The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

Average footballers appear average in average teams sometimes- lets give the boy a chance to see what he can do with better players around him.

I just dont see it personally. Although i wont go against the lad like some of our fans are doing with Whittaker/Thomson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

has whittaker been poor so far? just asking out of interest, barely watched rangers this season.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by fbc_89:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

Average footballers appear average in average teams sometimes- lets give the boy a chance to see what he can do with better players around him.

I just dont see it personally. Although i wont go against the lad like some of our fans are doing with Whittaker/Thomson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

has whittaker been poor so far? just asking out of interest, barely watched rangers this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some fans would have you believe he has

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fbc_89:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

has whittaker been poor so far? just asking out of interest, barely watched rangers this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some fans would have you believe he has </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he plays right mid yeah? never understood how that would work with two defensive players down the right, unless hutton overlaps constantly.

he plays right mid yeah? never understood how that would work with two defensive players down the right, unless hutton overlaps constantly.

Whittaker is being lined up for a right mid role. Hutton overlaps all the time, given time both will get a good partnership going. Both can cover for one and other

Cuellar will have Henry in his back pocket and Hutton will deal with Messi icon_cool.gif

seriously, I don't expect too much from the Barca games - but we can't go into them thinking they are going to do us, remember Scotland did go to France and win, we could get something at Ibrox....maybe icon_biggrin.gif

I'm looking forward to it tbh. Reminds of when Del Pierro ripped the pish out Alec Cleland. Was hard to bear of course, but Alessandro was so on form it was a delight to watch. No doubt Messi has the potential to do the same, but these are the kinds of players you really want to see your team up against.

We have nothing to lose against Barca, everyone expects us to get humped anyway. The only other real chance we have of any points in this group is at home to Lyon. We then again, we shall see about that.

• SI Staff
CIS Insurance Cup - fourth round draw:

Aberdeen v Inverness CT

Dundee Utd v Hamilton Academical

Celtic v Hearts

Motherwell v Rangers

Ties to be played on 30/31 October.

Better than going away to Aberdeen, Celtic or Hearts I suppose icon_wink.gif

Fantastic debut, however recently he's played more like a right back being played out of position.

Remains to be seen whether he's a long term answer, but I'm prepared to give him time.

• SI Staff

01 MCGREGOR Allan

02 HUTTON Alan

05 PAPAC Sasa

03 WEIR David

24 CUELLAR Carlos

08 THOMSON Kevin

06 FERGUSON Barry

27 MCCULLOCH Lee

28 WHITTAKER Steven

18 NAISMITH Steven

09 BOYD Kris

9 Scots starting icon14.gif

Tricky tie, slightly apprehensive about this. Motherwell have looked pacey and flexible going forward and will cause us problems.

Glad we're putting out a strong XI. These type of games are our priority this season. Lyon will take care of itself on Tuesday.

Originally posted by TM:

I know Booth said it wasn't offside, but from the only replay you got there, I think that was showing shades of offside icon_biggrin.gif

although Booth is a mutton molester and would say anyone is onside against Rangers

my opinions 100% accurate then by the last replay, yet Booth comments on "the great through ball" he'd be seething if it was a goal against Celtic icon_frown.gif

• SI Staff

Whittaker has been awful in this match. Constantly giving the ball away and being caught in possession. Simply not good enough and needs subbed. It's putting a stop to all of our attacking play before it has even started.

Bring on Darcheville for Whittaker and play Naismith on the right.

can somebody please stab Booth icon_biggrin.gif JCD was as close as Porter's "offside" was there and apparently the linesman got both right

it was never onside you stupid idiot - the Well goal, JCD was offside but it was similar to the "definite" onside

Archived