Why am I not notified when managers get sacked?

Well it makes more sense for it to be in the media section than the general news about your club but is it possible to set it up through your manage subscriptions? If I remember rightly it's usually hovering somewhere in the top right of the news element of the UI. I don't know if the social media/news elements have replaced it entirely, but I'm sure there used to be a substantial checklist box for what news you could subscribe to for your inbox, sackings, takeovers etc on a league by league/competition by competition basis.

• Administrators

The inbox is only emails from within your club, either forwarded on from your Press Officer or directly from members of your staff.

Everything else would appear in the 'news' or social media panel. 

I applied for the Wigan job, interviewed for the Wigan job, and only found out I didn't get the Wigan job by going to the Wigan team page and seeing someone else's name... the former head coach at Hudderfield, who he got relegated...AFTER they offered the Wigan job to two other coaches, one who manages Calgary Foothills, in the American Developmental League, that's not even loaded in the game. 

BTW, I've won the Swedish top league for 5 years running and produced decent runs in the Champions League, so I'm not really sure why Wigan would rather have a developmental league manager in a non-active league. It can't be for salary, I was making $3,200/wk at Helsingborgs, and they're paying their new hire $30,000/wk. 

Unfortunately, you now have to look at two different screens (inbox and social media) whereas in earlier versions you only needed one (inbox). Makes things more difficult and a lot of info gets missed. Horrible from a UI perspective.

On 3/2/2017 at 14:19, Neil Brock said:

The inbox is only emails from within your club, either forwarded on from your Press Officer or directly from members of your staff.

Everything else would appear in the 'news' or social media panel. 

is there any chance of this being changed next year? would be nice if we could select certain things like manager sackings or injuries to star players to appear in the inbox too

think i am the same as a lot of people, i just dont enjoy scrolling through the media section regularly to see whats happening, so much pointless and repeating stuff in there it just isnt enjoyable

I thought it was odd that i didnt have a meeting with the board before i got sacked by Villa. I had a meeting about my poor performance and managed to persuade them to give me a month to turn it round. When the month was up i knew i would be sacked as i hadnt improved overall confidence (it actually got slightly worse) but when it happened there was no board meeting with them telling me to clear your desk, you're sacked. It was just i clicked continue and when my inbox came up it just said Villa sack (my Surname). Thought it was a bit odd, i wasnt convinced i had actually been sacked due to seeing this in my inbox and not having a final meeting with the board. Actaully took me a minute to realize yea...i've been sacked. Maybe in FM18 SI could include a final meeting telling you you're sacked rather than finding it out in your inbox.

On 04/03/2017 at 01:34, lemeuresnew said:

is there any chance of this being changed next year? would be nice if we could select certain things like manager sackings or injuries to star players to appear in the inbox too

think i am the same as a lot of people, i just dont enjoy scrolling through the media section regularly to see whats happening, so much pointless and repeating stuff in there it just isnt enjoyable

Maybe not next year, but the year after. SI seems to have this feature going round on a wheel. They get rid of it, because it's deeply unpopular, and the unified inbox is a "new feature". Then a few years later it's reintroduced with a new name, and presented as another "new feature". Once again everyone hates it, so it's replaced with a single inbox where you can choose exactly what you want to hear about - what a revolutionary "new feature"! Repeat ad infinitum...

Archived