"The Winning"08 - ||A NEW tactical conjuration|| ••V.1.00•• ••|Updated Regually"••

I'm going to give your tactic a shot. I haven't tried any downloadable tactic for the last few years but this one seems pretty awesome. I'll give it a go in the CL as Man Utd as I don't like taking risks in the Premier League. But if it suits me it will become our n.1 formation.

Which version should be the best for Man Utd?

My squad would look like:

GK Van Der Sar/Ustari

DR Neville/Zaccardo

DL Evra

DC Ferdinand

DC Vidic

DM Carrick/Hargreaves

MR Lennon/Ronaldo

ML Ronaldo/Giggs/Aissati

AM Anderson

AM Tevez

ST Rooney

Should Rooney be used as a TM?

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried this out cuz i'm having some trouble with bath in the premiership... i'm for sure one of the bottom 5 as far as talent goes...

anyone else notice seriously high scoring games?

5-6 L v. ManU

5-1 W v. Everton

4-4 D v. Castle

4-5 W v. Everton

at least 1 team always has more than 3 goals

but its working out cuz i'm 12th overall, 28 games played, 77 goals scored! sadly i've given up 65 compared to arsenal giving up only 13.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jase19:

I tried this out cuz i'm having some trouble with bath in the premiership... i'm for sure one of the bottom 5 as far as talent goes...

anyone else notice seriously high scoring games?

5-6 L v. ManU

5-1 W v. Everton

4-4 D v. Castle

4-5 W v. Everton

at least 1 team always has more than 3 goals

but its working out cuz i'm 12th overall, 28 games played, 77 goals scored! sadly i've given up 65 compared to arsenal giving up only 13. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too - I'm in a similar situation with gateshead. My first season in the top flight I was Predicted 20th, and finished 11th.

P38 W15 D4 L19

For 93 Against 97!!! GD -4

The next top scoring team were 5th place Newcastle with 80, and bottom team Preston conceded the next most with only 78.

The other thing i've noticed - not many draws.

Not bad, here's my first match

Game

Not the easiest of opposition to test a tactic with but we played good, missed a lot of chances, but also Ustari made a couple of saves I don't know HOW he made...

Next game is Boro away, I'll give it a shot aswell, but first I have to tweak the set pieces, I have a better planicon_smile.gif

Guest Ticky Tree

I´m playing with Forest and it´s my 6th season and 3rd in premier league. Used version 2.0 for this latest season (20 games) and I have to admit that it´s awsome tactic.

There is only one BUT. A really BIG BUT...

I just don´t score enough goals. I create like 20-30 shots per game (About half of them towards goal), from which about half of them are breakthroughs or one-on-ones. And in these 20 games, i haven´t scored a SINGLE ONE GOAL from these breakthroughs or 1-on-1´s!!

Attributes of my SC, AMC´s and wingers are more than good enough so it shouldn´t be because of that. And i´ve tried to change the tempo.

This thing is really starting to annoy me!!

Goals I score are normally long shots from my AMC´s but none from the situations mentioned above.

Opponents usually create something from 5 to 15 shots (about half of them towards goal) and usually they matches end like 0,1,2-0,1,2

One other problem i´ve faced is the amount of penalties my DC´s are were giving away.(ike 7 in first 10 games) And all their attributes were in order too (tackling, marking, pace etc).

This problem is easy to sort out though, i just set their tackling to normal.

Any idea what do I need to do with this problem with the one-on-ones?

Is it a bug?

(i didn´t have the beta-patch before the real patch. I know some have had some problems with scoring if done so)

Unfortunately, v2, even with some minor tweaks couldn't achieve what was expected for my Lyon team at the start of the season.. We had a good run, playing nice football but around February i just started letting in goals..

Just managed to win the league being 1 point in front of Rennes, got disqualified in the CL 1st knock-out round (got hammered by Arsenal) and also lost twice to Marseille and didn't get to the Semi Finals of the League Cup and French Cup

For all of you who are having trouble converting chances into goals, I suggest lowering the creative freedom for all your attacking players, especially your striker. This worked like a charm for me in v2.0 and I'm sure would work for all the other versions. Also, you need to find the proper tempo setting for your team. Some teams play better on quick setting while other on slower ones. It's something you have to play around with to find out.

