The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Originally posted by tony_cfc:

its just the way it is when your doing well, its no coincidence that the managers of teams (outside the OF) you here complaining about the refs this season are the teams near the bottom

i heard a fair few rangers fans complaining on radio talk shows about the same thing over the past 2 years, dont think you dont have people our you side too

You'll aways get fans saying it. Fortunately our goalkeeper and manager don't.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tony_cfc:

if it was a player for your team im sure you would have some issue with it.

Nope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

b******* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT? icon_biggrin.gif Who the hell are you to tell me what I would and wouldn't think? You know absolutely nothing about me. A player consistently acts like a tit in reacting to a little crowd abuse, and no matter the colours they wear, they deserve censuring.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tony_cfc:

i dont pay enough attention to refs to comment on them but tbf there isn't any reason to complain about them when your winning is there?

Why not? If they're poor they're poor. But you lot always trot out the poor victim card whenever you're not top of the league. It's tedious, boring and downright embarrassing tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its just the way it is when your doing well, its no coincidence that the managers of teams (outside the OF) you here complaining about the refs this season are the teams near the bottom

i heard a fair few rangers fans complaining on radio talk shows about the same thing over the past 2 years, dont think you dont have people our you side too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With Celtic it's become an institutional thing. All supporters of all clubs feel from time to time they have suffered a raw deal from refs, sometimes they have sometimes they haven't. Your club has played the victim card as a club so often that you now virtually all believe it and even the normally rational FrankJJ and Stephen have been sucked in by it.

Originally posted by McD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McD:

if it was a player for your team im sure you would have some issue with it.

Nope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

b******* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT? icon_biggrin.gif Who the hell are you to tell me what I would and wouldn't think? You know absolutely nothing about me. A player consistently acts like a tit in reacting to a little crowd abuse, and no matter the colours they wear, they deserve censuring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if it ever happens the other way then, we will see how you think about it icon_wink.gif

b*******

im not saying i agree with everything he does but i know its all because of previous with him and peoples opinion on anything he does is judged on that. if it was any other player i dont think there would have been a booking

Of course it's to do with his previous. He does it all the time then has the cheek to complain when a ref finally pulls him up for it (and he gets called a bigot for doing so!). He's got away with it in games before remember - did you complain then? No.

If this was one of my players I'd have a red kip if he acted like such a child in front of the away fans. Why are you so intent on defending him?

if it ever happens the other way then, we will see how you think about it icon_wink.gif

I know now exactly how I'd think about it, thanks, and I made it clear in my previous post.

i dont mean just the criticism, the conspiracy stuff aswell

its always going to happen when there has been some glaring inconsistancies

the holy goalie thing is just a wind up, dont worry we dont see him as any sort religious leader icon_biggrin.gif

So why hasn't our club officials publicly declared their concern about the countless decisions against us this season then?

The holy goalie thing may be a wind up but as usual it's based on a flawed argument about an event which had nothing to do with his blessing. If I were religious and a catholic I certainly wouldn't be championing Boruc as someone to respect as an icon of my faith - tongue in cheek or not.

Originally posted by Anton:

How about we both do the same independant iq test and whoever scores lowest gets banned from these forums?

Haha, Christ, you're still going on about this?

Does this IQ test require us to spell independent correctly?

lovenkrands, you are more of a clown than the holyone. He is on the wind up with most of his posts which at least shows some semblance of intelligence. You have just spouted crap for the past week without any objectivity, as though you dont actuall read anything you are commenting on and just go for the view you think celtic fans would disagree with most.

Aye that's right Anton, I'm a clown. All I do is try and wind people up to see if I can get a reaction. If you actually read any of my posts you'd probably see differently. Good to see you and holyone are on the same wavelength if you think his posts are intelligent. icon_rolleyes.gif

As far as Boruc goes, I think everyone else has just proven how much of a wind up merchant he is and comments like "Rules for SPL, different rules for us" is the kind of things that make him a hated man.

im complaining because things in football should not go by previous, all players should be treated the same regardless! is that not a fair enough thing to say?

if there not then its a form of victimisation is it not?

it may not be the most sensible thing to do but i dont believe he should have been booked for it

I know now exactly how I'd think about it, thanks, and I made it clear in my previous post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok

Originally posted by Frankie:

i dont mean just the criticism, the conspiracy stuff aswell

its always going to happen when there has been some glaring inconsistancies

the holy goalie thing is just a wind up, dont worry we dont see him as any sort religious leader icon_biggrin.gif

So why hasn't our club officials publicly declared their concern about the countless decisions against us this season then?

