The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Absolutely no chance there will be heavy snow in Glasgow.

The city lies at too low an altitude.

I'm pretty sure there has been heavy snow in Glasgow before icon_biggrin.gif

It'll probably be OK but you never know

Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Absolutely no chance there will be heavy snow in Glasgow.

The city lies at too low an altitude.

I'm pretty sure there has been heavy snow in Glasgow before icon_biggrin.gif

It'll probably be OK but you never know </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In 20 years living in this city off the top of my head I can recall about 5 times where we've had a couple of inches, and about twice when we've had 4"+.

Unless there's a blizzard during the game, there's no chance of it being called off imo.

Well there's always a chance. 1980 European Cup QF v Koln was postponed cos of snow icon_wink.gif (I mean if we're dredging up old incidents and all that!)

Also in that 1879 Cup Final against Vale, that goal should definately have counted. We woz robbed I tell you.

Originally posted by BWCH:

Forgetting 11 years back, (as I can't even remember that far!) I still think not giving Lennon that penalty at your place was the worst decision I have ever seen x

We could go on all day... No-one would win. Let's leave it at that... icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Frankie:

Ha! Can I bring up a goal that we were disallowed a long time ago as well...?

More just to slag of Gerry McTwat than anything else of course... icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

I remember that, can't believe it took them so long to realise, I remember being very confused. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by BWCH:

Forgetting 11 years back, (as I can't even remember that far!) I still think not giving Lennon that penalty at your place was the worst decision I have ever seen x

Eh? The fat fuck took a dive.

I'll see your "penalty" and raise you 2 shocking offside calls in the 6-2 game which could have altered the course of Scottish footballing history this decade.

Originally posted by GingerFurball:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BWCH:

I'll see your "penalty" and raise you 2 shocking offside calls in the 6-2 game which could have altered the course of Scottish footballing history this decade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Lennon foul was clearly a penalty, you insanely biased ass clown.

Originally posted by Stan petrov:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BWCH:

I'll see your "penalty" and raise you 2 shocking offside calls in the 6-2 game which could have altered the course of Scottish footballing history this decade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Lennon foul was clearly a penalty, you insanely biased ass clown. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give it a fecking rest!

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anton:

It was a stonewaller though!

And hartson had two clear goals chopped off for offsides at ibrox!!! icon_biggrin.gif

We could on all day, with things like that. Its pointless icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, so now your just repeating all the things I said to you when you were posting a load of rubbish in the Celtic thread.

difference is, my post is relevant and true.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anton:

And hartson had two clear goals chopped off for offsides at ibrox!!! icon_biggrin.gif

We could on all day, with things like that. Its pointless icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, so now your just repeating all the things I said to you when you were posting a load of rubbish in the Celtic thread.

difference is, my post is relevant and true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we could also talk about Mr Dougal who was on record as saying "I tried my hardest not to send Neil Lennon off" after an OF game a couple of seasons ago.

Whats your thoughts on that?

We would be here all day picking up little things like this. At the end of the day it wasn't a penalty, because the ref never gave it.

If your granny had balls and all that.

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stan petrov:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

difference is, my post is relevant and true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we could also talk about Mr Dougal who was on record as saying "I tried my hardest not to send Neil Lennon off" after an OF game a couple of seasons ago.

Whats your thoughts on that?

We would be here all day picking up little things like this. At the end of the day it wasn't a penalty, because the ref never gave it.

If your granny had balls and all that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont really care if it was or wasnt, just responding to that scrotes claim it was a dive. probably a joke and all that, but meh.

Christ, I knew that it was an awful call but I didn't remember it being that bad.

Worst decision ever in a OF game, but do we bleat on and on and on and on and on and on............

Actually not it wasn't, the day Celtic stole the cup when they took a throw they knew wasn't theirs, blatant open cheating, but do we bleat on and on and on and on and on and on.....

