"Keep the ball out of one end...and stick it in the other!"

smp20

On 19/04/2017 at 10:52, noikeee said:

Given your track record in previous careers I'm hardly surprised by how this season's going, tbh. Getting promotion back isn't enough. Getting promotion as champions isn't enough. Maybe as dominating champions, maybe... :D

I guess that was a mildly decent job at the end. I'm not fully convinced by only 23 points clear at the top but that'll do. :D

What the hell happened with this league for it to only have 21 teams? That creates all sorts of mathematical problems. Bizarre.

19 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Great season in the end, and Enrique looks quite the talent!

It was a good finish and I'm very happy with Enrique - he's being tutored by Joselu already.

18 hours ago, Keano16 said:

Domination! 

Thankfully it ended that way, we could have easily fizzled out at the end especially after that run of 3 games without a win.

15 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Never doubted the outcome, not for a moment. Nevertheless, very impressive! Well done! :applause:

Cheers, fingers crossed we can do well in La Liga

5 hours ago, noikeee said:

I guess that was a mildly decent job at the end. I'm not fully convinced by only 23 points clear at the top but that'll do. :D

What the hell happened with this league for it to only have 21 teams? That creates all sorts of mathematical problems. Bizarre.

Perhaps I needed to win the cup? Pesky Suarez, ruining that chance :D

There are actually 22 teams in the league, I just couldn't fit the whole table on my laptop screen, so the team that finished dead last, Sevilla Atletico, didn't get on the screenshot. Maybe I did them a favour?

Talking of B teams, our lot managed to do really well, finishing 2nd in the league (3rd tier) and narrowly losing in the play-offs to Racing Santander.

On 2017-4-27 at 16:55, smp20 said:

There are actually 22 teams in the league, I just couldn't fit the whole table on my laptop screen, so the team that finished dead last, Sevilla Atletico, didn't get on the screenshot. Maybe I did them a favour?

Nevermind, maths fail on my part. :idiot:

Well, I've managed to get really far ahead of myself here, was having a football weekend with my mate and we played a lot of FM! Coupled with lots of playing while travelling. Quite a few updates will come soon, I promise!

Image result for granada cf

Granada 2018/19 Update

L3B97pi.png

We're predicted to finish 13th in the league, which seems fair.

Transfers Out

BWzFt9Q.png

It was disappointing to see Lomban go. The cash on offer for Widmer was too much to turn down, while Heuraux, Saunier and Atzili were surplus to requirements. Unfortunately, we lost the wonder-performing Charlie Taylor to Benfica for his release clause.

Transfers In

je3FUET.png

The highlighted players  are the first team signings, with the others bolstering our B team. As you can see, I've taken a gamble on two controversial English players.

oPc2HvS.png

Pablo is our replacement for Lomban. His mental ability is fantastic!

YikSO77.png

Oliver is an inspired signing, or at least he was until this happened...

oMlsxz6.png

Andre Gray reminds me of Ian Wright. Temperamental and from the lower-leagues, a late bloomer. He could be the ideal poacher for our system, or he could completely flop. At £5.5m, he's worth a try.

pbhjhVP.png

We needed leadership at the back and Argentine Nervo brings exactly that to the table. Should form a strong partnership with Insua.

mTLu77C.png

Another controversial character, Ravel has bags of ability but we all know why he's never blossomed. I'm going to be the one to tame him.

EaeJl00.png

Jaume is a good replacement for Charlie Taylor - quick and excellent mentals.

Results

7Ll1w9U.png

We started strongly against rivals Malaga, but faltered against Espanyol. Overall, our home form has been fantastic including a 5 win streak to start. This was halted by Barcelona, who narrowly beat us 1-0. We are yet to win on our travels.

D9ma1mu.png

Not as strong defensively as I'd like, but we've had a great start results wise. Andre Gray has been a goalscoring machine! 5th place after 12 games is something to be proud of. However, after a great opportunity came up it was time to move on from Sunny Granada.... 

omcTNo1.png

I was offered an interview for a job back in London. Not Arsenal, but a great opportunity to test myself in the Premier League.

omcTNo1.png

I'm the favourite...

