Does Brazil has one of the most gruelling football league in the world?

To win,

the State Championship (managing in Sao Paulo now) - 18 games

the League - 38 games

Brazilian Cup - 14 games

Copa Libertadores - 14 games

Recopa(SA version of the Super Cup) - 2 games

Club World Cup - 2 games

That's 88 games per season.

they have a lot of games, but state championships are played in Feb-April period and brasileirao is played may-december so they play these 88 matches over 12 months. but yes, most of the time it is Sunday-Wednesday, especially for the top teams. however, only 2 to 4 teams reach the final of the cup competitions so it really isn't that bad and it gives a lot of playing time for top prospects of youth teams.

On 24/07/2017 at 20:32, craigd84 said:

It is one of the most grueling leagues in world football combine that with the attitude of " if they have a skillfull player... kick crap out of him to stop him "  

Yeah, I was awarded alot of pks.

its also worth noting with alot of the games for the big clubs are against really small teams so they can play a weaker side. For the small clubs most state championships have knockout bits and they exit the cups quiet quickly. Its better for the clubs because more ticket money(if they do their wages with any competence) and not much more wage bill. In brazil to the best of my knowledge the state championships matter a lot no matter how small the opposition and big matches will always have decent attendance. 

Really enjoyed my Santos save and I highly recommend Brazil!

It was fun playing the kids in the State champ (though when I say kids, my first team had an average age of 20, while the kids were all teens). Also the low release clauses for young talents means that you can easily build a reserves and u18 team with 5* talents. My Santos team was the biggest destroyer I ever built on FM/CM. I also love heavily rotating, so competing across many competitions was no problem. 

I probably will have a Chape save on FM18.

I did 2 seasons on FM15 with Coritiba, they had been relegated I think so took over and my god it felt like the season went on forever! On my current save I do have Brazil loaded and am thinking about applying for jobs there later on in the save but prob only going to be there the 1 season this time.

Archived