[1.4] Load save fails: fixture_manager::load_check_fixture_legs() - cannot read struct

Hey, I already posted on Steam forum but then I noticed your own forums, so here goes:

Hey,
My games saved with 1.4 won't load. I'm getting this error:

fixture_manager::load_check_fixture_legs() - cannot read structure

Any ways to fix OR revert back to the previous version so I can keep on playing?
(I can still load a 30 min older save with game version 1.3 tag)

Thanks.

I continued from my last 1.3 save, played a few matches, simulates two weeks, played a few more. Saving/loading works now... so dunno what's up. But I'll just reload and continue from this save, no problems.

Thanks for a great game!

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, gtamaster said:

I have the same issue as others in here. I have uploaded my save game file on the FTP server. The name of the file is "(gtamaster) EHM Load Game Issue".

Thanks, can I ask what OS are you running the game on ?

Edit: Managed to get a quick look at your save. It seems there might be at least two corrupted data files within the save. Was this an old save that you had loaded in 1.4 first succesfully and then saved later on after which it stopped loading ? The saved game database data seems to have been saved with the most recent version but some of the other game data files within the save don't appear to be using the most current data format.

I'm running windows 7 professional.

Yes, I updated the game to 1.4 and then I loaded the game successfully on the first try and was able to save the game before exiting the game. But when I tried to get back in later, the error message popped up.

• SI Staff

Okay, it seems as this is an old save, it might have been that it has picked up an old data file into the save from an unrelated save as there was a bug like that ages ago. And only now with some file loading changes in the most recent update this extra data file has started causing issues. However this should be fixable for the hot fix as well, just running tests now and managed to load your saved game okay. We are aiming for Monday for the hot fix at the moment.

All these error messages are likely to do with the same issue, caused by the same extra data file. I believe all these are quite long term saves ?

3 hours ago, selsby28 said:

i am having the same issue and am unclear as to what you mean by the hot fix , if someone could please provide some clarity here would be great

thank you

A "hot fix" means there'll be a small update to fix problems that have arisen after a full update has been released; a "hot fix" is released shortly after a full update (like a few days, in this case hopefully Monday)

Archived