Football Manager 2018 Announcement

11 minutes ago, Nonlondoner said:

Are people really that desperate when anything earlier than 2 weeks before release is a bonus?

As for people quoting days old Miles tweets, just let it go. These will be the same people moaning 10 seconds after downloading the beta that it's full of bugs and that the new 3D graphics have ruined their life, lost them their job and made them physically unattractive to women. 

And some advice for FM19? Read the announcement regarding release, all of it. Then set expectations accordingly. 

Finally, I mentioned to Miles that I'd booked next week off, He responded that it was good timing. So if you're in any doubt, it will definitely be released by Monday.

We already know it will be released on Friday if not earlier. Why wouldn't we want it earlier, when it's been clearly said that it will come on Friday or earlier. And for the record, I am not one of those people who'll be moaning about bugs in beta, FFS.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Mikke said:

We already know it will be released on Friday if not earlier. Why wouldn't we want it earlier, when it's been clearly said that it will come on Friday or earlier. And for the record, I am not one of those people who'll be moaning about bugs in beta, FFS.

It's a BETA you're supposed to report any bugs you encounter. 

Just now, Armistice said:

Yeah it's exciting but why aren't people working out a system on FM17 to go straight into their new FM18 saves? That's what I am doing atm with Spurs since it's gonna be my first career in the new game.

This is what i'm doing right now with AC Milan.

1 minute ago, jamessmith010101 said:

the match engine will be different so any tactic on fm17 wont nec work on 18 

With a couple of minor adjustments it will if you're using a proper system that doesn't take advantage of any weaknesses in the ME.

23 minutes ago, Nonlondoner said:

Are people really that desperate when anything earlier than 2 weeks before release is a bonus?

As for people quoting days old Miles tweets, just let it go. These will be the same people moaning 10 seconds after downloading the beta that it's full of bugs and that the new 3D graphics have ruined their life, lost them their job and made them physically unattractive to women. 

And some advice for FM19? Read the announcement regarding release, all of it. Then set expectations accordingly. 

Finally, I mentioned to Miles that I'd booked next week off, He responded that it was good timing. So if you're in any doubt, it will definitely be released by Monday.

I have Forza 7 ultimate edition (with early access) and it's utterly sh** :lol: FM beta never disappointed me (maybe a little bit the 2016) but I hope that won't be as bad as the new forza :D

18 minutes ago, jamessmith010101 said:

the match engine will be different so any tactic on fm17 wont nec work on 18 

Only if you've created/downloaded a tactic that exploits a weakness in the match engine that would now be fixed. 

A strong tactic, based on logic will work on any edition of the game, providing you have the players to fit it, and can adapt it to cope with adversity. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Only if you've created/downloaded a tactic that exploits a weakness in the match engine that would now be fixed. 

A strong tactic, based on logic will work on any edition of the game, providing you have the players to fit it, and can adapt it to cope with adversity. 

true. If you base your tactic on your players' abilities, then you can have good "bridge" tactics from a FM version to another.

5 minutes ago, king_karl said:

Sat in Loughborough London University right now, trying to focus on an assignment, but I need that fix. That first signing, that first gem, it's going to be beautiful. 

Didn't I read somewhere that Loughborough London university has the fastest internet connection in Europe? At least you'll be able to download it quickly :D

Guest El Payaso
18 minutes ago, pol1987 said:

true. If you base your tactic on your players' abilities, then you can have good "bridge" tactics from a FM version to another.

Not necessarily even that as a sensible set up seems to work in the game rather well no matter if your players' attributes fit to the system. I have noticed that many times. 

But yes a sensible set-up is always going to be working no matter what the version is. I have for example used the same basics with Athletic Bilbao for maybe the last three FMs as the team is kept quite similar every year as they have the limitation to only sign Basque players. 

2 minutes ago, El Payaso said:

Not necessarily even that as a sensible set up seems to work in the game rather well no matter if your players' attributes fit to the system. I have noticed that many times. 

But yes a sensible set-up is always going to be working no matter what the version is. I have for example used the same basics with Athletic Bilbao for maybe the last three FMs as the team is kept quite similar every year as they have the limitation to only sign Basque players. 

ahah...I always manage Bilbao too! Nice place to see youngsters become great players.

9 minutes ago, That There Phil said:

Didn't I read somewhere that Loughborough London university has the fastest internet connection in Europe? At least you'll be able to download it quickly :D

This is news to me, but honestly, it doesn't surprise me, everything here is so responsive and it's great. 

2 minutes ago, eye-switcher said:

The Basque thing is so strange, isnt Laporte French?

I think the Basque area goes into France or at least there are Basque people in France. I have heard of French Basque cyclists before when there was a all Basque professional cycling team.

Miles hasn't tweeted for a while, and he did hint at the process being that he would decide, immediately let everyone at SI know, then call a meeting to discuss details of the announcement.  The optimistic part of my brain thinks he's having that meeting right this minute. :D

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Miles hasn't tweeted for a while, and he did hint at the process being that he would decide, immediately let everyone at SI know, then call a meeting to discuss details of the announcement.  The optimistic part of my brain thinks he's having that meeting right this minute. :D

He just answered someone 1 minute ago, so unless he is tweeting in a meeting (zing!) then my guess is no....