Originally posted by TM:

that video of the "offside" goal just reminds me how much I miss Andreas Thom as he was so pish icon_frown.gif

be quite surprised if any of the younger Celtic fans would remember him though icon_smile.gif

My memory of Andy Thom seems a bit better than yours as there was no way he was pish, check out the 1st goal in this 3-3 classic.

Squad for Sunday: Smith, Whittaker, Cuellar, Ehiogu, Papac, Burke, Gow, Thomson, Naismith, Boyd, Novo, McGregor, Broadfoot, Buffel, Adam, Fleck, Furman, Efrem.

So whats thoughts on the line up?

McGregor; Whittaker, Cuellar, Broadfeet, Papac; Burke, Thomson, Buffel, Adam; Novo, Naismith

Probably bring on the likes of Fleck et all with half an hour to go, I'd be stunned if good old safe Walter started any of the 'kids'.

• SI Staff

Maybe because we could do with an experienced keeper as backup. I don't think Smith has given the management much to shout about through his performances for the reserves.

Smith will do for a back-up though. Three older keepers is excessive, squad-wise. It is salaries better spent elsewhere. Carroll was obviously brought in to challenge McGregor which he hasn't been able to do so it's pretty obvious WS's gonna stick with the guy now barring injury.

• SI Staff
Smith will do for a back-up though.

Based on what? From what I gather he's been pretty poor when he's played for the reserves. If McGregor was to get a serious injury would you be happy having Smith in goal with no chance of bringing in a replacement or have an experienced reliable keeper there to bring in if they are needed?

Smith has always operated this way. Remeber Theo Snelders coming in as backup for Goram.

I'd rather us have the option there to use if needed and it's not going to cost us much anyway.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Squad for Sunday: Smith, Whittaker, Cuellar, Ehiogu, Papac, Burke, Gow, Thomson, Naismith, Boyd, Novo, McGregor, Broadfoot, Buffel, Adam, Fleck, Furman, Efrem.

So whats thoughts on the line up?

McGregor; Whittaker, Cuellar, Broadfeet, Papac; Burke, Thomson, Buffel, Adam; Novo, Naismith

Probably bring on the likes of Fleck et all with half an hour to go, I'd be stunned if good old safe Walter started any of the 'kids'.

Given the squad:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Smith

Whittaker Cuellar Broadfoot Papac

Furman Thomson ©

Burke Buffel Gow

Boyd

</pre>

Much the same as our attacking 4-3-3 of late.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

Cheers for biting Stan. icon14.gif

very mature of yourself, as usual. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a shame it wasn't HH. Would have been far more entertaining.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Worst decision ever in a OF game, but do we bleat on and on and on and on and on and on............

Behave yourself, it's nowhere near as bad as someone miscontrolling the ball out for a goal kick and falling under minimal contact.

No answer to my point about offsides in the 6-2 game I see.

Originally posted by GingerFurball:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stan petrov:

Cheers for biting Stan. icon14.gif

very mature of yourself, as usual. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a shame it wasn't HH. Would have been far more entertaining. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sadly, he's probably dissapeared again.

• SI Staff

Hopefully, turning into a school playground in here icon_frown.gif

Anyway, be interesting to see if Fleck starts tomorrow. I would like him to although if he does well the hype is going to go into overdrive. If Carroll is still here then I think he might get a game too.

I would go with...

Carroll

Whittaker

Papac

Broadfoot

Ehiogu

Thomson

Furman

Burke

Gow

Fleck

Boyd ©

Originally posted by Ter:

Based on what?

Well, based on him being decent enough for the Killie first team, decent enough for WS to take on in the first place. I could see the desperation more if Smith was 19 but he's 25. If he's not good enough to deputise at 25, then we really should be looking to shift him on too.

And Stevie Banks hardly sets the world alight anyway. icon_biggrin.gif Only advantage to someone like him, I guess, is his coaching possibilities.

Oh, and mentioning Snelders reminds of WS's other backup goalkeeping masterstroke from NIAR..... Andy Dibble!

Archived