The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ibroxhero:

I would like to see JCD come on for Beasley and use his power to plough through the Caley defence.

think they might keep him back if Boyd looks to be missing the Euro tie

solid and a good performance icon14.gif

Cuellar continues to impress and £2.5m is really looking like a complete bargain, Baz got 2 great goals and hopefully we will see him getting forward this year icon_cool.gif

Caley were really disappointing though, clogging away and playing route 1 football, wonder if Niculae will enjoy this sort of game if he gets his WP

although worrying to see Boyd injured, didn't look good either

Guest sav112

Main difference is I don’t expect us to loose crappy cheap goals now. ICT caused us no end of trouble last season as well, so a good three points and sound like we played well.

Boyd might be injured but I think its time to start with Novo…….let Boyd fight back onto the pitch with goals

Originally posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi:

Well, dispite that last gasp goal killing my perdiction looks like it was a good performance today on one of our bogey teams last year. Looking forward to the highlights tonight. (Still waiting on a top-up TV card)

Iirc, from what Donnelly said mid-week, the SPL highlights show is on Wednedays now?

Originally posted by ibroxhero:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi:

Whats this about an injury to Boyd?

Turned his ankle. Possible ligament damage mentioned, although probably not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

money on him not playing mid-week, couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo this season icon_eek.gif

good performance today, but i was still worried the defence still looked shakey at times not clearing crosses icon13.gif need to get them practicing that at training seems to be a rangers problem every season. Roll on Zeta icon_razz.gif

The Irn-Bru Scottish Football League Championship First Division

why do we have to get Clydesdale Bank and they get a class sponsor like Irn-Bru icon_biggrin.gif

winning the Irn-Bru Scottish Premier League title would be icon_cool.gif

another question, what will the SFA do about the challange on De Marcus Beasley which only the commentators caught, the referee/linesman never saw but with the new video footage to catch out 'cheaters' which he did he cheated to stop his team going a further goal down and should have been a man down icon_wink.gif

Gretna must be awful to lose 4-0 to Falkirk though

on the plus side for this weekend, Aberdeen lost to a last minute Dundee Utd goal icon_cool.gif Considine is expected to be Russell Anderson's replacement according to Jimmeh - he made the mistake for it icon_cool.gif

just need Naismith to score the winner tomorrow and the weekend is complete icon14.gif

going to be an abysmal season full of telling on each other then icon14.gif

Celtic fans telling on Rangers, Rangers doing the same when they hear some Celtic fans singing their stuff (and they do, so they cannot deny it) Aberdeen singing their songs glorifying injuries to players and stadium disasters, Hearts and Hibs trying to wind up the OF by using alternative lyrics to the chants from OF fans

going to be a great season icon14.gif and only because of utter idiots who are not Rangers supporters but decide to mouth off - hope the club find these stupid lot and hammer them icon14.gif

of course, we will be first to get it with the media watching everything we do - I expect points deducted would probably not even stop this as well, although the club would probably do a lot more to try and get rid of it

Originally posted by Jambo:

Just been on radio scotland that the singing today will be in the official report that is handed to the spl on wednesday.

Guess we'll get to see how serious their threats were then

as lnog as they bring other fans to task then it wont be a problem.... although i dont see that happening.

Hopefully Boyd's injury isn't too severe but enough to put his arse on the bench for a few games. He's been rotten since the end of last season. Aye ok the lone striker role isn't his type of role but still Novo has done more than Boyd and deserves a start and hopefully it'll give Kris a kick up the arse.

Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Hopefully Boyd's injury isn't too severe but enough to put his arse on the bench for a few games. He's been rotten since the end of last season. Aye ok the lone striker role isn't his type of role but still Novo has done more than Boyd and deserves a start and hopefully it'll give Kris a kick up the arse.

I tend to feel sorry for Boyd when he's up front on his own. He is simply not a player that can play that role.

I would be better for all concerned, if Smith is going to continue with this formation, that Kris Boyd be sold.

Its not doing him any good or the team any good, and he's getting a harsh time for something that isnt solely his fault.

Originally posted by TM:

why are you looking at Follow Follow? icon_frown.gif you do realise it's a Rangers messageboard and there isn't too many Killie fans there

I haven't been on, but some folk on another have mentioned it, hence i said " whats this i'm hearing " icon_wink.gif

I think Nacho has been impressive so far. I think he's probably best used when he comes on as a sub, I can't see him having the same impact on games if he plays from the start.

Defenders must hate him, he's just a pest.

cracking finish today icon14.gif played aright against Zeta as well I thought and obviously the great goal V Chelsea in the pre-season game icon_smile.gif

general play was good as well, has a great attitude

Guest sav112

thanks for that....... icon14.gif

As for the idiots singing….these guys who sign we can agree probably hate Celtic the most yet in there own sad way by singing are letting the Celtic Fans lap it up, they love it and why should they not as these idiots show the Rangers fans up.

If they had a brain they would see that, they may as well run on to the pitch and kick one of the Gers players they are supposed to support.

Couple of points from an article I was reading

"Neither Rangers nor any other club are guaranteed to be punished simply because their fans sing offensive songs, but they certainly will be risking major disciplinary action if they cannot prove they are doing everything possible to stamp it out."

"It would not have to be established that the songs were "sectarian" for Rangers be at risk of punishment, only that they were "offensive".

&

"If the SPL decides Rangers have a case to answer from Inverness, a three-man independent commission will investigate the matter fully. The commission may be chaired by a law lord and will have no input from anyone connected with any of the 12 member clubs. The commission will also decide on the appropriate punishment."

Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Couple of points from an article I was reading

"It would not have to be established that the songs were "sectarian" for Rangers be at risk of punishment, only that they were "offensive".

Surely this point covers ANY teams fans having a go at rival's

for example....

Killie sing "dirty Ayr B*stards" toward Ayre Unitd and to be honest, most teams sing the same some toward their rivals.

They are really going down a road where they have to be consistant with any investigations they do...

Will the media or the SFA do so.... I have my doubts.

Archived