• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PRESTON NORTH END - The club was a founding member of the Football League and completed the inaugural season unbeaten to become the first league champions, in the same season winning the FA Cup without conceding a goal to become the first club to achieve the English football "Double". Preston's unbeaten League and Cup season earned them the nickname "The Invincibles". 

Based on results achieved in the Football League from 1888–89 to 2015–16, Preston were ranked as the fourth most-successful English football club of all time domestically. 

Preston North End were famously successful during the early years of professional football in England. In 1887, Preston beat Hyde 26–0 in the First Round of the FA Cup, still a record winning margin in English first-class football. Preston forward Jimmy Ross scored eight goals in the match, going on to score 19 goals in the competition that season, also still a record. 

In 1888–89, they became the first league champions and the first winners of "The Double", becoming the only team to date to go throughout an entire season unbeaten in both the league and FA Cup – winning the FA Cup without conceding a goal

Preston were league champions again the following season, but have not won the title since, although they have been league runners-up six times, including three consecutive seasons (1891–93) and twice in the 1950s. The club's last major trophy win was their FA Cup triumph in 1938.

Preston's most famous player, Sir Tom Finney, played for the club between 1946 and 1960. Finney is considered to be one of the greatest footballers of all time, and was also a local lad, dubbed the "Preston Plumber" due to his professional training as a plumber. Finney remains the club's top goalscorer, with 187 goals from 433 appearances, and also scored 30 international goals for England.

Until Ultimate Legends and Stars 1880 - 2017, Tom Finney was on his own, but we have brought in a few of his friends including George Boyd... Marching in to join Finney is the full roster of players who won the double in the 1888-1889 season and were first club to win THE DOUBLE and go UNBEATEN for the whole season. 

Coming in currently in The Premiership media prediction 7 - We welcome back The Lilywhites! - and the Manager will be the man who guided them to the double in 1888-1889. We also welcome back the Chairman too.

Ladies & Gentlemen - A Team comprised of Scottish, English & Welsh Men only: Give it up for: THE INVINCIBLES

pne.png

Edited by Fenech

Just to let you know I have a little more work left to do, I have already released the Preston North End Double winning invincible of 1888/89. I will be bringing back the very best of the 1930 and 1950 Uruguay world cup winning squads which should make Uruguay a real force to be reckoned with. Some of the main players are already in it but there are some who have been researched and produced, I just need to test them and make sure they are 100% accurate.

What we should be able to find out then is what would have happened had the Austrian Wunderteam faced the Uruguay which won the world cups. We will of course find out how The mighty magyars fared against these two powerhouses as well.

I want to thank everyone for so many suggestions and teams, it is not possible to do full teams for the rest of the championship and full teams for dundee united and hibs at this time. However I will be releasing further updates after the game has been released with more players and more teams and when I release this again for FM 2018 or FM 2019, I promise that more of the smaller teams will have complete squads god willing.

We are over 550000 database changes

3000 legends and stars including managers and chairman

I am going to be releasing 31 more players and a few more managers

including:

The Danish Team which won the 1992 European Championships to celebrate 25 years since the achievement. Again a few of the players were already released but i am going to ensure they are all there

I have to tidy up the squads and work on bringing the database ready for release, as you know this is a professional program with nothing left to chance and I do not release until it has been perfected.

I am hoping to release by this weekend, if not it will definitely be at some point next week and as soon as I have a clear date i will let you know straight away.

Thanks to everyone for your support and those who have played this game know that it is well worth the wait. I will be taking no more suggestions for this years edition.

Please bear with me while I work around the clock to get this job done. :thup:

Where does this rank alongside your previous databases in terms of number of legends? Have you just copied over the existing legends or have you added more in this version?

Played both your previous efforts (your FM16 DB is the only reason the game is still installed on my laptop) so looking forward to this one.

53 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Where does this rank alongside your previous databases in terms of number of legends? Have you just copied over the existing legends or have you added more in this version?

Played both your previous efforts (your FM16 DB is the only reason the game is still installed on my laptop) so looking forward to this one.

This is one is better, there are more legends than in the previous two versions including for the first time ever, the double winning preston north end team of 1888-1889, The 1930 and 1950 Uruguay World Cup Winning Squads and the Danish 1992 European Championship winning squad. I would say that without a doubt this is going to be the best one yet. :thup:

Really looking forward to this, it should be great! I loved last year's database so much, so glad you're doing it again! I can' imagine how much effort you must put in.

If it's not too much extra hassle, I'd love if you could put just one player from Bristol City in, John Atyeo. Bristol City's all time leading goalscorer, with 314 goals in 597 games, and 5 in 6 for England. It would be great to see him in but no bother if not!

