The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">To be honest thats been the situation since he joined, he only ever came here to win a move to the EPL, ad there is only one way for him to do that in the summer...

Yeah well players like that can gtf would rather have players who actually want to play for us, old fashioned being that I am icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well we would have one still here if we didn't have the Mint and the sun-tan man icon14.gif

although who knows what's happening with that one though, not even FF know

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">To be honest thats been the situation since he joined, he only ever came here to win a move to the EPL, ad there is only one way for him to do that in the summer...

Yeah well players like that can gtf would rather have players who actually want to play for us, old fashioned being that I am icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I whole heartedly agree mate, but times have changed and we must now act as a feeder club for not so bigger clbs but in much bigger leagues.

Just out of interest, if Hutton turns down this move, and Spurs didn't come back again in the Summer (even though they no doubt would), could you ever see Rangers being offered a better offer, or a bigger club than Spurs coming in for him?

Originally posted by BWCH:

Just out of interest, if Hutton turns down this move, and Spurs didn't come back again in the Summer (even though they no doubt would), could you ever see Rangers being offered a better offer, or a bigger club than Spurs coming in for him?

Doesn't Sir Alex seem to favour Hutton alot?

I could see him wanting him as a long term replacement for Gary Neville.

We seriously need some midfield help, our midfield is paper thin right now.

I'm a bit dismayed how Celtic have been proactive with Transfer this Jan (Mizuno, Hinkel, Samaras). Surely we need to react.

The real answer to that I suppose is, who really knows.

Although, I think the move will be finalised tomorrow (or later today for the UK), so we'll never find out

If he continued to improve, why not?

I'm a bit dismayed how Celtic have been proactive with Transfer this Jan (Mizuno, Hinkel, Samaras). Surely we need to react.

Glad you're not the manager. Oh quick lets panic buy because a poor Celtic team have brought in three extra players and we're only erm well top of the league but still lets panic!

Glad you're not the manager. Oh quick lets panic buy because a poor Celtic team have brought in three extra players and we're only erm well top of the league but still lets panic!

nah mate, don't get me wrong i'm not saying we should panic buy for the sake of, i'm just saying that we obviously have been needing a creative spark it's been our glaring problem. This is not a new problem and it's been someting we've all noticed since the start of the season. My main point is i wish we would have addressed this by now.

Originally posted by Oliver:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Neil Alexander signed... icon14.gif

is he going to be first choice?

saved 3/4 pens at home this season icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No way- backup to McGregor and extra cover for Europe. Smith obviously uncomfortable with only McGregor and Smith as cover.

Really dont understand the Dailly signing- we have all said that we need some creativity in midfield and this is not the amswer IMO. I will admit however that I didnt rate the signing of Weir last year and I was wrong then.

Originally posted by FrazT:

No way- backup to McGregor and extra cover for Europe. Smith obviously uncomfortable with only McGregor and Smith as cover.

Really dont understand the Dailly signing- we have all said that we need some creativity in midfield and this is not the amswer IMO. I will admit however that I didnt rate the signing of Weir last year and I was wrong then.

strange. it was saying on itfc.com that he wanted to try and stay in the scotland squad.

playing games in the championship > not playing games in the spl

Dailly is an ok short term signing, he just better not be the type of signing we can expect with near enough £11m coming in, based on Cousin leaving. Probably David Murray's asked FIFA to wait till the last minute then Walter won't have any time to spend the money.

If the choice is experience over untested youth you have to go with experience for a short while, but in the long run we have to blood the youths or scrap the youth team because whats the point? Still on the bright side, it keeps the Scottish balance of the side.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theholyone:

Hutton will be back within 3 years...

Scared? You seem awfully obsessed with him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope,But I think his situation will be similiar to Ferguson..I would have liked to seen you keep him actually because when Celtic win the league this season,Alot of Rangers fans will blame David Murray for selling Hutton.

