A user guide to Seasoned Alcoholic's FM2008 Training Schedules

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My feedback and questions:

Positive: Great work - I haven't seen anyone match your insight into training in FM08.

Negative: Injuries are very frequent using your schedules on my teams, typically lower leagues. Especially the Pre-season schedule.

Questions: Is there a pattern to the difference between the 1, 2 and 3 schedule for each position? Is one lighter than the other? When should I run Fitness and Pre-Season training?

Suggestion: Some forum users have published schedules that can be imported "all-in-one". If possible, that would certainly make things easier.

Interesting read, mad me think about my own training as of now. I only have 3 basic schedules and a pre season training schedule (probably due to laziness, as I used more in previous versions). I keep the intensity on the last notch of medium. The first thing I spotted was your training has a lot more focus on the physical sliders( especially Bojan, is this because he is still young?). Personally I always wondered whether if this would be a good thing, as the physical attributes don't move much and contribute a lot more towards training intensity then the other training area's. My question: is a higher physical training better to keep your players at around 100% during the season with CL, cup and league still going on?

oh and another thing concerning coaches. Do they improve in the specific area's of expertise for the training category you assign them to or do they just improve overall depending on PA

Guest Incitatus

Can one of you guys post screenshots of the training schedules here?

I keep on DL it, but when trying to import, nothing appears at my schedules folder, I don´t know what is happening..

Thxs in advance

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skogmantore:

My feedback and questions:

Positive: Great work - I haven't seen anyone match your insight into training in FM08.

Negative: Injuries are very frequent using your schedules on my teams, typically lower leagues. Especially the Pre-season schedule. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try the alternate pre-season schedules, such as GK Pre-Season 2 and OF Pre-Season 2 for example. In my experiences with the latest schedules, injuries are somewhat reduced in comparison to the original pre-season schedules. Otherwise reduce strength and aerobic elements further if you keep experiencing frequent injuries; it may be that your players are more susceptible to injuries - ask your physio(s) for reports in this case.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skogmantore:

Questions: Is there a pattern to the difference between the 1, 2 and 3 schedule for each position? Is one lighter than the other? When should I run Fitness and Pre-Season training? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Generally, the alternate (#2 & #3) schedules are less physically intensive than their original counterparts. Therefore, the excess training has been apportioned to the remaining training areas, and may be ideally suited for more technically gifted players.

Pre-Season should be undertaken before a new season commences. However, the duration of pre-season is entirely upto you, but should be decided based upon when your players return from holidays and when the season actually starts. For example, in England players typically return from holidays the end of June, and the season starts early-to-mid August. Therefore, 3-4 weeks of fairly intensive pre-season training would be given to bring players back upto match fitness is as short a space of time as possible, usually over 5-7 pre-season friendly matches.

The fitness schedules are ideal if you wish to bring a player back after long-term injuries, or alternatively if a player is lacking in the physical department compared to his technical and mental attributes. Be warned, however, that the increased intensity of aerobic and strength elements with fitness training may increase the possibility of injuries, so use it sparingly for the best results.

Suggestion: Some forum users have published schedules that can be imported "all-in-one". If possible, that would certainly make things easier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any ideas as to how this is achieved? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Seasoned Alcoholic:

Suggestion: Some forum users have published schedules that can be imported "all-in-one". If possible, that would certainly make things easier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any ideas as to how this is achieved? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's fairly simple, I use this method myself for saving & importing tactics...much, much easier!!

In the edit schedules window,rather than selecting 1 tactic & clicking export you have 2 other options:

SHIFT Click

Click the 1st tactic, scroll to the bottom of the list, hold SHIFT & click the last tactic. This selects every tactics in the list.

When exporting use shift-click to select all tactics & click export...it then exports all the clicked tactics to 1 file. This 1 file, when imported, will import all tactics that were selected.

CTRL Click

Same as before but by holding dow CTRL & clicking individual tactics you can create a tactic "set".

For example, you could put all FT, PT & Youth tactics into 3 seperate tactic sets so people can only import tactics they require as needed.

Hi. Can you outline to me how I should distinguish between players suited for tactics V. 1 and V. 2 for example; if I was choosing my defensice midfielder training and I had this player, what stats should I look for in him or any DM to choose between the two. josejesusvs0.png I looked at your rough outlines in the first post but 1. They do not tell note anything of difference between 1s and 2s of the stratergy, and I also looked at your longer outlines of what stats are good for players but they do not help me distinguish as I'm not the best at the training stuff..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Any ideas as to how this is achieved? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've actually already combined them myself for my own use, I can post them up if you like?

