Ancelotti's Christmas Tree 4-3-2-1 by Dave1990

HFF7MLw.jpg

94EIKDc.jpg

Hello guys, this tactic is intended as a reinterpretation of Ancelotti's famous tactic, that brought into vogue with AC Milan. I have relied on the interpretation of AC Milan 2003/2004, infact it is more based on ball possession.

dzOuGj7.jpg

6OhZZrW.jpg

As you can see is a system that wants to maximize the possession, but not a system the end in itself, because the team move the ball waiting to find the right gate to hit. The search of space is critical, in fact all the players except those set to defend, they move in unison in search of the best position to be effective.

Here we can see one of the typical actions leading to the continuous research of the spaces mentioned earlier:

3zb7lyh.gif

Complete results and standings of the first year: 

ASgpgxp.jpg

ovjowrC.jpg

GUq2LJB.jpg

Some important results and also an unlucky defeat in the derby of Italy Cup:

Go8GYp9.jpg

2yjum5V.jpg

JeQNVYk.jpg

prsQJml.jpg

oLhnskH.jpg

o7dPKEM.jpg

lRaYtQ1.jpg

- Ideal field size: 105x68

- Usually imposed the match preparation in the opponent base. At home against opponents affordable "att. Movement", at home against strong teams and away against teams affordable "teamwork", "def. Positioning" away against strong teams.

- First two weeks of training with the focus on "fitness" and very high intensity. For the next two weeks focus on "tactical" and very high intensity. Another two weeks with  focus on "cohesion team" and high intensity then you can set your training to your liking, considering the teams that we are going to challenge. During the season I keep a high intensity level if there are at least five days between games, otherwise choose a medium intensity level.

- In case of sending off we will line up with 4-3-1-1, you will decide whether to leave the attacking midfielder or support striker, according to the game trend as well.

- For the corners is important to set as hitter one of the three set to "go forward", will be certainly a benefit

Sorry for my bad english, this is the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ut2ok03mwqf6738/Albero+di+Natale+by+Dave1990_5106EC84-55CC-4FA5-8981-BA0D74205780.fmf

If you have problems, deactivate AdBlock. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dave, nice topic. I was wondering, I'm playing with my friend a dual save. He too has Milan and plays a similar tactic, he uses both wb on a duty, the left cm is a dlp(s) and the am is a ap(s). What is your take on a counter tactic to this tactic? I tried with a 4411 (even the arrigo sacchi one), and it seemed the most succesfull so far, but this cristmass tactic is really a tough one.

On 23/3/2017 at 15:51, kuisonoe said:

Hey Dave, nice topic. I was wondering, I'm playing with my friend a dual save. He too has Milan and plays a similar tactic, he uses both wb on a duty, the left cm is a dlp(s) and the am is a ap(s). What is your take on a counter tactic to this tactic? I tried with a 4411 (even the arrigo sacchi one), and it seemed the most succesfull so far, but this cristmass tactic is really a tough one.

Thanks @kuisonoe! :) I think that 4-1-4-1 is one of the best tactics to counter this tactic, defensively remains compact and not too suffers the outnumbered in midfield. I have had problems as well against the 3-5-2 (those most offensive like Juventus) and also with the 4-2-3-1 with three attacking midfielders.  I don't suffer almost never tactics with two men to the flanks, because this year the external central midfielders always close the full-back that overlaps.

On 25/3/2017 at 17:23, mcgaffer said:

Really well wrote and I'v been using something similar myself, can you put a screenshot of your squad with goals and assists please

Thanks so much,  unfortunately I don't have the save where I tested the tactic, I have only these screens:

5079vX4.jpg

mfIMWO9.jpg

vp7o5LH.jpg

These are in Italian but you should be able to understand. However I remember that Bacca did more than 20 goals, Fekir and Bonaventura 17 or 16 goals and about 13 assists apiece. Many assists made them right full back and the two midfielders (BBM and CM/a) . 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 17/4/2017 at 01:23, nick1408 said:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting this.  It is a really well thought out tactic and really well explained. 

Thanks Nick,  tried to explain it in the best possible way. :)

On 10/5/2017 at 05:36, k3k389 said:

The tactic is very good!! Thanks. 

Thanks, if you can post some screens I would be grateful to you. :) 

Archived