Skeid 2 Norway fixtures/league

I just got promoted to Premier League with Skeid in Norway. I notice that I have Skeid 2 but it doesn't appear to play in any proper leagues (only friendlies).  Will there be a random chance it's simulated as being part of some lesser league and maybe see it come up to Norway's Second Division at some point? I notice that other clubs like Rosenborg have their second team playing there and it'd sure help with development to have them play competitive fixtures!

Thanks!

Skeid II play in the Third division in Norway, I believe. I'm not sure how low you can load for Norway but if it's only Premier and Second division then the best you can hope for is that they somehow get promoted to Second division or have their manager be in charge of arranging friendlies for them.

Or if you're willing to start save again, I'm sure there will be files available unlocking lower divisions for Norway.

4 hours ago, Pow4FM said:

Skeid II play in the Third division in Norway, I believe. I'm not sure how low you can load for Norway but if it's only Premier and Second division then the best you can hope for is that they somehow get promoted to Second division or have their manager be in charge of arranging friendlies for them.

Or if you're willing to start save again, I'm sure there will be files available unlocking lower divisions for Norway.

Second Division is as far down as you can go.  It's not a huge deal and I can't really restart as I'm doing a career and am 5 years into it now.

According to the internet they are in Third Division though, yes.  I did a look through for teams in Norway and Skeid II is not listed as being in a division. In fact, Rosenborg 2 is the only second team in the top 3 divisions.  Odd 2 was there the year I added the league (only had Premier and First Div to start) but was relegated, and they are also listed with no league now.  Not sure if they'll ever return or if there is just a random chance that they are among the promoted teams.  Might be impacted by reputation though I could unfortunately see them never coming back with there not being a league shown anymore.

I'm near the beginning of the upcoming season, I might try jacking up the reputation of one of the second teams and seeing if that makes a difference.

Don't take this as an absolute fact because it isn't, because i'm not sure.
I think you probably have to wait for them to get promoted (unless using an editor). The better the reputation the team has, the better the chance they will get promoted.

As I'm really focusing on youth development for this team I'll likely end up having two "youth" teams, my U19 and Skeid 2 (which as they aren't simulated, will probably be my surplus kids to ensure my U19 players all get regular playing time).  If they ever end up "promoting" I'll keep people posted.

One thing I was thinking is that maybe it's possible for the game to assume some stuff with a team's success because I had a handful of backups on Skeid 2 and when it was just a few players their average ratings were *terrible* (less than 6) but when I moved some first team backups they average ratings seemed to improve?  MIght just be seeing things and maybe it's just because it goes "you're a better player for this league, so better score for you."  In any case, my goal for this save is to make Norway one of the top leagues in the world so this game will probably take several years.  I'll post back here with my results.

Archived