Board Confidence: Conduct?

Was just wondering if Board Confidence should include a sub-section regarding a manager's personal conduct.

We get occasional e-mails which refer to the board's opinion of our conduct:

"York board are reportedly delighted that manager Amaroq has reaffirmed his commitment to the club by refuting his interest in the vacancy at Q.P.R."

"Amaroq handed further warning by the F.A. .. The York board are unhappy that you have drawn attention to the club from the F.A. and have warned you to be careful what you say to the media."

Plus, of course, warnings that "Further such outbursts will not be tolerated" (Ultimatum), etc. Further, we all know managers can get sacked (in-game) for things like a progressive lack of discipline or over-discipline at the club.

With the added media module (pre- and post-match interviews) presumably opening up yet more entertaining ways that we can offend the board ;), is it time that we had a place where we can keep track of our perceived relationship with the board?

I'm envisioning a straightforward addition to the Board Confidence screen, "Conduct", which would probably only indicate things which are currently problems, or were problems recently.

E.g.:

"The York board are delighted with your recent declaration of loyalty to the club."

"The York board are pleased that you have avoided any controversial statements to the media for the past three months."

"Overall, the York board are pleased with your personal conduct."

:thup: Love this idea. Atm our conduct is compeltely ignored, although someone did mention they got sacked for complaining to the FA too much, but I remember in older games there was a media relationship section to the manager profile, which meant we had to think twice about our conduct.

A lot of people called for the removal of board confidence, but I think it will be an excellent addition when it works properly, and there are plenty of possibilities to expand on it. The strange thing is that things like conduct aren't included, but finances are despite us having limited control over them.

ok now dude, you've proved your a genius with yet another good idea. Please stop now your making the rest of us look bad! ;)

It's a good idea, but you don't need to be a genius to come up with it. I'm sure he's not the first person ever to think that it might a good idea if our conduct didn't get ignored.

A top notch idea and a very well thought out and presented post. It smells of genius to me, I must say!

There can be no doubt that you would have to be a legendary manager irl not to be called in front of the board if you constantly made a fool of yourself and the club with your outbursts in the press etc.

I always thought Michaelangelo liked pizza too much to be considered a genius. John O'Shea is a genius because despite his bizarre eyebrows he always looks surprised, i'd always look surprised too if I was that bad, yet somehow played for the European Champions.

lol another great idea, Amaroq... not convinced about the "genius" part as yet though, sorry!

must admit though, i turned down the England job the other day (no, really) and it didnt even get a peep outa the board, the FA, the fans.. nothing. surely that cant be right!? usually if you turn down an international job, dont the respctive FA's say theyre disappointed in your decision and hope to be able to work with you in the future (or words to that effect?)

Would like to see it but only aslong as they don't **** it up like 08's confidence feature.

I think it's one of those things that shouldn't have too much power over your job stability but if things are going wrong - then the board would use it against you.

Neji - the thing is, we already can get sacked for poor conduct, right? We just can't tell when we're getting close to that line.

I actually didn't know that, and seemingly ignored where you said that in your original post :D

I like this idea as long as it was linked into the other confidence ratings.

So if you were consistently winning but your conduct was poor (a la Mourinho) you wouldn't get sacked. However, poor conduct and poor performances should mean you get sacked that much sooner.

Good idea!

If Amaroq had a direct phone number for SI Towers (or, better yet, an old fashioned fax machine :cool:) then the game would be that much sharper.

:D

They have my resume, e-mail, and direct number .. but something tells me they have more ideas than time at the moment.

Archived