I have to write, then I tested this tactic, ver. 3.02 with Barcelona. I wasn't happy for scores. Usualy I had a draws, and one lost with Levante. I don't know why. I don't sold anyone, and I don't bought anyone. This tactis should be godd for this team, cause that was made for this team. I play in Fm 8.0.0 Maybe this is my mistake?

I think it is, because when I used this tactic on 8.0 the results were disappointing but when I changed it to 8.0.1 I started to love this tactic.

This is a very odd tactic. At home it is brilliant, but are lacking severly away. It is also creating goals as a maniac, and 6-9 goals is very usual with this tactic. Another thing I have seen is that if you're leading with 3 goals, and are controlling the game, it is a 90 % chance that the other team will score a goal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by emily_rose:

I have won 23 straight games with 3.00 but only have one problem. whoever i put as striker never scores and only gets a 6 or maybe 7 while everyone else is on 8. JE i think 3.00 is better than 3.02 because the two amc on 3.02 have diffrent instructions now and they dont work so well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Emily_Rose, who do you use as playmaker? I can see that it 3.00 has playmaker ticked but who to use? The DMC or one of the AMC's?

I got promoted to Premiership and decided to try the 3.02 version. I went on for half a season and was struggling quite baddly. I now changed back to 2.00 but it isn't looking much better, at least not at first.

Basically I'm scoring quite a lot, but I'm also conceding WAY too much, it's catastrophic at the back. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I got promoted to Premiership and decided to try the 3.02 version. I went on for half a season and was struggling quite baddly. I now changed back to 2.00 but it isn't looking much better, at least not at first.

Basically I'm scoring quite a lot, but I'm also conceding WAY too much, it's catastrophic at the back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats pretty much the problems i have...but when i try and address the defence it all falls apart so I just lose but don't score either...

I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I'm in a terrible form, and my last game describes it all perfectly:

Against Sunderland, I dominate for most of the match, shots 26-14 to me -- and they win 4-2.

For example at the start I had like 5 fantastic (well they would be fantastic in real life anyway) 1on1 chances, all failed. Then they have one and their mighty finisher Didier Zokora, with his incredible finishing skill of 6, scores it. Their next two shots both result in a goal too, so in 6 minutes they have gone 3-0 up. Their players took their chances, my players didn't - and I had a lot more of them. What can I do about it? I know it's not the tactic's fault that this is the worst FM released yet, but I think I'm gonna have to try something more defending.

i tried this tactic out on a saved game, with my all conquering arsenal side.

i suddenly noticed we scored for fun, but against the better teams conceded shocking goals.

this comes from the space in midfield, the WBR and the wide Midfielders need addressing, also the lack of a MC is where space is being exploited.

i like the attcking flair of the tactic but the defence needs sorting, maybe putting a holding MC instead of a DMC is a good answer to balance of a quite well thought out tactic.

also, i seemed to lose more than i one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hynatron:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by emily_rose:

I have won 23 straight games with 3.00 but only have one problem. whoever i put as striker never scores and only gets a 6 or maybe 7 while everyone else is on 8. JE i think 3.00 is better than 3.02 because the two amc on 3.02 have diffrent instructions now and they dont work so well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Emily_Rose, who do you use as playmaker? I can see that it 3.00 has playmaker ticked but who to use? The DMC or one of the AMC's? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use the left AMC as the playmaker, I tend to lose the ball a lot if i use the right AMC or the DMC.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hynatron:

Emily_Rose, who do you use as playmaker? I can see that it 3.00 has playmaker ticked but who to use? The DMC or one of the AMC's? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use the left AMC as the playmaker, I tend to lose the ball a lot if i use the right AMC or the DMC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

y is tht the left guy .... ive got van der vaart at rite and joao moutinho at left .... whoo shud i make and can i make 2 play makers.

thnx

the author needs to really work on defence... i am lethal up front, far and away the top scoring team in the league, but my defence is a shambles. if i could just fix the defence i could take the game by storm... help plz?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roger explosion:

the author needs to really work on defence... i am lethal up front, far and away the top scoring team in the league, but my defence is a shambles. if i could just fix the defence i could take the game by storm... help plz? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that seems to be the general opinion, which is why he's working on v4.0 i think

