"The Winning"08 - ||A NEW tactical conjuration|| ••V.1.00•• ••|Updated Regually"••

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ye, this tactic with tweaks is working very well for me, however ONLY AWAY! (of course with a bit more defensive mentality...also narrow and slow....and very deep D-line)

What I can't get working though is tactic for home games...there are games now and then that I really control and actually score, but TOO many times it happens that I loose/draw at home against a team sitting at the bottom of the table, i.e. Burnley/Blackpool/Hull! Just can't get it working....any tips?

I just finished my first season as Chelsea using this tactic (v2). Came 2nd in the league (by one point!), lost the semi-final of the Champion's League (to Inter) and the semi-final of the FA Cup (to Man Utd). Scored A LOT of goals (average nearly 3 per match), but also conceded a lot. I also had a bad mid-season form slump, partially because of injuries: at one point, Drogba, Malouda, Joe Cole and Lampard were all out for about 6 matches at the same time.

I like this one a lot, thanks very much for sharing it. I'm very much looking forward to any future versions.

Sorry for the third post in a row. I would have edited my previous one but we can't seem to do that on this forum.

Anyway, I'm very excited to try out both versions but I have a few questions first:

1. In terms of in-game tweaks. From what I've read is that one should tweak the tempo in v1.0 from time to time if you're not scoring. Is this right?

2. Version 2.0 is good for away matches but needs tweaking in mentality, width and defensive line. Are these all correct?

Thanks

Kyle, Try changing the Tempo of your team. I had exactly the same thing at the start of my second season - I changed the tempo (dropped it down to Slow), and now Im winning again!! Like Jack said in an earlier post, Tempo seems to be essential in FM08

*****Great tactic for big teams (won all cups with barcelona) but

*****bad tactic for small teams (sacked from a second division club in februrary)

*****great tactic for home matches(always dominating and winning comfortabely)

*****bad tactic for away matches (i lost 0-4,0-5 with my good team,not so rarely)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">*****Great tactic for big teams (won all cups with barcelona) but

*****bad tactic for small teams (sacked from a second division club in februrary)

*****great tactic for home matches(always dominating and winning comfortabely)

*****bad tactic for away matches (i lost 0-4,0-5 with my good team,not so rarely) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to disagree with it being a bad tactic for small teams. As long as you get the proper players for this tactic i find that any team will play well. For me the most important statistic, especially at the lower level, is pace. Fast wingers are ESSENTIAL to create chances.

As for away games, I'm with you on that one. Had trouble getting positive results away from home. Even messed around with the formation but nothing seems to work. I'll play with tempo. Perhaps playing really slow and ugly away from home would work.

I'm currently using Barca with the v1.0 of this tactic. I'm finding times when my team seems to be pummeling the goal with shots but conversion is terrible. I'm using Henry and Eto'o as strikers. I noticed that it's required for the striker to hold up the ball. Is this an essential part of the tactic or can it be played without HUB, because I don't believe my two strikers are capable of it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

I'm currently using Barca with the v1.0 of this tactic. I'm finding times when my team seems to be pummeling the goal with shots but conversion is terrible. I'm using Henry and Eto'o as strikers. I noticed that it's required for the striker to hold up the ball. Is this an essential part of the tactic or can it be played without HUB, because I don't believe my two strikers are capable of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eto'o is.

Set him as a target man, with supply run onto ball, and to hold up ball.

Guest muff007

Ok I'm using version 1.00. I'm finding it great at home but poor away. Mainly high score draws away from home with my Liverpool team.

So what do you advise for away games? Tweak the 1.00 tactic? What changes? Or swap to version 2.00 and use it away?

im halfway through my 2nd season now....using v.200 all i can say is this tactic has been names correctlyicon_wink.gif

league table - leaguetablelp5.th.jpg

results(ignore the 2 r.madrid games...i had injurys and played with 4-5 youths in both games plus its madrid)-fixp1cy3.th.jpg fixp2ae5.th.jpg

champions league - clem1.th.jpg

starting lineup - lineuprs0.th.jpg

ive made a few tweaks and it works home and away for me soooo far...less see if i avoid the mid season slump

Okay it's looking good so far for my Nottingham Forest side in the Championship, although I've only played a couple of games with it so far.