The holy goalie thing may be a wind up but as usual it's based on a flawed argument about an event which had nothing to do with his blessing. If I were religious and a catholic I certainly wouldn't be championing Boruc as someone to respect as an icon of my faith - tongue in cheek or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

has any of our club officials said anything like this, i haven't heard anything?

you seem to think a bit too much on the holy goalie thing, i think thats what they wanted we they started calling him it icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Noticed earlier btw that Roy Keane was practising for being the next manager of Celtic as he claimed Sunderland were being victimized too.

no, that's called scouting Man Utd's reserves and Celtic's not wanted players for your first team AND thinking Paul McShane is a Premiership class defender icon_biggrin.gif

the holy goalie thing is just a wind up

Hilarious. Seriously. Just on the cusp of moving away from the religious crap that's blighted the rivalry for over a hundred years, let's all suddenly acknowledge the wealth of humour to be found in the phrase "holy goalie".

im complaining because things in football should not go by previous, all players should be treated the same regardless! is that not a fair enough thing to say?

if there not then its a form of victimisation is it not?

it may not be the most sensible thing to do but i dont believe he should have been booked for it

Of course players are treated the same by and large. I don't know of any other players who go up to the away fans and continually gesture towards them like Boruc - even Lennon didn't do that very often and he got worse abuse than Boruc ever has.

Do you think a player who time after time gestures offensively to away fans shouldn't be punished eventually?

If Barry Ferguson (roundly abused by opposition fans throughout the country) was doing this once or twice, was cautioned by police for doing it at an Old Firm game, then continued to do it at other games finally resulting in a booking (yes a yellow card not a sine die ban!) after being warned by a ref, what would you think if he came out and claimed he was the victim?

You'd laugh long and loud. Do really blame us for doing the same?

icon_biggrin.gif

has any of our club officials said anything like this, i haven't heard anything?

you seem to think a bit too much on the holy goalie thing, i think thats what they wanted we they started calling him it icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, your manager and your goalkeeper suggest as much - can you keep up?

I don't think too much on it at all - I just get annoyed when people lie about an event to suit their own flawed agenda. You do agree that is beneath contempt, yes?

Originally posted by Stephen Wilson:

It's that type of ***** that annoys us.

Honestly can't believe you think there's some sort of grand arching conspiracy behind this Stephen and not just base incompetency. You're too much of a good guy for that.

Cousin - goes crowdsurfing, doesn't get booked.

McDonald - celebrates on the field, booked.

Ferguson - runs behind the goal, not booked.

Cuellar - elbows, blatant pulling to stop a chance, not booked.

See what I mean?

In all honestly, I'm not sure what to believe about all this. Of course, you lot are always going to say that there's no chance of a conspiricy against Celtic. It would be the same the other way.

But, bloody hell, some of the time it really does seem like they're out to get us. Not saying they necessarily are, but it does look that way.

Cousin - goes crowdsurfing, doesn't get booked.

McDonald - celebrates on the field, booked.

Ferguson - runs behind the goal, not booked.

Cuellar - elbows, blatant pulling to stop a chance, not booked.

Oh no, a few bookings that didn't happen. Quick, call the offended police! icon_biggrin.gif

Where do offside goals, kicks at goalkeepers not punished, constant gesturing at fans not punished come into the conspiracy argument?

Has a Celtic player never ever run to the crowd to celebrate and not been booked or is it just this season it's become an issue?

Originally posted by Jeebs:

In all honestly, I'm not sure what to believe about all this. Of course, you lot are always going to say that there's no chance of a conspiricy against Celtic. It would be the same the other way.

But, bloody hell, some of the time it really does seem like they're out to get us. Not saying they necessarily are, but it does look that way.

