Top target transfer

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the silly question, but I was wondering... how does this work? :)

Meaning that I tried to put a player as top target. I kept scouting many times, I was prompt by my staff to try and ask some of my players to speak well of the team as an incentive, I was prompt to watch to one of his league games in order to prove how strong my interest was and so on.

This has gone on and on for months, no effect whatsoever. Fine.

Did anyone had it work? (meaning that a player you scouted with "not interested at all in joining permanently" as cons in the report, became interested after using this feature).

Aside from that, the funny part of my question is:

Years (yes :D ) have passed now, but for whatever reason, he remains as my top transfer. No way. He is now too old and declining, I don't want him anymore even for free.

Unfortunately my staff keep bothering about him, and I can't find anyway to remove him from the top transfer.

In fact, because he is considered as such, the top transfer option is grayed out, so I can't even switch him for anyone else. It almost looks like once you choose a top target, you are forced to get him or be stuck with him.

Help please? :D

Hey kozmik,

Thanks for the answer.

There is that option indeed, but for some reason is grayed out, meaning I can't click it. Could it be that you can do it only at specific times, like during a transfer window, maybe only the summer one I don't know?

I never consciously checked at what time I attempted to remove him, because I would remember about it only when my ass man would give me that report and I am not even sure how often he does :D

This is interesting... There is hope though, I did this for Laporte in my Liverpool save, He was initially not interested in moving to me as Man U and chelsea were also after him.

But gradually and slowly (took about 6 months) due to continued scouting and interest he became "desperate to move to my club"

Transfer window opened we all made bids and he came to me.

Very similr thing happened with Dybala - but took about a season to convince him to move to me...

I was doing this for a player that was interested in joining, but their current club wasn't interested in selling. So I was just trying to pressure them into a more reasonable transfer price. I declared interest through the media, had him scouted repeatedly, and even went to watch a match of his.  The player responded through the media a couple of times, but never reached the point of becoming outright unsettled. I did make cursory bids for his club to turn down. I didn't get my players to use the media to encourage him to come, as you can. Not going to see it to fruition as the player in question is a talented young goalkeeper but I just had one come through the  youth academy. Right before I got to watch his match in person, ironically. It is a slow process, though - it was playing out through the season.

Archived