Football Manager 2018 Announcement

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, mrdanbartlett said:

https://twitter.com/miIlesSI

I've just given the green light for the beta. The process from now takes 24 hours or so. So you should expect it this time tomorrow. #FM18

Seems it will be out late tonight/early tomorrow then. Awesome. 

Also process is around1hr from miles say so

Anyway I doubt Miles would say its going to be released in x amount of hours, people would then get on their high horse if something unexpected happened and the beta wasn't released then.

My guess is that they will just release the beta and announce it's been released.

Just now, Ji-Sung Park said:

Let's just hope that we one day can live in a world where this doesn't happen. Thoughts are with Miles.

Yes its pathetic and the said individual has been causing problems on one forum just out of spite

tying up SI staff/mods at their busiest time closing down his aliases and posts 

Some people aye:idiot:

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

whats the point in asking when it's out when it's so close to release anyway.

because common sense dictates that Miles is going to reveal the exact minute it will be released in the hundredth or so reply to a tweet saying that he won't.

I think he should say that it will be released (for instance) at 11.03am (and 26 seconds) on Friday morning British time, so that we all can start asking him whether there's any chance that it will be released earlier. 

It is as though people think Miles and the team will be getting drunk or having an office wide orgy if they do not get on twitter and ask him about, or urge him to, release the beta as soon as possible. They are not stupid and certainly know that people are waiting for, and wanting, the beta. It is in their best interests to get it out ASAP so they will be doing whatever then can to get it as early as possible.

2 minutes ago, luka_ said:

So Miles didn't say it won't be out today. We know that tomorrow it will be for sure, but it could obviously be ready today.

I hope it is ready soon but if it is not there will be a good reason and I want that reason dealt with before the release of the beta. It is a win/ win situation. If the beta is released then that is great, if it is not released then the game is being made better and that is great as well.

Given Miles' propensity for getting it right up people, I'd love him to say the beta was now cancelled an hour or so before it was eventually released.  I know the seethe it would cause wouldn't be ultimately worth it, but it would be funny.

4 minutes ago, Ji-Sung Park said:

Technically he said 'likely' Friday, could be Saturday also.

I thought he said Friday at the latest...?

3 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

My mate Chris says the Beta will be up today.

Chris is a right proper lad. You can trust him.

My mate Barry works at the council. He says you have no mates

2 minutes ago, Humbby said:

Not really he said 27th of October or Before Saturday is the 28th

Just now, gunner86 said:

I thought he said Friday at the latest...?

5 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

In other news, and to save Twitter bandwidth, the #FM18 beta will definitely not be tonight or tomorrow. Most likely Friday.

6 minutes ago, chob said:

I know twitter and the forums get like this so close to release every year but this year seems so much more.

I think everyone is super excited for this edition of the game, myself included.

Personally I think this is the least amount of hype that the forum or the wider internet have ever shown, save for the fact Twitter is now used a lot more than it was in the past. 99.99% of things posted on twitter relating to FM are total garbage though.

I think this year potentially has the largest amount of new features for a while, yet the least excitement. Can only look to SI's PR for that.

8 minutes ago, Ji-Sung Park said:

Dude, it's already tomorrow. Yesterday was today, tomorrow is after today. Yesterday he said nothing, tomorrow is another story.

No, "tomorrow" was yesterday. When Miles said that it was Tuesday, meaning that the beta will definitely not come out on Tuesday or Wednesday, and most likely on Friday. Which still leaves today (Thursday) as a possibility.

Edited by Mikke

15 minutes ago, chob said:

I know twitter and the forums get like this so close to release every year but this year seems so much more.

I think everyone is super excited for this edition of the game, myself included.

600 people online compared to peak of 5k +
I'm sure it will go up on release but

1 minute ago, Per Annum said:

600 people online compared to peak of 5k +
I'm sure it will go up on release but

Fair enough, maybe i'm just more excited than normal for this release and i'm noticing it more than usual.

Are people really that desperate when anything earlier than 2 weeks before release is a bonus?

As for people quoting days old Miles tweets, just let it go. These will be the same people moaning 10 seconds after downloading the beta that it's full of bugs and that the new 3D graphics have ruined their life, lost them their job and made them physically unattractive to women. 

And some advice for FM19? Read the announcement regarding release, all of it. Then set expectations accordingly. 

Finally, I mentioned to Miles that I'd booked next week off, He responded that it was good timing. So if you're in any doubt, it will definitely be released by Monday.