I've been using your schedules for my Bath City BSS game but having trouble with players stats dropping, some having stats dropping from all different training groups. The players aren't complaining about the schedules either but perhaps my crappy assistant and coach aren't doing them any favours.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Powermonger:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Any ideas as to how this is achieved? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've actually already combined them myself for my own use, I can post them up if you like?

I've been using your schedules for my Bath City BSS game but having trouble with players stats dropping, some having stats dropping from all different training groups. The players aren't complaining about the schedules either but perhaps my crappy assistant and coach aren't doing them any favours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would certainly appreciate if you posted the combined schedules. Or send it to me in an e-mail (see my profile). If you wouldn't mind...

Cheers!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Support Monkey:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Seasoned Alcoholic:

Any ideas as to how this is achieved? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's fairly simple, I use this method myself for saving & importing tactics...much, much easier!!

In the edit schedules window,rather than selecting 1 tactic & clicking export you have 2 other options:

SHIFT Click

Click the 1st tactic, scroll to the bottom of the list, hold SHIFT & click the last tactic. This selects every tactics in the list.

When exporting use shift-click to select all tactics & click export...it then exports all the clicked tactics to 1 file. This 1 file, when imported, will import all tactics that were selected.

CTRL Click

Same as before but by holding dow CTRL & clicking individual tactics you can create a tactic "set".

For example, you could put all FT, PT & Youth tactics into 3 seperate tactic sets so people can only import tactics they require as needed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many thanks for this, I had no idea it was possible to export schedules in this way icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Powermonger:

I've been using your schedules for my Bath City BSS game but having trouble with players stats dropping, some having stats dropping from all different training groups. The players aren't complaining about the schedules either but perhaps my crappy assistant and coach aren't doing them any favours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would certainly appreciate if you posted the combined schedules. Or send it to me in an e-mail (see my profile). If you wouldn't mind...

Cheers! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, go for it dude! icon14.gif

In terms of lower league sides, I believe the schedules are influenced (amongst other things) by the quality of the training facilities, staff coaching abilities, but most critically the restraint of part-time training intensities for both players and staff. This is probably why players on part-time contracts can never fulfill their potential in comparison to those on full-time contracts, therefore you should look to move as many of your players from part-time to full-time contracts as possible. However, this is not easily achieved with the players in lower league football, and staff may only wish to change to full-time contracts once the club's playing status has moved from semi-professional to professional.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bububu:

Hi. Can you outline to me how I should distinguish between players suited for tactics V. 1 and V. 2 for example; if I was choosing my defensice midfielder training and I had this player, what stats should I look for in him or any DM to choose between the two. josejesusvs0.png I looked at your rough outlines in the first post but 1. They do not tell note anything of difference between 1s and 2s of the stratergy, and I also looked at your longer outlines of what stats are good for players but they do not help me distinguish as I'm not the best at the training stuff.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Analysis of position-based training schedules

Defensive Midfielders

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Stamina: perhaps the most important attribute for a holding player. He will be expected to work hard in the engine room of midfield, protecting the backline and linking up the play at the same time.

<LI>Technical: similar in nature to a centrehalf, such as tackling, marking, positioning, anticipation. However, passing is also important as he will need to retain possession for the team.

<LI>Mental: another key area of a DM’s game. They need to be sharp and read the game well in order to make the correct decisions.

... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After a quick look at the attributes, I would agree with you that this player is most ideally suited as a DM. Although he has exceptional marking and tackling attributes, his poor heading and jumping attributes would leave him aerially exposed as a CH, as well as his somewhat average attributes for concentration and positioning. Therefore, he may be ideally suited to DM Skills 2 due to his technical capabilities, but you may wish to introduce CH Tactics 2 as well in order to encourage development of the key defensive attributes. Perhaps use DM Skills 2 for 2 months, and then 1 month of CH tactics 2 for the best results, but it is entirely upto you. Good luck icon14.gif

After a quick look at the attributes, I would agree with you that this player is most ideally suited as a DM. Although he has exceptional <STRIKE>marking</STRIKE> passing and tackling attributes, his poor heading and jumping attributes would leave him aerially exposed as a CH, as well as his somewhat average attributes for marking, concentration and positioning. Therefore, he may be ideally suited to DM Skills 2 due to his technical capabilities, but you may wish to introduce CH Tactics 2 as well in order to encourage development of the key defensive attributes. Perhaps use DM Skills 2 for 2 months, and then 1 month of CH tactics 2 for the best results, but it is entirely upto you. Good luck icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amended.

Archived