The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Originally posted by ATW:

Problem with that Rangers, and Celtic don't seem to moan about if every other week. Although saying that if I was a Gretna fan who benefited from it last night neither would I, maybe that is why it happens... icon_smile.gif

Rangers don't moan every other week because we realise bad decisions do often even themselves out.

Nonetheless guys like Richmond, McDonald and Brines are consistently awful and how they have ever reached the top flight of refereeing is beyond me. In all the time I've been going to football I've never seen such inconsistent, bizarre and inaccurate refereeing.

Yet is nothing is done about it - probably because when managers complain that are censured and/or deemed bad losers while the media only highlight bad officiating when it suits them.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Frankie:

Nonetheless guys like Richmond, McDonald and Brines are consistently awful and how they have ever reached the top flight of refereeing is beyond me. In all the time I've been going to football I've never seen such inconsistent, bizarre and inaccurate refereeing.

They got to the top flight because the ones below are even worse. They can get away with anything because, unlike the SPL officials, there are no TV cameras to show them up.

Originally posted by miketheheadlesschicken:

They got to the top flight because the ones below are even worse. They can get away with anything because, unlike the SPL officials, there are no TV cameras to show them up.

That doesn't surprise me obviously.

Unfortunately, all the above suggests a real problem with the coaching of these people. Being a ref/linesman isn't easy and I'd take issue with anyone who suggested these people were actually cheating.

However, incompetency should never be acceptable and considering these people are paid for their contribution, questions should be asked why they make the same mistakes - time after time after time.

Robson expects Ehiogu to sign up

Sheffield United manager Bryan Robson says he is close to signing defender Ugo Ehiogu from Rangers.

The 35-year-old joined the Glasgow club in January 2007 from Middlesbrough, but has made just one appearance this term.

"We just need to have one last discussion with Walter Smith to see if he'll allow Ugo to leave but it is looking favourable," said Robson.

"I've worked with Ugo before and he's interested in coming so that looks like a transfer that will go through."

The former England defender made an impact at Rangers in his first Old Firm match when he scored the only goal in theat Celtic Park in March.

Blades boss Robson paid £8m to take Ehiogu to Middlesbrough from Aston Villa in 2000, where he stayed for seven seasons.

Towards the end of his time at The Riverside he went on loan to Leeds United before joining Rangers on a free transfer.

• SI Staff

Ehiogu has been released and is away for talks with Sheffield Utd

Looks like Dailly will come in as his replacement. Will also provide cover in midfield if needed, which is likely given that Thomson looks like being missing for a month or so.

• SI Staff

I don't really see what the problem is with Dailly signing. It's not like he's going to form a partnership with Weir and keep Cuellar out of the team. He's an experienced player that is there for cover incase we get any injuries. A wise move IMO considering Ehiogu is gone, Weir is 95 and Webster always seems to be injured. That only really leaves Broadfoot as backup if something goes wrong.

In midfield we're already a bit short. Thomson is injured and the backup there is Amdy Faye and Dean Furman who are pish and unproven respectively. Dailly can provide cover there as well if needed but, again, he's not going to keep Ferguson, Hemdani or Thomson out of the team.

I'm sure he will do a job for us but we're not in dire straits like we were a year ago. We should be building not continually employing stop-gaps. It's the same reason I didn't want Steven Pressley, the same reason I didn't want Steve Banks. The cheap, lazy, ageing option.

http://travel.discovery.com/ideas/adventure-travel/socc...es/soccer-games.html

nteresting, what no San Giro you say.

4. Ibrox Stadium

What's Cool: Rangers fans love to sing, and their songs are just that — actual songs with melodies, not chants.

-----------------------------------------

A trip to the cold north of Britain to see the Glasgow Rangers Football Club is sure to "put some hairs on yer wee chest." At Ibrox, 50,500 Rangers fanatics have created one of the most fervent, electric matchday atmospheres in the entire world, and it's worth a look. Although fans of cross-town rival Glasgow Celtic will beg to differ (will insist on differing, in fact), Rangers FC are the class leaders of Scottish soccer, having won multiple titles.

Originally posted by jimbo22:

http://travel.discovery.com/ideas/adventure-travel/socc...es/soccer-games.html

nteresting, what no San Giro you say.

4. Ibrox Stadium

What's Cool: Rangers fans love to sing, and their songs are just that — actual songs with melodies, not chants.

A trip to the cold north of Britain to see the Glasgow Rangers Football Club is sure to "put some hairs on yer wee chest." At Ibrox, 50,500 Rangers fanatics have created one of the most fervent, electric matchday atmospheres in the entire world, and it's worth a look. Although fans of cross-town rival Glasgow Celtic will beg to differ (will insist on differing, in fact), Rangers FC are the class leaders of Scottish soccer, having won multiple titles.

icon_biggrin.gif

Songs?

Quite right we're ahead of the hairybacks though, OF games at Breezeblock Boulevard have no atmosphere compared to at Ibrox.

5. Stamford Bridge

What's Cool: It's like Fenway Park, only with action and noise included.

Chelsea Football Club play smack in the middle of swinging London, in what was formerly Austin Powers territory and is today home to many trendy bars and restaurants. The stadium, called Stamford Bridge, was built in 1904 and offers a cozy atmosphere with a capacity of only 28,000. On the field, Chelsea aims to please, and the club has been accused of valuing showmanship more than winning. No matter what the motive, there is no doubt that this soccer is exciting to watch. The Bridge is a stylish stadium for a stylish team.

Such drivel icon_biggrin.gif

Its a testament to how far ICT have come that we no longer look on a vist to Inverness as a guaranteed 3 points and indeed consider it one of the more difficult away fixtures.

A big win would be good

Any type of win would also be good.

Originally posted by FrazT:

Its a testament to how far ICT have come that we no longer look on a vist to Inverness as a guaranteed 3 points and indeed consider it one of the more difficult away fixtures.

A big win would be good

Any type of win would also be good.

It should be because they are a poor side. I expect us to start with this 4-5-1 going on 4-3-3 when we get the ball.

I just wish Smith would stop ****ing around and go 4-4-2.

absolutely pish first half it was for both sides, no hunger at all shown by us and I guess Adam must have pictures of Walter to be able to stay on after his performance

just need some more urgency and creativity to hopefully get a goal though - although Naismith should feel very hard done being taken off when others (Adam) were absolutely pish

Poor match, we badly needed some drive in the first 70 minutes. Worrying our performances have slipped so much in the last couple of games. Still a win's a win and we probably just deserved it. ICT were shocking.

Hard to believe that was their biggest attendance ever. Had the atmosphere of a training match. Probably a reflection of the game.

That’s two penalties last match and the perfectly good goal chalked off this match, got to love those decisions! icon_eek.gif

Justice done in the end at a very difficult away ground. icon14.gif

Smith icon14.gif

Result ! icon_biggrin.gif

There was a fair few Radios switched off there I bet on the Green side…..Fantastic……..

There was a fair few Radios switch off there I bet on the Green side…..Fantastic……..

Archived