Make the user/manager salary usable for something, anything

spauny

I've been requesting this feature since fm 2008 at least but I don't know why it wasn't implemented by now. It doesn't take that much time/effort and it would change considerably the game immersion.

FEATURE: Implement a simple bank account for user/manager with an amount that increases year after year based on salary earned, bonuses, etc and then allow the user to re invest or just simply donate that amount back to the club (the club he's contracted with). 

I don't want something arcade like fifa manager where you can buy houses or boats or any crap like that but being able to reinvest would mean so much! You could slave away 3 years at man city, earn like 10 mil and then reinvest at Nottingham Forest - that would be amazing! Not to mention the added incentive or actually winning a trophy (for man city) for the salary bonus that could get you one step closer to achieving your dream (have more money to invest at Nott Forest )

But no, at the moment, the salary it's just a silly number, negotiating your salary means nothing, breaks immersion and reminds you that this is just a silly game and you could very well work for 1 euro!

4 minutes ago, spauny said:

I've been requesting this feature since fm 2008 at least but I don't know why it wasn't implemented by now. It doesn't take that much time/effort and it would change considerably the game immersion.

Because its not a good idea and its even mentioned in the sticker thread at the top of the forum.

FEATURE: Implement a simple bank account for user/manager with an amount that increases year after year based on salary earned, bonuses, etc and then allow the user to re invest or just simply donate that amount back to the club (the club he's contracted with). 

Real managers also have real life expenses such as mortgages as well as investing in things like pensions & non-football investments etc etc.

Can you give any examples of managers who have given money back to the club they were managing?

I don't want something arcade like fifa manager where you can buy houses or boats or any crap like that but being able to reinvest would mean so much! You could slave away 3 years at man city, earn like 10 mil and then reinvest at Nottingham Forest - that would be amazing! Not to mention the added incentive or actually winning a trophy (for man city) for the salary bonus that could get you one step closer to achieving your dream (have more money to invest at Nott Forest )

But no, at the moment, the salary it's just a silly number, negotiating your salary means nothing, breaks immersion and reminds you that this is just a silly game and you could very well work for 1 euro!

The salary isn't a silly number and doesn't mean nothing.

It affects your job security and how likely other clubs are to approach you.

Why isn't it a good idea? Why would you personally hate or mind this? 

This did happen in my home town, with a successful coach investing money in his childhood team to prevent it from closing. So yeah, it can happen, you don't hear about it very often because if it happens, it does at a very small scale or level but it's a perfectly valid scenario and the game should give you this option. All of my friends would love this, would love the option to immerse even more into the experience and into a particular club/team. 

And yes, the salary is a silly number! What job security? I've been playing FM for 10 years and never felt this affects how clubs approach me. Yes, if I request or set a high salary then obviously this would scare some clubs, but that's the thing: there's no point in asking for a high salary!

12 minutes ago, spauny said:

Why isn't it a good idea? Why would you personally hate or mind this? 

Because its not realistic for the most part.

Do you work?  If so how much of your wages do you give back to your employer?

Like any working adult most managers won't have lots of money left over after tax & living expenses.  Donating money to a local amateur club is totally different to investing in a professional club.  Even at the very top end the players/managers who have gone on to be board members don't usually invest their own money, they are paid employees at board level.

At which point you are getting dangerously close to suggesting a football chairman option which is another rubbish idea that gets bounced around every year.

No, I'm not suggesting a football chairman, I'm only asking for a feature be completely implemented or removed. If I can't do anything with my salary, I might as well not see it there, negotiated or otherwise. 

And NO, I don't think football chairman is a rubbish idea! I'm not that into this experience but I've seen a lot of people who are and it's still part of the football club experience and SI would gain a lot for enabling it. Either as part of FM or as a separate game.

Aren't we all here because we want to experience another life, another adventure? Some want to be managers, some would want just to be coaches and some chairmans, we all have our dreams and SI could enable these dreams and make good money out of it rather than dismissing them. They released a Hockey Manager so it looks like they want to expand their business. 

20 hours ago, spauny said:

No, I'm not suggesting a football chairman, I'm only asking for a feature be completely implemented or removed. If I can't do anything with my salary, I might as well not see it there, negotiated or otherwise. 

You're missing the point. 

You can't totally remove salary from the game, it's like removing player wages :lol: The players can't do anything with it, but you can't take it out of the game. The game is management simulator, nothing to do with how a manager outside of management spends their money. 

The part of the game it is included in is if you're performing badly on a low wage, the club will be more likely to sack you. If you're performing badly on a high wage and can't afford to pay off the rest of your contract and sack you, they'll keep you on for longer hoping you turn it around.

This is true vice versa, too. Overachieving on a small wage makes teams more likely to offer you a job as compensation is low. Doing the same on a high wage means it would cost more to get you so limits the jobs you'll be approached for.

That's how a salary works in management, so therefore is totally implemented in FM. Anything else, like buying things or having a bank account are nothing to do with management, so shouldn't be in a management simulator.

The problem here is still FM yes is a simulator, but a simulating GAME. Say the chairman and use of salary are unrealistic things but there are unrealistic thing in FM already. 

The salary in FM has its utility yes but is small. Could be more reasons to I try a better contract when I (re)negotiate.

The only logical reason I see for FM don't include a chairman mode is would lose one of the reasons of paying for the in-game editor that gives you a unsackable status.

There is a problem in the game that you have to ask the board to pay coaching courses for you, even though you may get enough to pay for it in 1 week with your own wages. The only thing i see that the money could be used for is this, and its even more interesting to have since it solves a problem in the current game.

Other staff pay for their own coaching courses i think? I don't remember.

13 hours ago, Preveza said:

I was told by Neill Brock not to knock others ideas. Let them feel free to speak their mind and give any idea they want. 

Yes but this suggestion is 'banned'. Read the sticky.

1 hour ago, vasilli07 said:

Yes but this suggestion is 'banned'. Read the sticky.

No it is not banned, but there surely must be a limit to the discussion when SI have said repeatedly that this feature will not be included?

On 15.05.2017 at 10:17, David_H1997 said:

It could be used for a self-funded coaching course, which would be great, however, this still wouldn't require a bank balance to be shown.

That's what I was thinking too, it gets so annoying when your club's finances are in red all the time so the board always refuses to fund your coaching course. Why can't I fund it on my own then, from my salary?

I wouldn't mind as side portion of the game that includes private life matters like this. Maybe i want to invest in property, and it all goes t*ts up. The press get wind of it, and start focusing on that in media confrences... 
Would rather they spent time on fixing more important bits though, that's a BIG expansion. 

• 6 months later...

Archived