Direct football without crosses?

Is it possible on FM 17 to play attacking direct football without 50 cross attempts a game?

If you look here: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1115261/MatchReport/Italy-Serie-A-2016-2017-Pescara-Genoa#live-passes

Zeman is back with a bang. Attacking, direct and fun football. But as you can see pescara only had 12 crosses and genoa had 40.

When i try to make a "Zemanlandia" tactic on FM i get 50 plus crosses a game. And i struggle to tell my players not to cross.

Sorry if this is hard to read.

There's many different instructions you can use if you don't want crosses. "Work ball into box" reduces crosses. Using roles for wide players like inside forward or wide midfielder rather than winger, reduces crosses. Focusing play down the middle reduces crosses. Etc, etc. Something's wildly off with your instructions if you don't want crosses yet got 50 crosses in your match.

18 hours ago, noikeee said:

There's many different instructions you can use if you don't want crosses. "Work ball into box" reduces crosses. Using roles for wide players like inside forward or wide midfielder rather than winger, reduces crosses. Focusing play down the middle reduces crosses. Etc, etc. Something's wildly off with your instructions if you don't want crosses yet got 50 crosses in your match.

too much common sense :lol: 

if you don't want crosses what type of direct do you want? try deep line without wingers ... clear ball into space, exploit the middle, ... can be long ball over the top for a poacher

On 2/22/2017 at 09:41, westy8chimp said:

too much common sense :lol: 

if you don't want crosses what type of direct do you want? try deep line without wingers ... clear ball into space, exploit the middle, ... can be long ball over the top for a poacher

Adding to what westy8chimp said if you have a good, quick poacher and you're playing on the counter soaking up the oppositions' attacks (drawing them out). It would be good to get a keeper with high kicking attribute and instruct him to distribute quickly, take long kicks and for distribute to, select over opposition defence...this is something i want to try at some point if/when i get a solid keeper with kicking of at least 15.

Archived