Where are they out to get you? Please show us, we may agree.

Perhaps you can explain the dozens of bad decisions against us this season as well while you're at it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anton:

How about we both do the same independant iq test and whoever scores lowest gets banned from these forums?

Haha, Christ, you're still going on about this?

Does this IQ test require us to spell independent correctly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I made one post jokingly and one semi serious. I'll let you back out though no worries!

McCurry's the only one I'm not entirely sure with that it's just complete rubbishness.

Will be watching him closely the next games with him. We're supposed to have him next Wednesday, so on the back of Strachan talking in the press about it I expect we'll get a few soft decisions.

Ah, so questioning a referee's integrity to get a few soft decisions IS acceptable...?

I note you called Brines a bigot as well though. That was interesting if you just think he's rubbish.

Just little niggly things like Stephen said.

Thing is, no matter how much "evidence" (note the inverted commas, they mean something) any of us give, you lot are just going to revert back to saying it's just refs being crap.

It would be exactly the same if you lot were saying the same.

I didn't say it was acceptable but whatever works, not like putting pressure on refs isn't a worldwide activity.

Brines' complete nonsense reasons in the papers the few days after is what I annoyed me, quite frankly I don't see how waving and clapping are provocative or inflammatory. It happens at the end of almost every game. I can see why Boruc gets booked when he does daft stuff like running about with a flag, but to get booked for that was a completely disgraceful decision. Different if it's GIRUY gestures or the like, but that's quite clearly not what happened. Will be watching Brines' next game closely to see who gets booked after the game and who doesn't.

Just little niggly things like Stephen said.

Thing is, no matter how much "evidence" (note the inverted commas, they mean something) any of us give, you lot are just going to revert back to saying it's just refs being crap.

So what about the niggly things against us then - which we have just put down to the refs being crap?

What about the decisions that have went for you this season? Are they part of the conspiracy?

You do realise how stupid it looks to claim referees are cheats and/or bigots just because of a few extra bookings?

We've had Cousin "offside" at Tannadice earlier in the season. The non-penalties at Rugby Park. Players having lumps kicked out of them at Tynecastle a couple of weeks back without comeback. I could go on.

Aye, we've moaned about them, but there has been no claims of a concerted vendetta against Rangers. Therein lies the rub.

You do realise how stupid it looks to claim referees are cheats and/or bigots just because of a few extra bookings?

Evidently not.

Going by Strachan's outburst last week, it's almost a badge of honour.

yes but it really depends on the scale of it but i just dont think that incident alone warranted the ref to give him a yellow card. i just looked it as a little banter with fans who heckled him that was blown out of proportion due to who it was. there was no offense hand gestures or anything like that.

as i said im only judging that on that incident alone as i believe it should have been but i think it could possibly be more sensible for the SPL/SFA to have a word about it if they believed it was getting a bit out of hand

of course i would and you would probably say the exact same thing as i am and vice versa thats what i was trying to say with McD but he disagreed

to a man one set of us say one thing and the other say the exact oppsoite, i dont know why we bother argueing icon_biggrin.gif

we can agree to disagree on the matter, im sure we all have better thing to do

I didn't say it was acceptable but whatever works, not like putting pressure on refs isn't a worldwide activity.

Brines' complete nonsense reasons in the papers the few days after is what I annoyed me, quite frankly I don't see how waving and clapping are provocative or inflammatory. It happens at the end of almost every game. I can see why Boruc gets booked when he does daft stuff like running about with a flag, but to get booked for that was a completely disgraceful decision. Different if it's GIRUY gestures or the like, but that's quite clearly not what happened. Will be watching Brines' next game closely to see who gets booked after the game and who doesn't.

Boruc didn't get booked for waving the flag. Neither was he booked in the game he was cautioned by police in.

At all the games I've been at the season, I can safely say I've not seen any player sarcastically clap and/or give the come on gesture to the opposition fans. That's why no-one has been booked other than Boruc who was rightly firstly warned then booked after ignoring the warning. He broke the rules so surely as someone who wants them enforced fairly across the board, the referee deserves your backing for doing so?

I note you didn't explain the bigot comment. How is Brines a bigot for booking Boruc for breaking the rules.

