The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wenger made serious overtures towards Caracciolo after his thirty goal season a few years back, but his demands were reportedly astronomical. Struggled a bit since leaving Brescia, but he does seem to be the type of striker Rangers would want in their attack (6ft 6 or so, good at holding up play, strong). Could really go either way, either ripping the league up or being absolutely pish, especially since he is supposedly very much a confidence player.

Originally posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

No sign of the expected " Robbie Fowler linked with late move to Rangers " rumour yet?

Hip injury has ruled him out till July at least, so thats why thats not come up. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sure him and Alan Smith will be sighted in Homebase as deadline day develops icon14.gif

possibly the worst day of the year this tbh, when any **** can say they've seen somebody in a certain footballing area and practically the world and the media will believe them icon_biggrin.gif

Clyde one and BBC Scotland saying Darren Fletcher was seen at Prestwick airport, a Follow Follow poaster claims he got a text informing him Fletcher is at Murray Park.

Probably aload of pish, but would be happy if we signed Fletcher and Luke Moore.

Originally posted by kerrski:

Clyde one and BBC Scotland saying Darren Fletcher was seen at Prestwick airport, a Follow Follow poaster claims he got a text informing him Fletcher is at Murray Park.

Probably aload of pish, but would be happy if we signed Fletcher and Luke Moore.

I would be happy with Moore, unhappy with Fletcher, hes not the type of midfielder we need.

Obviously im no expert, but i get the feeling if Fletcher ended up at a club like Rangers, where he is one of the best or better players, then he will shine.

At Man Utd he is never going to be anymore than a squad player.

I would rather have him than Broon9. He has great vision, precise long range passing, and crucially for me, gets beyond the strikers.

Originally posted by Jeebs:

You lot are signing Caracciolo?

Aww, i like(d) him as well icon_frown.gif

no confirmation of anything, just the rumour mill spinning around like it always does on deadline day icon14.gif

Fletcher would definitely be a good player at a club where he is getting first team football, pretty much why he's lacking when he plays for Scotland is the amount of football he gets for Man Utd

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vidmar14:

we won't sign anyone.

Smoke and mirrors RE: the big italian

Thats just stupid. Why fly 3 employees over to Italy to try to get a deal done. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe Bain and Smith wanted a wee break in Italy icon_cool.gif

Il Brescia calcio comunica ufficialmente l'acquisto dell'attaccante Andrea Caracciolo a titolo definitivo. La società ha rilevato le due metà del giocatore, in comproprietà tra Sampdoria e Palermo.

From the Brescia website.

Says that they have bought both halfs of the player from Sampdoria and Palermo.

Wonder what plan F is.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

And of course greetin faced Stevie *****bag Frail decided that the Barry handball 'changed' the game, forgetting conveniently at least two other claims for a penalty from our point of view which would have made that irrelevant. Makes me happy to see that wee git cry.

He's conveniently forgetting Goncalves got away with a similar ball to hand scenario 20 seconds before the goal.

Personally, I think McCurry got both calls wrong, but at least he was consistent with his interpretation of the offence.

Originally posted by deathhead:

steven davis signed, excellent . really like him as a player.

If he re-captures the form that got him a £4million move to Fulham he'll be worth making a permanent move for.

Has the ability to be a very good midfielder.

LIFELONG Rangers fan Steve Davis has finally realised a dream by earning a move to his boyhood heroes.

The 23-year-old Fulham midfielder has signed up on loan until the end of the season and is finally getting the chance to play for the club he loves, 11 years after being rejected as a kid.

Davis came over from Northern Ireland for trials when he was 12 and was involved in the same set-up as Stevie Smith but things didn't work out and he ended up making the grade at Aston Villa.

Now Davis is getting his chance to pull on the blue shirt and he can't wait.

He told rangers.co.uk: "It really is a dream come true for me. I have been a fan all of my life so to get the chance to come to Rangers is fantastic.

"I grew up as a fan and I have remained that way so when I heard that Rangers were interested in taking me it was a no-brainer really.

"Since the manager has been changed at Fulham things have not worked out for me so I welcome this chance to come to Glasgow.

"I'm finally getting my chance after missing out when I was a kid. I came over for trials when I was 12 and I played in the same team as Stevie Smith.

"I'm glad he's doing well again and I look forward to meeting up with him when I get there tomorrow."

Davis could be highly useful to boss Walter Smith with Kevin Thomson out for a period following a hernia operation and he aims to take his chance.

He said: "Rangers are in a great position right now as they are challenging on all fronts and it will be fantastic to be part of that.

"I hope to win trophies with Rangers in my time with the club. That would be fantastic. I obviously know who the players are and to play in the same team as Barry Ferguson would be great."

Chick Dung has said he spoke to Smith a little while ago, he says he's still in Italy. If thats the case I doubt we will sign anyone else now.

If thats the case I dont think we're going to be strong enough to win the league. IMO we needed to bring in a new striker to play in the first 11.

Dissapointing transfer window for us.

Originally posted by GingerFurball:

This might be incredibly simple of me, but a URL would be appreciated.

Here's me thinking you'd have known it as well... icon_wink.gif

www.gersnetonline.net

According to David Tanner (SSN) we won't be making any more signings anyway. Disappointing that we lost out on the Italian and frustrating that we didn't seem to have a second choice player lined up in case of problems.

Eggs. Basket.

The Davis signing seems a decent one (even if the name confused us all earlier today) but whether or not it's enough remains to be seen.

Originally posted by GingerFurball:

Registered.

Must say it's refreshing to see something other than the "server is busy" message. icon_biggrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

Being a small (but perfectly formed well place) we don't usually have that problem... icon_wink.gif

Nowhere near as busy as FF but some good debate without the usual handbags...

Archived