Jump to content

Fixing my cash flow


Recommended Posts

So, I'm managing dortmund, and i sell players every season; i develop youth players then sell them on for ridiculous profits and move in the next wonderkid. only problem is, i just don't want to sell them sometimes, especially when they're scoring 60 goals a season (in all comps). I don't want to really on constantly moving people along. But, if i don't, then we lose a **** ton of money. it's not even like i have players on big wages really. Either way, i still have lower wages than bayern, even though we've been a consistently better team since i started in the 16/17 season. i also don't spend too much on signings, just every now and again. Club also isn't in debt. All my players are effectively in 8 year deals (5 + 3yrs extension) with a low wage for their ability.

 

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, lo_spostato said:

The excessive amount of monthly transfer expenditure is quite evident. That's the problem.

Moreover your money prize seems very low for a german league. What's your usual position in the table?

First... Overwhelmingly first. Although, germany lost a champions league place

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

We can't see your transfer income on the income screen - You've cut it off the bottom.

In general though it looks like you just about broke even last season after adding £85m ish? via the editor.

What stands out though is you spending £282m on transfers last season and is likely a huge part of your issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mate, you spent over £330 MILLION on transfer and agent fees last season?! Can't see your transfer income but that is pretty massive.

Other thing that stands out is your contracts include huge extra payments. Wage bill looks small but once you add in staff wages (how are those so high?!) bonuses and loyalty fees it's working out to a wage budget of over £4.5M a week which is absolutely huge.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

We can't see your transfer income on the income screen - You've cut it off the bottom.

In general though it looks like you just about broke even last season after adding £85m ish? via the editor.

What stands out though is you spending £282m on transfers last season and is likely a huge part of your issue.

I played about with transferring players between clubs, signed kroos and changed my mind and moved him back to real madrid. that's the transfers.

Staff wages are  probably so high because of the quality and size of my scouting/coaching, along with having very good staff at youth stages too.

So should i give in to more wages rather than having high bonuses?

Below is all transfer business past 3 seasons

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah transfers look ok, you are trading a lot but bringing in more than you are paying out.

You need to concentrate on those wages & bonus payments to staff & players.

If you aren't comfortable in negotiating them down get a good DOF and let him negotiate the contracts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Cougar2010 said:

Yeah transfers look ok, you are trading a lot but bringing in more than you are paying out.

You need to concentrate on those wages & bonus payments to staff & players.

If you aren't comfortable in negotiating them down get a good DOF and let him negotiate the contracts.

Is there any particular attributes needed to get good deals with DOF, mine is good in the fact he has 20 in judging ability and potential in 15 in man management

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, A_Person (Named George) said:

Is there any particular attributes needed to get good deals with DOF, mine is good in the fact he has 20 in judging ability and potential in 15 in man management

I don't think so just let him have a go and see what sort of contracts he offers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. you're splashing out.

2. as long as you're splashing out, it doesn't matter if you're paying high wages or mastodontic bonuses. It's practically the difference between paying something in either one massive installment or in many smaller ones. If you're really fond of a player and you think you're not going to sell him ever, my strategy is to offer a very high "precentage of sale". If it's very high, the player won't care about bonuses at all.

It works with trasnfers too. If your team is more prestigious than the seller, another good option is to offer a buy back clause. They are not going to use it.

3. Imho, every weekly wage higher than 6000€ is simply ridicolous. plenty of unknown coaches and scouts are as good as the word class ones, just cheaper. The only exception is Tassotti in Fm15. It's not the best (ca~160) but it's the most comprehensive assistant manager ever, so he deserves even twenty grands.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, A_Person (Named George) said:

I played about with transferring players between clubs, signed kroos and changed my mind and moved him back to real madrid. that's the transfers.

Staff wages are  probably so high because of the quality and size of my scouting/coaching, along with having very good staff at youth stages too.

So should i give in to more wages rather than having high bonuses?