Yes, defensively the tactic is quite terrible but offensively it's very potent. I've found my team usually outscoring the opponent by so much that it almost didn't matter how many I conceded, but I would recommend getting a top notch keeper as he'll be tested a lot in almost every match.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 3alawi:

I use the left AMC as the playmaker, I tend to lose the ball a lot if i use the right AMC or the DMC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

y is tht the left guy .... ive got van der vaart at rite and joao moutinho at left .... whoo shud i make and can i make 2 play makers.

thnx </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the game only lets you set 1 player. I realised why my left guy does so well. his creativity is the highest in my team. Gonna test the tactic with luton to see how it fares in the lower leagues. I also changed my striker a bit. He is now all out attacking. halfway forward runs and run with ball. no long shots and he has full creative freedom. His shots on target went up and more chances fell to him. With his great finishing he was putting them away. Also remember to keep his hold up ball ticked. Your team will start doing triangles round their defence.

Great tactic, thanks Jack.

Using v3.00 with Everton and its working a treat.

So far I'm about 10 games into the season. I was amazed when in the first game of the season I managed to beat Liverpool 5-0 at home! Since then my defence is a bit leaky but I'm still 4th and only a point off the top.

Also, Joseph Yobo has scored 6 goals from centre back which is very impressive.

Thanks again.

I have just finished a season with Hull City using mainly the V.02 tactic combined with another. I managed to get Hull promoted, finishing in 2nd. My niggles on this tactic,that maybe someone can suggest solutions too;

- The DMC position always seemed to struggle, getting 6's etc. I found he lost the ball a lot in the middle of he pitch allowing them to counter. Although he had very good stats he never got above an 8. I decided to change him to the bog standard Defensive Midfielder template that SI provided, which seemed to have more success.

- The tactic seemed to be much more successful at home then away.

- I absolutely leaked goals with this, i was around middle table for conceding goals, which is odd for a team finishing 2nd. Thankfully i scored bags of goal too, finishing first.

- The tactic only seemed to really kick in post xmas, after my team had "geled" this may be due to my january transfers however, after bringing some pace in on the wings.

- My striker (Stancu) scored relativey few goals, with the two AM, both scoring more than him respectively on 23 and 20 with Stancu on 17

Other than that a very good tactic, which can produce breath-taking football. Annoying that it concede's so many at the back though. Perhaps this wouldn't be the case though if it was used with a better team

Yes, re-instituting the general feeling of this tactic, that attacking superb, defensive not too bright but did manage 102 goals with Liverpool. Yes, the tactic worked with Liverpool so the defensive floors in Season 1 of my game were quickly dismissed, however in Season 2 I did change the attacking attributes of the full back to be less attack minded and again, the tactic became a little stronger at the back. Again the sentiments are the same DMC couldn't raise a smile above 6 and Aguero and Babel were out scoring Torres, although Torress did score 6 when I beat Man U 8-5!!! I did test with Gretna in the SPL and it too worked well, beating Celtic and Rangers once but the week after been beaten by Dundee Utd 6 nil. I didn't care, I kept Gretna in the SPL unlike IRL.

Yes I can't wait to try Version 4 and improve on my last results and placings.

Well done Jack Edwards.

Guest myavatar

excellent offensive tactic...but really flaky when defending...won 6-0 against barcelona using my sevill aside, then got thrashed 9-2 by villareal! ended second in the league with 105 goals (far ahead of barca who was next with 75), but had 85 goals against!! Any clues on strengthening defense?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by polat_dgn:

Anyone tried and had success with midtable teams? This tactics only seems to work for top notch teams as far as i read . Especially if you have great defenders otherwise it can be a disaster.

But i think it is the best attacking tactic around

here this forum.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. Went well using V1 & V2 in championship - won the title - went up and am struggling (spent all my $$$ on attackers icon_biggrin.gif ). Also have noticed that after a while the tactic becomes less effective, & often if I change back to a more "conservative" tactic I'll put on a win or two straight away

Interesting tactic, but far from perfect IMHO (& yes, have played with tempo and players)

3.0.2 is working well for me (with some adjustments).

