The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah that was pretty baws, our midfield was terrible in the first half and they deserved the lead (despite the dodgyiness in it) from real time, yeah I'd say that's a hard decision to make, but to just listen to that twat say it was onside with the slow replay just shows how much he hates us

anyway, Boyd and Naismith did look quite good upfront today, Boyd probably the pick of our players with his workrate although his finishing did drop which is not good, but not surprising. half of FF will be happy his workrate is up though icon_rolleyes.gif

thought the pen was a bit soft, but it was a pen - think JCD going changed the game though as he started quite well but I was a bit apprehensive seeing that Well are actually a team that plays now, compared to the ones of Malpas/Butcher when they were hammer throwers. Don't think McGregor really had a lot to do though

probably a bit harsh here considering he didn't get a lot of chances and he did get that CL goal, but if Ross McCormack had shown that much when he got chances at Rangers, he'd probably still be near the Gers squad icon14.gif ah well we're used to that I guess with old players going and making differences

Originally posted by TommyBhoy:

what about that, cheats,

hope beasley gets punished like mikolunas(sp?)

Haha, what? He was quite clearly pulled then had his legs caught. Jesus.

Some superb logic in the Setanta studio from Mark Hateley too: "Porter was 6 or 7 inches off-side but you have to give the attacker the benefit of the doubt in those instances" **** me, he's either off or on and he was off, no question.

Suppose we'll have to be content with a draw. Have to learn to produce better performances before big European ties though. Whittaker and Boyd had shockers. Naismith was anonymous in the second half out on that right hand side. Beasley was the biggest danger on the left so WS decides to switch him to the right and bring on Charlie Adam? Very odd.

Why are we so ineffectual in first halfs? icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

I thought Boyd worked hard today and just had a bit of an off day with his finishing.

Too many times we gave the ball away though. Just not good enough.

A bit of a blow losing Darcheville though. Surely we must play Novo now.

Going to be getting rid of all my old Rangers shirts as well as a Rangers flag. Having a clear out of all my stuff to raise some much needed funds.

I will be listing them on ebay but thought I would mention it in here first in case anyone collects them. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by FrazT:

Amused to noted in the FM 2008 Data Issues Forum that after just over 24 hours since its release, the Celtic threrad has about 100 posts already!

To be fair, that might be the thread I started in jest about 4 months ago. icon_biggrin.gif

Saturday was shocking - Ferguson didn't look interested, yet it's Kevin Thomson who takes all the abuse on FF.

Lucky feickers there - mon hanging on. Rangers have played well and looked very competetive - if they can continue this, they should easily get into the knock-out stages.

Also, how come the Carling sponsorship is blocked? I can't imagine it being a ban against alcohol or owt seeinig as the Champions League seems to whore itself to Heineken.

Originally posted by Andy "Muzza" Murray:

Believe its a French thing not having alcohol sponsors

yeah the interesting thing was they showed the kids in the Rangers shirts with the Lyon players, but they had the strips without the sponsors logo icon_biggrin.gif looks a bit strange to have Rangers with the black strip over it when there is shirts without the sponsors (I think they actually retail them as well?)

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atvkwkad:

3-0 :*)

Lyon just awful really

3 great goals..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im sure they are, but Lyon are still gash

Archived