Below is all transfer business past 3 seasons

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

You have to think about each contract on its own merits. If you're bringing in a striker and expect him to score 50 goals a season, than a £30k goal bonus is gonna be more expensive than £20k in wages. It's very, very hard to reduce already-huge wage bills without massively damaging your squad though, as existing players won't take pay cuts and new ones will want parity with them, so in truth any improvement from here is going to be pretty slow. You're paying more than Munich do in real life and roughly the same as Arsenal (with huge Premier League TV Money) and PSG (a sugar-daddy) - below only Barca, Madrid, Chelsea and the two Manchester clubs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

You have to think about each contract on its own merits. If you're bringing in a striker and expect him to score 50 goals a season, than a £30k goal bonus is gonna be more expensive than £20k in wages. 

I think he was talking about the signing fee.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Spurs08 said:

You have to think about each contract on its own merits. If you're bringing in a striker and expect him to score 50 goals a season, than a £30k goal bonus is gonna be more expensive than £20k in wages. It's very, very hard to reduce already-huge wage bills without massively damaging your squad though, as existing players won't take pay cuts and new ones will want parity with them, so in truth any improvement from here is going to be pretty slow. You're paying more than Munich do in real life and roughly the same as Arsenal (with huge Premier League TV Money) and PSG (a sugar-daddy) - below only Barca, Madrid, Chelsea and the two Manchester clubs.

Alright thanks. I play for the long term anyway.

 

4 minutes ago, lo_spostato said:

1. you're splashing out.

2. as long as you're splashing out, it doesn't matter if you're paying high wages or mastodontic bonuses. It's practically the difference between paying something in either one massive installment or in many smaller ones. If you're really fond of a player and you think you're not going to sell him ever, my strategy is to offer a very high "precentage of sale". If it's very high, the player won't care about bonuses at all.

It works with trasnfers too. If your team is more prestigious than the seller, another good option is to offer a buy back clause. They are not going to use it.

3. Imho, every weekly wage higher than 6000€ is simply ridicolous. plenty of unknown coaches and scouts are as good as the word class ones, just cheaper. The only exception is Tassotti in Fm15. It's not the best (ca~160) but it's the most comprehensive assistant manager ever, so he deserves even twenty grands.

 

Suppose i'll try replacing some scouts, coaches, etc, and also offer the players i plan on not selling on the percentage of sale.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, A_Person (Named George) said:

Alright thanks. I play for the long term anyway.

 

Suppose i'll try replacing some scouts, coaches, etc, and also offer the players i plan on not selling on the percentage of sale.

Consider doing that just after their contracts expire or you'll have to pay a fee (dunno the english name, sorry)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet many of the expenses are staff wages. I have my dof negotiating the renewals of my huge staff team and it's slowly rivaling the players' wage total (!)

I keep the last one very low because I negotiate their contracts myself

Link to post
Share on other sites

One small piece of advice from me.

Every year, buy one or three (at the most) players with the intention to sell them the next year. Pay a maximum of 5M for each player.
Doesn't matter if you don't really like them as players. The intention here is to give them some match time so their value rises, and then sell them for 20M each.
Things to consider with this approach:
-Buy players in roles that help with raising the value. For example, a BWM won't see much of a raise in their value. On the other hand, a Right Defender will. A Winger too.
-Pay the other team ridiculous bonuses (25M after 50 league matches or 25M after 50 league goals). That way you can decrease the cash upfront.
And don't worry. Since you will sell them the next year, there is no way they can make 50 league appearances or score 50 league goals.

This helps in the short-term, because with developing youngsters (the thing you are doing atm), you have to wait for some years.

Also, the most important thing for me. Sell players in 48months installments. This is so to counter the FFP.
Suppose you sell one player with 50M cash upfront. You now have a Current Season Profit/Loss of +50M. But what about the next year?
You finish the season with 50M profit (random number), but for the next season you start from 0 (forget about the sponsorship for a while). That 50M profit went to your balance and if you are in trouble, your chairman has a maximum amount to invest (which is way lower than the 50M).
But, if you do the "sell in installments" way (let's say 50M in 48months), each year you will have +12.5M profit which will help towards the FFP. And of course, this amount will be added to your balance too (but in a 4 year period).
Find the balance between selling with cash upfront and selling in installments.

One way to decrease the staff wages is to offer many years when offering a contract. A coach will accept less for a 5-year contract, instead of more for a 2-year contract.
You should be careful though, because if you want to terminate his contract, you will pay much, so, only do that for good coaches.


Hope this helps.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...