Just started a new season with Barca, won 15 matches in a row. Then lost my 1st game against Betis 1-0 in the league. I had much more chances but again their keeper gets MOM and I'm unable to convert my chances with world-class finishers.

Doing good though, scoring 3.2 per game, conceding 0.9 p/g

Dirty_ACE: sorry for the delay, could not access my savegame for a while because I misplaced my game disk icon_razz.gif

will share my quite successful modifications though as soon as I manage to find it again!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teeyougee:

3.0.2 is working well for me (with some adjustments).

Just started a new season with Barca, won 15 matches in a row. Then lost my 1st game against Betis 1-0 in the league. I had much more chances but again their keeper gets MOM and I'm unable to convert my chances with world-class finishers.

Doing good though, scoring 3.2 per game, conceding 0.9 p/g </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

23 matches played this season:

Barca Fixtures

Only loss I got was the unrealistic Betis match, where I outplayed them for the whole game. It's also the only match I haven't scored 2+ in.

Won 22 out of the 23 matches, no draws, just 1 loss.

Barca Home Screen

Top of the league by 12 points.

V.3.02 working really well for me.

Thanks for posting.

I've watched all the goals I conceded in a season one after the other (Took ages!)

The main defensive frailties of the tactic were:

DC's leaving a huge gap between them/not working as a unit.

Full backs caught out of position on the counter attack no matter how fast/good they are.

Too much space in front of the centre halves.

To try to help myself I:

Increased team closing down by 2 notches.

Increased GK CD by 3 notches.

Increased one of the DC's closing down by 1 notch so that there is no stagger.

Set ST to maximum closing down.

Remove DMC farrow.

Decreased Full back mentality by 2 notches.

Decreased DMC mentality by 2 notches.

Set DMC Forward runs and run with ball to 'rarely'.

Could someone try these - It could just be luck but I havn't conceded in 4 games since making the changes, having let in 14 in 6 before that. Doesn't appear to have made much of a difference to the attacking aspect either.

Will report back further into the season.

As I have mentioned in a previous post, I do have a lot of time for this tactic and hope that the changes I have made as per hee163 suggestion help others and the author.

I have tested this over 5 games and in Season 2009/2010.

Chelsea - Won: 5-1 - Shots: 33-10 - Poss: 52%-48%

Feyenoord - Lost: 1-2 - Shots: 23-10 - Poss: 52%-48%

Man Utd - Lost: 2-3 - Shots: 16-15 - Poss: 52%-48%

Chelsea - Won: 4-0 - Shots: 23-12 - Poss: 51%-49%

Blackburn - Won: 3-1 - Shots: 23-9 - Poss: 53%-47%

5 Games might not be enough of a time and so I will run for a few more games.

for those of you using this tactic, i really suggest taking the farrows off the left and right backs when trying to hold down a lead towards the end of the game... when they start playing 4 forwards and you have 2 of your defenders past the centre line...........

Having continued using this tactic with hee163 recommended changes, it is with regret that for the most part the changes made have no more defensive attributes than 3.02 does. Will wait for Verision 4. Thanks for the attempt.

I'm seriously done with this for now, I just don't think it can be called "The Winning" as long as is this disastrous in defence! Sure it might work fine with only world class defenders but please people, test the tactics with other teams than Barca and ManU too before judging them...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jsl:

I'm seriously done with this for now, I just don't think it can be called "The Winning" as long as is this disastrous in defence! Sure it might work fine with only world class defenders but please people, test the tactics with other teams than Barca and ManU too before judging them... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't need to be a world class team for this tactic to work. All you need is some patience and tweaking to your player's abilities. Don't just use a tactic and expect it to work with every team cause it won't.

I've used this for my Portsmouth save and it's worked wonders. I have tweaked it but you need to do as not every team has a Leo Messi, Ronaldinho or Cristiano Ronaldo.

My 1st full season with Portsmouth with V3 (tweaked)

As long as you can tweak it without messing it up =P For me, it kinda works with Werder Bremen and Gornik Zabrze (weak team from polish 1st league). Werder is doing ok, 3rd after half a season, but it sucks for Gornik. 11th after half a season. :/ I do have bad players and no money though :p

Archived