TDV5NMK.png

...and I've been officially been offered the job :D. Ohh it'll be good to be home.

Image result for west ham badge

IO7vJLO.png

dQ0mvbh.png

So it begins. West Ham are in turmoil, failing to win in their first 12 games of the season and are bottom of the league with just two points. Tony Adams is the man chosen to save them. I arrive just hours before my first game against Watford so I'm right into the thick of it. I've brought Curbishley, Platt and Neville from Granada with me and a very mutual termination of Roy Keane's contract followed. I will need a new assistant, but myself and Roy would not work well.

Club History

E3ghyME.png

tAds7nf.png

The last time West Ham won a trophy (2nd tier 1981, FA Cup 1980) I was a young lad dreaming of making it pro. Nearly fourty bloody years ago. Hopefully I can pinch a trophy while I'm here, but first things first lets make sure they don't go down.

Results

It75j5G.png

We got off to a good start, helped by super-sub Jonny Calleri and an early sending off for Watford. The ball is rolling.

TUh56wv.png

I'm very happy with this start. We've been great at picking up late wins. Our best result was the Man Utd one, while it was disappointing to only draw against Bournemouth at home.

League Table

Y4bM0YF.png

Going into the new year we're off the bottom of the table, but there's still a lot of work to do. I've got my eye on a couple of players...

zEtPM9r.png

Transfers Out

fedc9ab073819e05b141c9dc6b9500d0.png

Obiang has been a star player for West Ham the last couple of seasons and lots of clubs were sniffing around him. Monaco offered huge money which could not be turned down!

Transfers In

bc0ba5ef219a7c274538823d047cc62b.png

I've snapped up Andre Gray from my old club. He was prolific in Spain while I was manager, let's hope he'll do the same here to keep us up. Wilshere comes in as a direct replacement for Obiang. He's a West Ham fan and he's got the mentality I'm looking for.

Premier League Results

pcKQ7eb.png

January was hit and miss but we managed some good results. However, we were blighted with injury towards the end of January stetching into March and our form took a big hit. We had a run of just 4 points from 8 games and relegation was looming. However, a 5-0 thrashing of Stoke at their own ground was a catalyst for some excellent form, including the double over United.

FA Cup Results

lPJHtOC.png

We had a good run to the last 8 but we couldn't overcome our bitter rivals. Our record vs Spurs is atrocious.

League Table

6n5snpF.png

Thanks to our fine end-of-season form we managed to stay up convincingly - something that didn't seem likely back in February/March. Finishing 13th after taking over with 2 points from 12 is a good way to mark my return to the Premier League.

Players

Nx4Pks9.png

946bc0ca8ae460b0e32872ec9d0328d7.png

Aaron Cresswell was deservedly named player of the season. Top-goalscorer Andre Gray was deemed to have not played enough games to feature in our best 11(18)...

Youth Intake

qfWnIaJ.png

Gw2HKdH.png

K2j9tyK.png

Jason Mullin is a prospect to get excited about. He's touted as one of the best of his generation.

Club Ownership

Tm8OrYy.png

E0TZuc1.png

7u9Z18i.png

67FMh3c.png

Brexit Imminent...

MkmRAlu.png

Looks like a medium Brexit.

U8NtP9T.png

Arsenal managed to win the Champions League under Wenger! They were 2-0 down, but got it back to 3-2 thanks to a brace from a 37-year-old Zlatan Ibrahimovic...

Also I forgot to mention the craziness of the World Cup in Russia. Ivory Coast won it, beating Argentina 2-1 in the final with goals from Max Gradel and Giovanni Sio...

Image result for west ham

2019/20 Season

9bBEBJD.png

An excellent first full season with West Ham securing the Hammers' best league finish since 1986. They came 3rd that year, their highest ever finish. On top of a top 4 finish we also managed to bag a trophy, the first in 40 years!!!

Transfers Out

wguB2o9.png

In line with a new club philosophy after Brexit, we're creating a new identity. Pretty much every foreign player was sold off or released - the above is just the top valued transfers! Sure there were some good players leaving, but the Hammers need a new look and I truly believe in English talent...and physicality.

