The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a ****ing save from McGregor. No idea how he kept it out.

Backs to the wall, rode our luck at times but ****e me, McGregor and Cuellar were awesome.

For all the pressure Bremen had, they didn't create an awful lot of clear cut chances.

Nice wee co-efficient bonus point for making the quarters as well. icon_biggrin.gif

McGregor easily the MOTM, the Sanogo save is possibly one of the best I've seen him do tbh (infact it might even be one of the best saves I've seen in football tbh) - absolutely stunning icon14.gif

big Carlos was a collosus as well, but had to be as our midfield was completely shocking apart from Steven Davis (in the 2nd half)

it was a nightmare of a performance apart from McGregor and Carlos, but we are through icon_cool.gif maybe not deserved, but I'm not really that bothered

MvGregor proved tonight - as if we didn't know anyway - that he is a quality keeper. He might not be at the level of Goram yet, but really have you ever seen a Rangers keeper better that?

Cuellar as usual immense, Steve Davis played very well and also have to hand it to the referee, one of the best refereeing performances I've ever seen in Europe.

MvGregor proved tonight - as if we didn't know anyway - that he is a quality keeper. He might not be at the level of Goram yet, but really have you ever seen a Rangers keeper better that?

that save reminds me of the one Goram made against Van Hooijdonk in that OF derby in 95, I consider that one of the best saves I've ever seen in football - Allan's save tonight is right up there and his performance is up there with Goram/Klos previous ones as he saved us tonight. Goram/Klos did that on plenty of occasions

that was pummelling and we are supposed to be the lucky ones in europe icon_biggrin.gif

some of their shooting was woeful, the two strikers they had looked very poor over the two legs also.

novo up front on his own was a bad idea, you missed someone like cousin or darcheville badly to hold it up. i hope they are not fit for the OF games

Originally posted by GingerFurball:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by morton2003:

Wd Gers shame about all the Union jacks tho ,

Least we fly the flag of our own country you sack.

Where in Ireland is Glasgow? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where in Glasgow is Northern Ireland? icon_wink.gif

But that's not the point - why has the thread descended into this pish after youse just got through the the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup. Some mothers do have 'em.

Guest sav112

How sad one of our teams get into the last eight and its all about Flags! Got to laugh at the Sad small mindedness you see on forums………

Flags as if anyone cares! We just got into the last eight they could have my little pony flags for all I care…….

Get seriously in there – Last eight!

Plus I see the time suggested its worth almost 17M this run…

Originally posted by miketheheadlesschicken:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

MvGregor proved tonight - as if we didn't know anyway - that he is a quality keeper.

Needs to work on high balls and his kicking. Could do with cutting out the occasional camera save and gives up too many rebounds but his shot-stopping is excellent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah he's far from perfect, hence I said he's not up there with Goram icon_wink.gif

You know if that was FM, GQ would be jumping.

Actually Walter mentioned the Dundee United game some years ago. I remember that game, was amazing, he must have some kind of indian sign over that club icon_biggrin.gif

Guest sav112
Originally posted by Ladle:

Total Shots: 35 - 4 icon_biggrin.gif

Shots on Target: 11 - 2

Shot wide: 19 - 0

Shots blocked: 5 - 2

Thought that third we missed at Ibrox was going to haunt us there icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Hairy Coo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Got to laugh at the Sad small mindedness you see on forums

Ha, the irony of this being in an Old Firm thread icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing better to do, you bore?

Originally posted by Hairy Coo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Got to laugh at the Sad small mindedness you see on forums

Ha, the irony of this being in an Old Firm thread icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop stirring your hook in the pond icon_mad.gif You know the two threads don't even need bait, so stop dangling your sharp hook towards the mouths of GingerFurball et al.

Provisional Champions League Pots

Assumptions made: League positions remain unchanged, all seeded teams beat non-seeded teams in qualifiers.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Pot 1

116.006 Chelsea

113.006 Liverpool

111.507 FC Barcelona

109.006 Arsenal

99.380 Olympique Lyonnais

97.006 Manchester United

96.687 Internazionale Milano

93.507 Real Madrid

Pot 2

90.555 PSV Eindhoven

90.507 Villarreal CF

87.700 Bayern München

81.687 AS Roma

80.987 FC Porto

76.987 SL Benfica

71.700 Werder Bremen

66.687 Juventus

Pot 3

58.464 Rangers

52.525 Panathinaikos

52.380 Girondins de Bordeaux

51.993 FC Basel 1893

51.700 Hamburger SV

51.555 Ajax

51.525 Olympiacos Piraeus

51.464 Celtic

Pot 4

50.694 FC Zenit St. Petersburg

49.932 FC Shakhtar Donetsk

49.303 Fenerbahçe S.K.

41.810 Club Brugge K.V.

41.398 F.C. Rapid BucureÅŸti

40.303 BeÅŸiktaÅŸ J.K.

39.694 FC Spartak Moscow

13.398 CFR Cluj

</pre>

Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hairy Coo:

Stop stirring your hook in the pond icon_mad.gif You know the two threads don't even need bait, so stop dangling your sharp hook towards the mouths of GingerFurball et al. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not biting, it's Coo ffs, I don't take anything he posts seriously due to the likelihood of him being on the Buckfast since at least 9am yesterday morning. icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff
Originally posted by matty_8:

icon_biggrin.gif McGregor sounds as if he was brilliant. Radio raving about him, and challenging Craig Gordon for Scotland number one

On that sort of form I don't see why not

Originally posted by matty_8:

icon_biggrin.gif McGregor sounds as if he was brilliant. Radio raving about him, and challenging Craig Gordon for Scotland number one

depends if Gordon continues to play for that pish team and doesn't get into European football (which is unlikely playing for that lot) if he moves to a better club, then McGregor has no chance as Gordon is the better keeper

although Allan is vastly improving icon_cool.gif

Archived