Dailly is basically a straight swap for Ehiogu - I doubt we'll even see him play.

Like PM7, I can understand why he wants experienced cover for this season but with less pressure next term, I'd like to see youngsters blooded ahead of the likes of Dailly.

Hopefully we'll sign another player or two before tomorrow night.

.I would have liked to seen you keep him actually because when Celtic win the league this season,Alot of Rangers fans will blame David Murray for selling Hutton.

I'd actually be blaming the team because I know we can win this SPL title, no player is bigger than Rangers - despite the possibility of him getting forced out

I guess Daily is as least better than Ugo and Faye (if he's going to move) icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Frankie:

Dailly is basically a straight swap for Ehiogu - I doubt we'll even see him play.

Like PM7, I can understand why he wants experienced cover for this season but with less pressure next term, I'd like to see youngsters blooded ahead of the likes of Dailly.

Hopefully we'll sign another player or two before tomorrow night.

Once we've sewn the title up then lets hope Walters tosses some kids in. Tbh though, it's never really been his style before and I was hoping that not having pots of money to <STRIKE>waste</STRIKE> throw around he might be forced to use them more. Although tbf to Sir Walter his signings were usually decent.

• SI Staff

Walter was always going to go with the experienced route for this season if we found ourselves short. Not going to risk younger players when we're trying to win the title.

Doesn't make it seem any better though at the moment. Hopefully it will be the right decision come the end of the season.

Stand up and be counted Steven Whittaker icon_smile.gif

Rangers have completed the signing of Ipswich Town goalkeeper Neil Alexander, which should free Roy Carroll to join Derby County

Thomas Buffel has told Rangers boss Walter Smith to either start playing him or let him leave the club.

Burnley boss Owen Coyle has denied reports that Rangers have joined the race to sign striker Kyle Lafferty.

Web for 150K

Hutton & Dailly deal

Its all go today it semms......

Daniel Cousin's move to Fulham could still be on after FIFA confirmed they still have to make a decision on his transfer from Rangers - that could be good news as well icon14.gif

what a stunning hit from Baz there icon_eek.gif looks like a handball to set it up, but what a brilliant finish icon_cool.gif

get it right up you Mitchell and Dodds anyway, Mitchell a Hearts fan commentating on this? and Dodds who seems to have a problem with us? great commentating team BBC icon_rolleyes.gif

Thought it was Sellick that were meant to be paranoid TM icon_biggrin.gif

Felt dirty smiling as the Bazmeister struck home that goal I'd have been going mental for had it been v anyother team than Hearts and had I not had money on Rangers.

Still feel pretty dirty, gonna go for a shower.

never been a fan of Mitchell tbh, especially when he was coming out with stuff like "this team needs to step up a gear" when we were playing Zeta away in the CL - commentating on a Scottish team and you are saying that on a Scottish channel

I think it is a handball, but it is a stunning finish icon_wink.gif and if you look at the decisions made at Falkirk on Sunday, then you probably know why I called Underhill the Celtic hero

Couldn't make the game tonight as my wee one and the wife have the cold... icon_frown.gif

Thought we played pretty well actually. Whittaker did very well at right back, Hemdani and Ferguson were superb in midfield and Burke looks sharper and sharper with every game.

Obviously the game had a few controversial moments which McCurry seemed to struggle with - pity as he's been the best ref this season by far.

- The Nade run was a foul but outside the box.

- Thought the JCD run was a penalty with both Hearts players bringing him down.

- Goncalves looked a handball but he didn't mean it.

- Ferguson looked a handball but he didn't mean it.

There was also a handball in the first half that seemed similar. All in all, some questionable decisions and it was good to see us benefit for a change this season when it could have went against us.

Second goal was well worked and that essentially killed the game. So after a disappointing day in losing Hutton, I think the team did well to keep the heads up and give the kind of performance that once again shows we won't be fair off this season in all competitions.

icon_cool.gif

Archived