Transfers In

GuiuAb0.png

From now on we're relying on English players, with particular emphasis on players from London/Essex. I want the fans to feel a connection with their club - what better way than signing a bunch of players who wear their hearts on their sleeves and some that grew up in the same neighborhoods as our fans?

We needed a good keeper and I think Butland is a bargain at that price. Deeney will provide Gray with competition up front, while Ravel Morrison and Jon Toral were excellent for me at Granada so I've re-signed them. Lingard and Cook were our two big signings in the summer costing £40m between them. Jenko and Albrighton are grafters and will fit in nicely with the lads.

We were busy again in January. Talented Reiss Nelson had made his England debut already despite not being used for Arsenal in the Premier League after a successful loan at Swansea the prior season. He could become a very special player. Shelvey is a Hammer and Gomez is a local lad so it was obvious to bring them in. On deadline day we got in two decent back up players in Essex-born Bentley and hard-working Tunnicliffe.

Premier League

6QMb9so.png

League Results Part 1 ~ League Results Part 2

Man Utd finished the season well to, thankfully, pip Spurs to the title who of course bottled it. Arsenal had a terrible finish to the season and ended up 6th. Both them and Spurs lost in the Champions League Semis - the final being a 1-0 win for Chelsea over Atletico. Chelsea also finished well in the league, leapfrogging us into 4th. Our best result of the season was a 6-1 demolition of Man City; a truly breathtaking display. We had the 2nd best defence and joint 3rd best attack in the league.

Domestic Cups

0bGCm39.png

Winning the league cup was far from a fluke. We knocked out Chelsea, City, Newcastle and Spurs before beating Utd on penalties. We managed to do so without conceding a single goal!!! It was disappointing to go out in the cup against Walsall. I can't even use the excuse that we fielded a weakened side as I don't believe in doing so in the cups. We just couldn't bloody score.

Players

9Lzby7a.pngSj1AnoB.png

Somehow managed to miss off Jessie Lingard (40(3) / 10 goals / 11 assists / 7.48). He was one of 4 players to get into double figures, Ravel actually ended up as our top scorer with 17 goals, followed by both strikers who grabbed 15 each. Wilshere just missed out with 9 goals. Top performers were Jessie Lingard, Ravel Morrison and Aaron Cresswell, while youngsters Oxford, Nelson, Gomez and Cook had very promising seasons / half seasons.

Awards

gVoTRjW.png

VrlwKiP.png

EzemoUw.png

jIsjUCz.png

Stadium News

teReD0Y.png

alLKHra.png

We now own the ground and we're getting it expanded to it's full capacity. This will make London Stadium the second biggest in the country behind Old Trafford.

3MytaCK.png

225sZrN.png

I was seen as the favourite for the job after Wenger left the managers role, but Arsenal opted for the more glamorous Luis Enrique. No return to Arsenal for me yet... 

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

Mullin looks amazing, excited to see him develop.

Yes a cracking young player - the next Winterburn...or better :p. Made 2 PL starts last season and did pretty well, though will be out of the limelight in the youth team to develop without too much pressure...

1 hour ago, Keano16 said:

Great opportunity! And a promising end to the season.

Yes very happy with the progression so far :) 

3 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

How could you sell Pedro Bigas?!

Southampton came in for him - he came in January as a pre-agreed deal and I didn't really want him anyway! Did okay in 4 starts.

21 minutes ago, smp20 said:

Southampton came in for him - he came in January as a pre-agreed deal and I didn't really want him anyway! Did okay in 4 starts.

I'll level with ya, I've never even heard of the bloke.

Cracking name though.

1 minute ago, BoxToBox said:

I'll level with ya, I've never even heard of the bloke.

Cracking name though.

c7278624aaef265516e06fefedca755c.png

He doesn't really live up to the 'bigass' name :p

Youth Intake 2020

3AsamTS.png

IIiL2ox.png

PxCtdde.png

FCRwrFq.png

oIkpZl3.png

I forgot the youth intake in my update! Here are the best 3. Osbourne has high potential, but he will need serious tutoring to give him some belief.

