 2022

ZBBwV0w.png

mIW1xzT.png

A sublime start to the season with an away win and then of course we were hammered by Real Madrid but we did actually manage to score a goal!

wwszhE7.png

Not sure this is a record we want to have but okay. Sure. 

September 2022

pmf3P5m.png

WsY9uDI.png

Actually another pretty good month I guess because those losses were unavoidable. We were lucky to get a point in Malaga but we did dominate the match against Valladolid.

October 2022

hIvvUTe.png

Decent results all around with two expected losses and almost a win against Athletic (they scored the 2-2 in extra time).

yY7Ud6m.png

Still very close, of course.

Edited by MarcxD

December 2022

2Kn0t8w.png

No losses which is nice but not a lot of points here either! Happily surprised to go through in the cup, after two extra time goals in very short succession.

sIVx8SI.png

I have the feeling that the relegation battle might be tense for a while yet... 

Got a bunch of job offers again but they were from clubs around us in the table like Malaga, Celta and Deportivo.

9 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Good start so far, including a game in hand, hopefully against a bad team.

Granada at home, and there are a couple of games more in January perhaps that we can win.

9 hours ago, GryphonFlick said:

Definitely a good start to life in the top division. Getting points against teams like Valencia and Bilbao is very encouraging stuff.

Absolutely, the unexpected points are the best imo.

8 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Solid start to life in the top tier. Well done!

Thank you, appreciate it!

January 2023

hn1pHch.png

A tough month with some hard games, of course we went out in the cup against Barcelona but it was very nice to see us draw at home. I was hoping for better results against Granada and Gijon though. We really needed the win against Oviedo, a rival relegation candidate.

tceTu9F.png

We're still above the drop for now but oh my it's still so close.

XfH3rZR.png

61k9adA.png

The facilities have been upgraded and the board right away approved a youth facilities upgrade for next season.

wTkn3qs.pngOe7zqQN.png

Here are the transfers I've done since august. Out were a bunch of loans again, some of these players I loaned out before but recalled and loaned out to another club since they weren't playing enough. Incoming were some more players for the first team. Pedro is the most expensive purchase yet, he's a young and talented Brazilian striker. Hopefully he can get started right away because scoring goals is a problem for me right now!

February 2023

6i33fIx.png

FkWrgpm.png

A really good month results-wise at least, although the football has been lacking! 5 points lead now to the drop zone but I'm not confident at all... 12 games to play it's going to remain tense.

rdVxGOZ.png

Training facilities will be upgraded next season too!

Edited by MarcxD

Youth Intake 2023

This one needed its own post. You'll soon see why.

T2yzWIN.png

:eek:

I can't remember having such a youth intake with so many PA and decent CA to start with. Of course this also shows that we still have a very long way to go and much room for improvement as far as the first team squad is concerned!

k2qqQsI.png

The first of two exciting DM's, luckily a position I'm actually using - a ball winning midfielder as well. Pretty good determination, really good aggression, tackling and teamwork! Marking and bravery could be better but this could really be something. Great hope for the Andorran national team certainly and hopefully a player for me at some point.

CemwZEF.png

DM #2. Could be even better. Technically he is better than Aguirre, mentally maybe a bit weaker but his teamwork and work rate stats are really good. Fairly professional as well.

iLGnHbO.png

Remember me being cautiously excited about Delgado last year... well this left back could be much better. Fairly professional again. Poor determination but perhaps that can be fixed. Dribbling, crossing, marking and tackling already decent. 

0oprLq7.png

There's attacking talent as well, and this guy is fairly professional as well. Messed up the screenshot a bit so his technique stat will remain a secret for now..... but he could be decent.

Dk3TtGw.png

This guy is a little bit problematic since I don't use AMC's! What to do with him? I'm thinking AMR since there are no talents on that position, and his attributes could work there. Making him a striker with composure 4 doesn't seem all that great of an idea. 

TM1u3qo.png

And then there's the goalkeeper who also looks pretty exciting. Since I'm using a sweeper keeper in my tactic his passing attribute of 1 is problematic but most regen keepers have that I have noticed.

This update has made me far more interested in using my own youth players of course! 

Edited by MarcxD

March 2023

UCoiTbw.png

Only 3 league games in March had to be played so I arranged two friendlies. The league games were tough and the results seem good when you look at draws against much better teams in Villarreal and Sevilla, but losing against relegation rivals Alavés soured the mood. The friendies were comfortable wins although the opposition was pretty decent. Predo finally scored some goals, may he do the same in some official matches.

pYEKA7F.png

Things are not looking any better, although we have a game in hand.

Edited by MarcxD

April 2023

flQ51xt.png

cT5vlm0.png

Oh.... this is not looking good at all.

The results this month were not really worse than you would expect but they weren't better either, except for perhaps the draw against Athletic. Three more games. We need to finish above Deportivo (or Malaga) and keep Alavés and Oviedo behind us. It will not be easy. Real Madrid has won the league and dominated but that's really none of my business at the moment.

fdDJiqW.png

q1YymlF.png

3 teams on 33 points and with a whole lot of luck Alavés could even still make it as well. I have the "easiest" opponent in Granada (away) while Oviedo will be playing Valencia (away) and Deportivo will face champions Real Madrid (at home). 

Nail biting stuff.

9 hours ago, Rikulec said:

You had me at the edge of my seat.

Well done. :applause:

Thank you, I felt the same when playing! 

9 hours ago, enigmatic said:

Can't believe you resigned as Andorra manager just before they got their golden generation :)

Congrats on survival

Haha yeah hopefully I have the chance to return to that job later on. Cheers.

8 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Clutch win!!!

Hell yeah!

4 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Woohoo!!!  Congrats on survival!!!  What an end to the season.

