Transfer Fee Queries

Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding transfer fees:

• Does the game account for inflation at all?  
    • In the real world transfer fees appear to have inflated broadly in line with the income streams for major clubs over the past couple of decades thus a player at a particular standard has increased in value over this time.
    • How does the game account for this?
    • Is it realistic or does the game assume 0% inflation therefore all future transfers remain at the value of today?
  • Why is it that various clubs from differing countries and with significantly different transfer budgets negotiate to exactly the same price when selling a player?  
    • Does the AI work collectively or independently for each non-human controlled club? 

If this has been discussed before then please direct me to the correct thread.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding transfer fees:

• Does the game account for inflation at all?  
    • In the real world transfer fees appear to have inflated broadly in line with the income streams for major clubs over the past couple of decades thus a player at a particular standard has increased in value over this time.
    • How does the game account for this?
    • Is it realistic or does the game assume 0% inflation therefore all future transfers remain at the value of today?
  • Why is it that various clubs from differing countries and with significantly different transfer budgets negotiate to exactly the same price when selling a player?  
    • Does the AI work collectively or independently for each non-human controlled club? 

If this has been discussed before then please direct me to the correct thread.

Thanks.

No inflation built into FM at all but due to differing amounts of income received by clubs in different countries it means some can build up massive warchests over time and can therefore afford to pay bigger fees (English clubs in particular here).

AI clubs are all independent but a lot of transfer work for AI clubs is done behind the scenes and because the AI clubs work with the same coding then you are going to get similar results for clubs that have similar inputs into the calculations.

Archived