Keep up the good work my friend.

22 hours ago, IgnorantLobster said:

Really looking forward to this, it should be great! I loved last year's database so much, so glad you're doing it again! I can' imagine how much effort you must put in.

If it's not too much extra hassle, I'd love if you could put just one player from Bristol City in, John Atyeo. Bristol City's all time leading goalscorer, with 314 goals in 597 games, and 5 in 6 for England. It would be great to see him in but no bother if not!

John Atyeo will be in there. I look forward to releasing this. I really appreciate your support, it is for players like yourself who appreciate the effort and understand that this has to be re made from scratch every year to the same high standards and the time it takes to ensure that each player, manager or chairman is produced right down to the very last detail and no stat is left to chance that makes this the ultimate legends game for Football Manager, that the whole game is checked & coded to ensure a smooth enjoyable playing experience and having played the game you understand what is coming! It is for the players like you that makes the effort worthwhile. Unfortunately due to the lack of promotion, I am unable to reach the wider FM community with this so you would be shocked that a huge number of FM players (the large majority) do not even know about the Ultimate Legends series for Football Manager and have not heard about this. Of course not every player comes on here and not every player who comes on here goes to the download section of Editors Hideaway so this is very much Hid Away. :lol:  

Edited by Fenech

Are teams players deleted so legends are just in squads ?? Need info for any other teams ??

Edited by cel1234

13 minutes ago, cel1234 said:

Are teams players deleted so legends are just in squads ?? Need info for any other teams ??

no players deleted, no teams deleted. The teams with full 25 man squads or more. Some of the lesser players are released so they can find other clubs where they have a chance of playing and developing... Yes all legends and stars in mainly in the squad they played for at the exact age they played for that club, that has always been the guarantee, there may be a few exceptions, where the club they played for is now extinct or e.g. they are better off in one team they played for than they are in the other again for balancing reasons. You have been a fantastic help and the Preston north end squad was a great help too. No, I have finished the double winning Preston north end, just finished Uruguay 1930 and 1950 world cup winning squads, a few of the players i couldn't do because there is not enough information on them at the moment to be released and I only release once tested and happy that the player is as close to reality as possible. I have about 100 players left to re produce and test and then the danish 1992 European champions, i then have recode and get the game ready released god willing this week or if not early next week... then more information will be given on how to obtain the database. No more teams! If i think of any I will let you know as I know you will help out with teams. :thup:

Loved the 2014 version. Then you topped it with 2016. The reason  I am playing FM2016 over FM2017 is this awesome Ultimate database. To know it's coming to FM2017 is sensational. Proper kudos to you Fenech and all your work, hopefully Luigi Riva is not 4'11" in 2017 :). Love the difficulties created in the transfet market and eventually when you become the manager of a country when tryig to select the 'best team'. Cheers man

17 hours ago, Marius71 said:

Loved the 2014 version. Then you topped it with 2016. The reason  I am playing FM2016 over FM2017 is this awesome Ultimate database. To know it's coming to FM2017 is sensational. Proper kudos to you Fenech and all your work, hopefully Luigi Riva is not 4'11" in 2017 :). Love the difficulties created in the transfet market and eventually when you become the manager of a country when tryig to select the 'best team'. Cheers man

Thanks for your support! Counting down to release, should have a release day very soon! People like you make all the effort worthwhile. I only wish this could reach a wider FM audience because it definitely deserves to. :thup:

Full Teams of Legends and Stars with 25 players or more including managers and chairman

Austrian Wunderteam - Fussballklub Austria Wien

Blackburn Rovers - They won the Premiership

Bolton Wanderers 

Fulham

Leeds - Don ****n' Revie and his Dirty Dirty Leeds of the 70's

Leicester

Middlesbrough

Preston North End - The Double Winning Champions of 1888-1889

Watford

Everton 

Aston Villa

Newcastle

Nottingham Forest - Brian Clough and Back to Back European Champions

Sheffield Wednesday - A giant has Awoken

Sunderland - The Team of All talents from the early 1900's

Tottenham - Bill Nicholson and they did the Double in the Sixties - Jimmy Greaves

Liverpool - The best of the decades - including the 80's

Chelsea - The 70s and the rest of the best of the kings road clan including Chopper Harris

Arsenal - The Invincibles are back plus the best of the rest

Manchester United - The best of all the decades 

Manchester City - Still filthy rich and Oil Laden.

