The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jambo:

Ref been poor for both teams. Clarks was a shocking challenge and both Ferguson and McCulloch just rammed their arms into Severins face as they ran past and both should have seen red.

my baws, Ferguson was playing the peacemaker, McCulloch was stupid but Clark was looking for a reason to get the red out after the start to the game

thank god he's retiring this year, absolute shambles

And Setanta determined to do their part to get the players suspended after the match, well done them.

The Aberdeen player who took Hutton was far worse than anything Barry might have done but lets ignore that and concentrate on weaking Rangers. Typical scummie coverage from a scummie channel.

Setanta handpicking the best commentators here, I thought fat boy Crocker was bad - but this guy seems to be creaming it every time any tackles are made by us icon_biggrin.gif

Adam...got...the....ball - for any refs out there

Ok well one foot or two dont really matter when studs are up and showing ,

Ref's did ok ,

Apart from Clark should went for tackle ,

Barry ferguson should gone

And got lee mc spot on

Evens out Ferguson should gone , he never neither did clark

hence it should really have been 10 v 9 men

as clark should gone , with both rangers players following him ,

can somebody tell me how Aberdeen only had 4 bookings in that game icon_biggrin.gif Clark an utter shambles, but we've had Freeland and Brines at it in the last few weeks anyway

McCulloch - stupid

Ferguson - how he didn't get booked at all in that game is beyond me icon_biggrin.gif but he shouldn't have been sent off despite all Setanta's pleas and claims

Naismith - MOTM for me, brilliant at holding up the ball and causing trouble all day icon_cool.gif

Aberdeen had maybe one or two shots in that game, cannot believe we didn't take the 3pts as we'd have deserved them, but Clark and McCulloch's stupidty stopped us getting them, plus some inept performances (mostly from Cousin)

Oh well down to ten men away and we get the point, nothing lost to Celtic. The fact we were drilled enough to keep it that way is somthing.

Shame we could not gain two points.

Lee Mc should know better, he let us all down today, if your going to be an idiot mate then you can leave and lets a Professional in.

Originally posted by TM:

think I'll take PM7's advice and put some in this thread on ignore icon14.gif

Trust me it saves a lot of hassle and having to read their pish.

We should have won that match, but a draw will do. Tough match against Motherwell, but I expect to be top of the league come the end of Boxing day. icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Jeebs:

That's giving in though. icon_biggrin.gif

It's fun to read sometimes. Then it just gets icon_frown.gif.

Nah it's not really. Sensible Celtic fans like yourself are fine, can't be arsed with the nonsense Hooray 'I only post when we're winning' and his cronies post.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

think I'll take PM7's advice and put some in this thread on ignore icon14.gif

Trust me it saves a lot of hassle and having to read their pish.

We should have won that match, but a draw will do. Tough match against Motherwell, but I expect to be top of the league come the end of Boxing day. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can't really see Celtic making the same mistakes as we did against Dundee Utd though as they'd need to lose probably unless we hammered Motherwell

if they play the ball on the ground, Celtic should easily win

Originally posted by ibroxhero:

On the plus side Naismith was fantastic today icon14.gif

Got to say he did icon14.gif on the plus side we seemed to play very well and at one point we were down to nine men.

I'm sure I never did it, but I get that on HOORAY HENRIK posts, they never show. I must have forgot that I had done it, I bet it was more to do with just seeing how it worked rather than anything said. icon_rolleyes.gif

on the plus side we seemed to play very well and at one point we were down to nine men.

down to 9 when Aberdeen got the corner which led to the goal they got, 3 minutes into stoppage time at the end of the first half - Clark had signalled 2 icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by TM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">on the plus side we seemed to play very well and at one point we were down to nine men.

down to 9 when Aberdeen got the corner which led to the goal they got, 3 minutes into stoppage time at the end of the first half - Clark had signalled 2 icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2 is the minimum icon_wink.gif looking for excuses now are we? icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Really could have done with the three points. Pity. McCulloch and Ferguson should have known better.

Decent performance though and that's probably the second most difficult away venue to go to, so a point's fair enough. Ball's still in our court atm and yesterday certainly won't be the last time Celtic drop points.

Cheers to Aberdeen for lying down to us today. icon14.gif

Originally posted by McD:

Really could have done with the three points. Pity. McCulloch and Ferguson should have known better.

Decent performance though and that's probably the second most difficult away venue to go to, so a point's fair enough. Ball's still in our court atm and yesterday certainly won't be the last time Celtic drop points.

Cheers to Aberdeen for lying down to us today. icon14.gif

It won't be the last time Celtic drop points defo. But this isn't the last time Rangers will drop points. Going to be a tight league this year. All in all, I think Gretna will win it.

Originally posted by Number 7:

Clark should of went,Ferguson should of went, Hutton should of went, Adam should of went, Lee McCulloch is just stupid.

Well played Aberdeen.

Haha, twice in a day now you've made me laugh. Very good.

Originally posted by McD:

Oh, also, despite the disappointment of two dropped points, it was a fairly enjoyable match. Plenty of commitment and some nice football.

have to say I quite enjoy the powderkeg sort of games, but I think a lot of people are like that icon_biggrin.gif

last few OF derbies have had nothing like some of the stuff that went on today, almost as if the sting has gone out of it recently - although now I've said that, it will probably be a battle on Jan 2nd

Originally posted by TM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McD:

Oh, also, despite the disappointment of two dropped points, it was a fairly enjoyable match. Plenty of commitment and some nice football.

have to say I quite enjoy the powderkeg sort of games, but I think a lot of people are like that icon_biggrin.gif

last few OF derbies have had nothing like some of the stuff that went on today, almost as if the sting has gone out of it recently - although now I've said that, it will probably be a battle on Jan 2nd </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tbh i prefer meaty challenges, sending offs and lots of bookings in OF games. more passion and excitement for fans. will be a good game hopefully.

Originally posted by Haz:

The desperation being shown in the posts of some of our visitors this afternoon is absolutely hilarious icon_biggrin.gif

It's been like that for as long as I've used these forums. It is funny. Some of them take more pleasure in us getting beat than them winning. This thread is always more active with general chat anyway, no matter the score.

And this isn't a dig at Celtic supporters on here, because there are a lot of good guys, (or in general really) but there is a tangible apathy currently in their support, I guess because they have a manager (and now a chairman) many of them can't stick, a side happy to accept mercenary ex-Rangers players and, well, frankly we've been ***** competition for 2+ years now.

Huttons tackle was a great tackle, he won the ball and only got booked cause Clark started crying and rolling around on the floor.

Clarks was terrible cause Hutton had already knocked the ball past him before Clark had got to him and his tackle was up at his knee.

Ferguson was playing peacemaker with the McCulloch situation as you see Fergie running towards him then after hes landed he holds McCulloch away from everything else after hes battered into Severin, also, i think he does miss the Old Firm cause he will miss Motherwell, play against Hibs, then probably miss Celtic and Gretna.

Originally posted by TM:

we have Motherwell and HIbs away before the OF game

oh well then. tough game for you guys, i reckon you will draw with motherwell and get beat by hibs. im not being bias, thats in all honestly. these 2 teams have showen they certainly can match up to both sides of the of. i reckon we have a tough game away to dundee utd on boxing day. what happened the the days of 4-0 and 5-0 every week?

Archived