Thanks!!

48 minutes ago, Lenzar said:

Doing really well! Let's see if those new kids help the national team!

Without understanding the area, is there a reason so many regens are Andorran-Portugese?

Thank you!

I don't know a lot about Andorra but it seems there are (relatively speaking of course) a lot of Portuguese people in Andorra. (14% according to Wikipedia) But it does seem a bit weird that there are only Portuguese second nationalities and no French or Spanish.

The Andorran league in-game is dominated by Lusitans and they only get Portuguese regens (with no Andorran second nationality!)

Season Review 2022-2023

78i1Kzk.png

UQCdYeO.jpg

A lot of young players in the team with potential but some players will need to be replaced ASAP. The minutes played stat here for Tuhami and Delgado is not correct, maybe it's counting the times they played for u19s. Star-players Aragoneses and Delgado have had much interest in them already but I've given them new contracts with really high minimum fees. I will really need a new striker since the young guys I brought in just aren't ready yet for this level, they've been really poor. The loanee striker did best, but while I had a optional future fee for him he didn't really want to join so he's not staying.

cRCJWP2.png

As a result of this season I'm a club legend.

Best Elevens:

IpUoLos.png

1VhBRLT.png

Q4plPzA.png

At the very least I will be able to invest next year, and give players extended deals. The club is getting wealthier and wealthier of course.

EGCSSed.png

So they finally decided to upgrade the stadium. The game kept on saying that there was only an expansion possibility of 5K Seats so I kept on asking for a new stadium but I guess somehow it was actually possible to go to 15K seats. The club only needs to pay half of the costs so I guess all in all it's a pretty good deal. 

uzYzNPL.png

58 minutes ago, andychar said:

Unbelievable achievement staying up. I'm just hoping and praying we don't see second season syndrome!

Thank you. I hope so too! The team should be stronger this year at least.

Just to show how much my players are being used by the Andorran national teams:

8X3Ryao.png

Also, some of the talents from the last intake are already wanted by Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético...

Edit: Barcelona just offered 7M for Aguirre(yp6a).... I think I will accept since Garcia is also a hugely talented DM.

Edited by MarcxD

19 hours ago, deltablue said:

Great work surviving. 

Cheers!

17 hours ago, john1 said:

Absolutely fantastic to stay up on last day :cool: Good to see internationals are picking your players :thup: Garcia looks very promising player :thup: 

Thanks, I'm excited about Garcia too - if he stops being angry at me for not letting him go to Real Madrid!

6 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Amazing and dramatical survival!! Congratulations!! :thup:

Thank you!

Pre-Season 2023-2024

kPq6pt7.png

Predicted to finish last again and with worse odds than last year. I'm guessing that this has to do mainly with the promoted clubs - especially Betis and Zaragoza are big clubs. The goal will be to finish 17th or higher once again. 

QD9Nbxv.jpg

To do this I've done the business a bit different this year, I've not signed a lot of young talents but just a few players that are mostly first team material. Luis Viva from Lusitans is the only player strictly for the future (or resale), the rest are for right now.

Outgoing are a lot of loans again and you'll see I decided to sell Aguirre(yp6a) to Barcelona. They and Real and Atlético (and other clubs) were also offering for some of the other talents but I rejected all of their bids for the others. As I said above the reason I let him go was because I might actually prefer Garcia(yp6b).

KuHUmNR.png

My Assistant went a bit crazy and arranged 10 friendlies, which went very well with the new players. New striker Simms scored a lot of goals so I hope he can do that in the league as well.

s7sDqr7.png

mW3CuO2.png

I've gotten two more upgrades here so hopefully we can keep getting great youngsters in through the academy.

For most of last season I had stuck to the tactic I had been playing in the lower leagues and that meant using a control or even an attacking approach to the game. That might not have been the smartest approach... even though we did get good results. I will be trying to play a bit more on a counter mentality this season, especially in away games. I actually used that in the last 2 games of the season which as you might remember went quite well.

Edited by MarcxD

August-September 2023

RO9qKmn.png

Wow, the start to the season has been amazing! The counter tactic has worked with 2 away wins (and only a 0-1 loss against Barcelona).

Y4ZruUH.png

The problem is that all the clubs are getting a lot of points, and the lowest clubs on the table will not stay there! Athletic and Sevilla will obviously rebound from this, while smaller clubs like Gijon, Valladolid and Elche have all started really well too. 8th place is amazing though, certainly when you take into account that the two losses were against Barcelona and Atlético.

Edited by MarcxD

October 2023

nGpAGzy.png

Another good month, although there were only 3 league games - I arranged a friendly during the international break.

6xiWAcI.png

Still very well positioned on the table obviously!

Edited by MarcxD

11 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Great start, absolutely no shame losing to the top three. :thup:

Thank you, I agree completely :D

8 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Looks like the counter mentality worked wonders. I'm hoping you get a wonderkid from Andorra eventually.

I'm already excited about the players I got in last year but 'the Andorran Messi' does have a ring to it! Perhaps.

November 2023

dQsky2y.png

Honestly, I don't know how this is possible. The players should not be beating Villarreal, Sevilla and drawing Valencia. I like it, obviously, but I don't get it!

BKqj0ux.png

5th... ??? 

I don't even know what to say. :idiot:

December 2023

MHZHi8S.png

Another good month against some weaker opposition with a couple of league wins and through to the 5th round of the Cup, where we'll face Betis.

VnFKpBq.png

Almost halfway the season and we're in fourth... I still don't understand how! Almost at last year's total points as well... I can't remember having a season where I just don't understand why things are going so well!

MyAYKZs.png

lg7dQzg.png

The last coaching course is done as well, and another landmark.