Portsmouth

Wimbledon - The real Wombles are back and they are The Crazy Gang led by Wise

Norwich - Don't mess with these Canaries

Wolves - Steve Bull and co

Southampton - Ever wonder if they hadnt sold all their stars?

West Ham - See Above oh yea Bobby Moore leads this team

Monaco

Lyon

PSG 

Bayern Munich 

Ajax - Total Football Returns

PSV 

AC Milan 

Roma 

Inter Milan

Juventus

The Grande Torino 

Fiorentina

FCP - Porto

SLB - Benfica

Sporting Lisbon

Aberdeen

Celtic

Rangers 

Hearts

International Team - Hungary & The Mighty Magyars

Atletico Madrid

Barcelona

Real Madrid - The Galacticos

River Plate - LA MAQUINA

International Team - The Uruguayan World Cup winning team of 1930 and 1950

International Team - The Danish 1992 European Champions.

The rest of the teams have legends and star, they may indeed have a lot of them, but just not full teams of at least 25 or more. 

Edited by Fenech

On 7/19/2017 at 09:40, IgnorantLobster said:

JohnAtyeo.png

I can confirm that Ultimate Legends FM 1880 - 2017 is officially released.

If you would like to obtain the database and the face pack you need to send me a private message.

I will then let you know what you need to do to obtain it via private message. :thup:

PNE was a founding member of the Football League and completed the inaugural season unbeaten to become the first league champions, in the same season winning the FA Cup without conceding a goal to become the first club to achieve the English football "Double". Preston's unbeaten League and Cup season earned them the nickname "The Invincibles".

In 1888-89, they became the first league champions and the first winners of "THE DOUBLE", becoming the only team to date to go throughout an entire season unbeaten in both the league and FA Cup – winning the FA Cup without conceding a goal.

Preston were league champions again the following season, but have not won the title since, although they have been league runners-up six times, including three consecutive seasons (1891–93) and twice in the 1950s. 

Preston North End in 1888–89, the first Football League champions, subsequently doing The DOUBLE

Preston's most famous player, SIR TOM FINNEY, played for the club between 1946 and 1960. Finney is considered to be one of the greatest footballers of all time, and was also a local lad, dubbed the "Preston Plumber" due to his professional training as a plumber. Finney remains the club's top goalscorer, with 187 goals from 433 appearances, and also scored 30 international goals for ENGLAND

I wanted to release this team in 2016 but they were not ready. Finally after 2 years in the making and obtaining the sources needed I am proud to announce the newest editions to the Ultimate Legends Series.

Finally Tom FInney has some company! :lol:

PLEASE GIVE A VERY WARM WELCOME TO : PRESTON NORTH END.

PNE.png

797px-Preston_North_End_in_1888-89,_the_first_Football_League_champions.jpg

Edited by Fenech

If you would like to obtain the database and the face pack you need to send me a private message.

I will then let you know what you need to do to obtain it via private message. :thup:

Due to the amount of time and effort put it in to making this the ultimate legends and stars game and the most in-depth detailed legends game ever produced this content is no longer free. Therefore I will not be making any of the Ultimate Legends & Stars content free anymore. This content is no longer free because I value my time. 

Firstly this is a massive update, no other update comes close to it in comparison.

I have spent thousands of hours working on this to ensure that it is made in great detail and nothing is left to chance.

No one who has played this series does not appreciate the update for what it is, by far the most detailed and indepth legends game ever made for football manager.

I am not selling this modification as at the moment you can't sell modifications through steam without steam taking a large percentage which is totally extortionate.

Edited by Fenech

52 minutes ago, scotty1974 said:

Database looks great, im having problems with faces not showing etc also there showing on wrong player some off them

Hi mate

The faces work great for me 

Make sure you clear your cache and reload your skin.

If not work delete the graphics folder completely. Then put the graphics in again. Make sure no other files are in there.Clear cache reload skin. Then load game and let me know how you get on or send me a PM for more support.

Edited by Fenech

1 minute ago, Fenech said:

Yes that's right. 

1 minute ago, Fenech said:

Clear your cache

Tick box to reload skin upon clearing cache 

Reload skin

Then it should work 

In preferences 

1 minute ago, scotty1974 said:

still not getting faces to work correctly after doing as you said fenech, some work some dont and some wrong person

They all work for me. Did you unzip the face pack and drag the graphics folder into the correct place?

3 minutes ago, scotty1974 said:
4 minutes ago, scotty1974 said:

yes , if i dindt have it in correct place no faces would show, im saying some do, some are wrong and some dont show full stop

Ok mate. Well that's strange because it is working perfectly here. Let me go home. Delete the graphics folder you have and I'll send another link just in case. :)