One question: Do you ever try to defend your lead, and if yes, then what kinds of changes do you do? For example if you're 1-0 or 2-0 up at around 70th minute and the opponent is going ultra attacking, do you make some changes? icon_smile.gif

Oh and how about the corner routines in this one, have they been effective? Because I have pretty decent ones, with my center back scoring a goal from a corner in about 1/2 or 1/3 of the matches, so should I stick with that...

jsl, the corner routines look good in this tactic, especially if you have a couple strong defenders with good jumping.

I would also like to know regarding adjustments and tweaks people recommend when it comes to the v1.0? I know about the tempo tweaking, but is that all that's needed?

Also same question for v2.0?

I'm trying out v2.0. Lost to Sevilla 0-4 at home, however, won a big rivalry game away before that 3-0. Just don't get it. How does a team go from destroying the opposition one game and the very next game completely tank the match. All my players got 5 and 4 ratings after Sevilla match. Was this just a bad day? I know I didn't say anything wrong in team talks either.

This tactic is good for home, but sucks for away games like people have already said.

Just lost 4-2, 5-1 and 201 away with Arsenal against Stuttgart, Chelsea and Bolton. Going to finish the season in 3rd place.

I'll use this tactic for home games next season, but gotta find a different one for away games.

I LOVE this tactic for home games (just thought I'd post again).

I lost 4-1 against R.Madrid away in Champs League Semi-Final 1st leg.

I was sure that I was out.

2nd leg, I won 3-0 at home! icon_biggrin.gif All players had a rating of 8 or 9. Unbelievable, through to the finals on away goals! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Can't believe I scored 3 against Casillas. He conceded 14 in 52 games! That's like 1 goal every 4 matches.

I recommend v1.00 fr home matches to anyone that hasn't used it yet.

Thanks for telling us about it icon_wink.gif

Guest invincible_liverpool

Great tactic!

Thank you!

My English is not very good,but i want to say that it's the best tactic i seen in 8.01.

Thank you for sharing!

Sorry if the above post sounded angry, I was a bit upset. I was playing v1.0 at home against Chelsea and lost 0-1, then played an away match against Racing using v2.0 and lost 0-3, and then played my second leg against Chelsea (away) using v2.0 and lost 0-3.

I'm just having a terrible time lately using these two tactics. I'm trying changing tempo and nothing, absolutely nothing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

I just lost my forth game in a row 0-3, this time to Osasuna at home using v1.0. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong with this tactic. Can anyone please help me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It could be one of many things that's causing it.

- Maybe your team isn't used to the tacic yet, as it takes a while to get used to it sometimes.

- Your wingbacks, and wingers should be fast runners (high acc and pace)

- Your wingers should have decent finishing as they score a lot of the goals

- You might not have found the right tempo for you yet (try using a slow tempo if your target man is slow, and fast if he's fast)

- Save your game, play 5 matches, if you're losing most of the matches, reset the game, change your tactics a bit try again ntil you find the best technique for your team

I just lost my forth game in a row 0-3, this time to Osasuna at home using v1.0. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong with this tactic. Can anyone please help me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mayby player's not good? icon_biggrin.gif

PS:Sorry about my english icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teeyougee:

It could be one of many things that's causing it.

- Maybe your team isn't used to the tacic yet, as it takes a while to get used to it sometimes.

- Your wingbacks, and wingers should be fast runners (high acc and pace)

- Your wingers should have decent finishing as they score a lot of the goals

- You might not have found the right tempo for you yet (try using a slow tempo if your target man is slow, and fast if he's fast)

- Save your game, play 5 matches, if you're losing most of the matches, reset the game, change your tactics a bit try again ntil you find the best technique for your team </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your advice. I neglected to mention earlier that I've been using the tactic for more than half the season, so my team is used to it, it's just all the sudden it went completely haywire. I'm playing as Barca and obviously have fast wingers and fullbacks.

My target man is Eto'o who is very fast so I just play on the default fast setting. Are you saying that it may need to be a notch slower or faster?

Thanks again

guys i have a main big ques icon_smile.gif

shud i make tweaks on team instructions or will it ruin the tactic ??

ive got zigic as target man so r u think i shud play slow tempo ?... i also got david villa wat tempo shud i use for him .

BTW i feel SLOW tempo ruins ur counter attack as they play slowly :S coz it happened many times tht i had a counter attack and they were slow wat do u think of this wat shud i do??

Archived