August 2020 Update

Transfers Out

GMbFSM1.png

There were 3 significant outgoings. Troy Deeney was moaning about first team football and other promises so I agreed to let him go. We re-couped what we bought him for. Albrighton is a grafter but doesn't have the quality for a European-chasing side so I let him go to be a key first-teamer at Sunderland. Keane had been on about a move to Man Utd for months and they finally came in with an acceptable offer. It was a shame to see him go, but we will cope.

Transfers In

tbk4ppk.png

James Tomkins re-joins the club from relegated Palace while Jordon Ibe returns to the capital from relegated Bournemouth. We splashed out a lot of cash on a relatively unknown starlet. Bernard Brennan came through the ranks at Leyton Orient, but has since moved to Hull and Arsenal. He's worth every penny as you will see from his screenshot! He's already being touted as the next Michael Owen. Bertrand and Clyne offer us great options at full back while Mannion was the last player through the door as a backup keeper.

Results

VbiqrR1.png

We didn't get off to the best of starts but more than made up for it in the last week of August. We thrashed Napoli as well as beating Spurs for the first time in the PL under my tenure.

JrX1fDH.png

Champions League football is welcomed at London Stadium for the first time. It's not going to be easy. Milan are reigning Italian Champions with Benitez as manager while Dortmund came 2nd under Mancini. APOEL will be tough to play in Cyprus.

Squad Overview

26d14033e637df343fbe71bac01ff63a.png

1dcc904f2a68fe3d65b8bc000b1e036a.png

Goalkeepers

TeV6hS8.png

Yk50uc5.png

PLpVk5p.png

Full Backs

zxayjP3.png

NGXhxks.png

8t4o5AZ.png

RtwKO6e.png

Centre Backs

Pzx64EH.png

zWstTfa.png

zgOIwy6.png

MVqJLWa.png

R8O8tsC.png

Centre Mids

kmjxx1e.png

7g4Z4hK.png

3ArrOak.png

yzQ7Rhm.png

HN5Bjx0.png

Iowh6wv.png

Wingers

oUYOcvM.png

QUo6jZW.png

C5Sac8y.png

snx861H.png

Strikers

RvQ0omJ.png

Ukv1phh.png

9f09a218011243c5617a78639561571d.png

Another strange winner of a major tourney - Switzerland were crowned champions of Europe. England played well, particularly in the groups. Wilshere was named player of the tournament and Reiss Nelson was voted best young player.

2 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Beat Italy, ko'd by Switzerland. Classic Ireland.

Hey now, them Swiss boys are underrated. (Said no one ever....well, no one who isn't Irish...)

This thread escalated quickly. Looks like you're doing unsurprisingly fine with an all-English side. I reckon that English-only transfer policy might delay total glory (ie conquering the Premiership and the Champions League) for a couple more seasons, but I trust you to do it.

On 5/9/2017 at 23:24, Keano16 said:

Went out to the eventual winners. :cool:

Love Brennan and the focus on English players!

Cheers @Keano16, Brennan is something special!

On 5/10/2017 at 13:15, noikeee said:

This thread escalated quickly. Looks like you're doing unsurprisingly fine with an all-English side. I reckon that English-only transfer policy might delay total glory (ie conquering the Premiership and the Champions League) for a couple more seasons, but I trust you to do it.

It certainly did escalate quickly, more to come! I've just got through the current season, updates to follow. I've liked the English-only restriction :)

September - December 2020 Update

Premier League

jjgJhJC.png

AhXunh1.png

We were a complete rock at the back going 11 PL games without conceding. We weren't far from the record, 14, held by Man Utd in 2008/09. The goals started to creep back in after this run, but going into the new year we're top of the league. Man Utd are on great form and are just a point behind us now.

Champions League

dUzJTdT.png

We didn't start the group stage well. Just one point from the first round of matches put us bottom of the group. Fortunately we beat Dortmund in London and did well against Milan at the San Siro. After a record 9-0 thrashing of APOEL we managed to sneak through to the knockouts, coming one point behind Dortmund and ahead of Milan on our H2H record. We've got Roma in the KO's who will be tough, but the draw could have been much worse.