Yes, your manager and your goalkeeper suggest as much - can you keep up?

I don't think too much on it at all - I just get annoyed when people lie about an event to suit their own flawed agenda. You do agree that is beneath contempt, yes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

by official i thought you meant the board or something.

strachan was complaining about inconsistancies which i believed he was well within his right to do considering what had happened, he never mentioned any conspiracies

anyway im finished with the matter, i've said my peice

Like I said, we'll never know if there's any conspiracy towards anyone, or if it's just downright crap refereeing. Refs are never going to admit it, unless something like what happened in Italy the other season happens, so all we can do is speculate.

It's like the so called West Coast bias that some of the rest of the SPL goes on about. Refs would never admit to being biased towards the OF, but some fans of some other SPL teams will claim that there is a bias.

i just looked it as a little banter with fans who heckled him that was blown out of proportion due to who it was.

Blown out of proportion. icon_biggrin.gif I mean, he was given a yellow card. Hardly taken to the stocks or anything.

Sure, the Celtic fans moaned, the Rangers fans cheered, the press hyped it all up, but that's there job. What else could they report on? A mundane Celtic win?

yes but it really depends on the scale of it but i just dont think that incident alone warranted the ref to give him a yellow card. i just looked it as a little banter with fans who heckled him that was blown out of proportion due to who it was. there was no offense hand gestures or anything like that.

as i said im only judging that on that incident alone as i believe it should have been but i think it could possibly be more sensible for the SPL/SFA to have a word about it if they believed it was getting a bit out of hand

of course i would and you would probably say the exact same thing as i am and vice versa thats what i was trying to say with McD but he disagreed

to a man one set of us say one thing and the other say the exact oppsoite, i dont know why we bother argueing icon_biggrin.gif

we can agree to disagree on the matter, im sure we all have better thing to do

Listen on that incident alone perhaps the booking was harsh. But the guy continually does it and continued to do so after being warned by the ref. Why defend him?

Surely Celtic FC should be sorting it out as well? Evidently not of course as they condone their players perpetuating the usual victimisation myth.

It's bizarre that you want players punished for celebrating with their own fans but not for when they argue with opposition fans. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Players sarcastically clap all the time. Donati did it in the same game when he went off.

I think the issue was not the clapping but the come on gesture. As well as the other stuff he's done in the past.

Doesn't matter who does it, they should be punished. Boruc is the worst offender and I've never seen any other player do it this season so not sure where you're getting your facts from.

Did any Rangers players sarcastically clap the Hibs/celtic fans earlier this season when we won those matches?

It's bizarre that you want players punished for celebrating with their own fans but not for when they argue with opposition fans. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Nice spin, I dont know why anyone even bothers anymore but...

Its consistancy in the decisions that is wanted. JVoH booked and sent off for celebrating with fans. MacDonald booked for celebrating near to fans but not with them. Cousin not booked for diving into the fans.

Personally I wouldnt book any of them for it, its an emotional game. But if you are going to set a precedent then stick to it.

Like I said, we'll never know if there's any conspiracy towards anyone, or if it's just downright crap refereeing. Refs are never going to admit it, unless something like what happened in Italy the other season happens, so all we can do is speculate.

It's like the so called West Coast bias that some of the rest of the SPL goes on about. Refs would never admit to being biased towards the OF, but some fans of some other SPL teams will claim that there is a bias.

There is NO officiating conspiracy in favour of anyone. End of.

Nice spin, I dont know why anyone even bothers anymore but...

Its consistancy in the decisions that is wanted. JVoH booked and sent off for celebrating with fans. MacDonald booked for celebrating near to fans but not with them. Cousin not booked for diving into the fans.

Personally I wouldnt book any of them for it, its an emotional game. But if you are going to set a precedent then stick to it.

Not spin - just an observation of your flawed logic.

Can you think of a time a Celtic player has celebrated with his fans/left the pitch and not been booked? I can.

Honestly a few non-bookings and we have cheating, bigotted refs. Can you explain the various inconsistencies against us this season?

to a man one set of us say one thing and the other say the exact oppsoite

Sometimes, but not this time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but your special

Archived