Domestic Cups

wLxKPwI.png

We've had a very tough draw in the EFL cup but we've managed to get into the semis; the other semi is Spurs vs Palace. The FA Cup draw hasn't been kind to us either!

Player Stats

DIRadu3.png

Youngster Brennan has been a goal machine, while Nelson has been a class act on the wing and Oxford and Gomez are developing a special partnership.

January - March 2021 Update

Premier League

dx4jcxn.png

AM1fSeL.png

With just 7 games to go it's looking like a three-horse race for the title. We've got the double over league leaders United. Our only losses so far this year have been in tricky away games against Liverpool & Man City. The highlight was definitely beating Spurs at White Hart Lane!

Champions League

jP9ct5H.png

Gutting to go out to a late goal, but we really should have won the home game. Nevermind, a good effort in our first outing in CL football.

Domestic Cups

P8HvtWL.png

We beat Man Utd in the Semis of the EFL cup helped by a magical goal in the last minute from Shelvey at Old Trafford. We were drawn against our bitter rivals and we didn't disappoint! A 4-0 thumping and we've retained the EFL Cup :).

Youth Intake

VmX91oZ.png

VzHAJri.png

Oh yes, another one touted as the 'best of his generation' :cool:

XB84qmO.png

There is no denying that we're a physical side. We get stuck in! Unfortunately, we're smashing all the disciplinary records...

Upcoming Fixtures

c2gAjYO.png

The season finale against Chelsea could be a very crucial game indeed!!!

April-May 2021 Update

RJR40kt.png

9b58971d8e472605966fa3066d01dea1.png

VcgP1jh.png

AyTxp8b.png

We managed to finish April and May unbeaten, but unfortunately Man United were on fine form and managed retain the Premier League. Their team is looking pretty special. The final game against Chelsea was a decider for second place and we duly delivered with a 3-0 victory. This is the best top flight finish in the clubs history, beating their 3rd place finish in 1986.

Player Stats & Awards

QbTjHqw.png

h5IO17k.png

Y5AtQGW.png

GSrHhxp.png

54700a45d1ab84dd3674b819a7ba4af2.png

Rejection Woes

Ffd6Zpz.png

zIgaJwe.png

Just a few months into his time at Arsenal, Luis Enrique was sacked. Unfortunately I was pipped to the position by Rafa Benitez who had transform Milan into a title winning side,

Adams Returns To Spain: Atletico Madrid 2021

S2VEJ01.png

RDcVnYQ.png

It wasn't an easy decision to leave what I had built at West Ham, but this is a big chance to prove myself as a manager. Atletico are a huge club and are expected to be competing for trophies. Of course that is never going to be easy with El Classico around. I will be building up my backroom staff, but German Burgos has been assistant at the club for 10 years and he knows his stuff.

Club History

rES1xYM.png

3gkbJl7.png

pg6sAqM.png

74X2f2z.png

The club have a history of being the 'nearly men' in the Champions League, having never won it and they've now been runners up on four occasions. The club have a rich history, they're currently on a run of 7 years without a trophy. I'm expected to make a mixture of high profile signings and youngsters.

Squad

zKvvN1I.pngW8gqVea.png

The squad looks pretty good, but room for improvement particularly at the back. I'm aiming to build a world class back line.

43 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

:eek: Brennan tore it up and he's only 19! Great season in the end, a step further next year? 

He's a very special player, equaled Andy Cole's 34 Premier League goals! Unfortunately, unless I manage to sign him at Atletico, his development will not be under my tutelage.

2 hours ago, smp20 said:

Unfortunately I was pipped to the position by Rafa Benitez who had transform Milan into a title winning side,

Heh...where to begin with this, eh? I trust you had a good rant, compete with fahctss for the press to consider?

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 00:56, ManUtd1 said:

Heh...where to begin with this, eh? I trust you had a good rant, compete with fahctss for the press to consider?

It was a little annoying :(

I've been sidetracked from this save atm with a bit of tactical messing about / nostalgia. Trying to get a John Beck style long ball game working....

Archived